Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Gun noob here

  1. #1
    jimtem's Avatar
    jimtem is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    35

    Gun noob here

    Hello all. Yup another gun noob.

    BUT,,,,,,,,, I am a long time forum user and know forum rules. I vow to post in the appropriate forums, never double post, read all forum rules, only respond if I have helpful info, never hijack a thread, stay on topic, title my threads appropriately, never post and run and most importantly,,,,,,,, the grand daddy king of all forum rules,,,,,, I vow to always,,,, always,,,, always SEARCH before posting!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    I vow to... read all forum rules,
    Todd will tell you to anyways- welcome to HGF

  3. #3
    The Reaper's Avatar
    The Reaper is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    66
    Welcome.....thelonerang3r is right.....Todd will tell you again regardless hahaha

    enjoy!

  4. #4
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thelonerang3r View Post
    Todd will tell you to anyways- welcome to HGF
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Welcome.....thelonerang3r is right.....Todd will tell you again regardless hahaha
    Who me?


    Welcome to the forum!

  5. #5
    dosborn's Avatar
    dosborn is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    882
    Welcome!!

    What part of MO are you in?

  6. #6
    dondavis3's Avatar
    dondavis3 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas / Fort Worth Texas Area
    Posts
    1,871
    Welcome from North Central Texas - I think you'll like it here.

  7. #7
    jimtem's Avatar
    jimtem is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by dosborn View Post
    Welcome!!

    What part of MO are you in?
    I am originally from Kansas City but am currently finishing up my degree at MSU in Springfield. Are you a native Springfieldian?

  8. #8
    dosborn's Avatar
    dosborn is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    I am originally from Kansas City but am currently finishing up my degree at MSU in Springfield. Are you a native Springfieldian?
    I actually grew up about 20 miles north of Springfield, in Brighton (on Hwy 13).

    I work in Springfield and live in Nixa.

    How about that eye candy at MSU? Between MSU and OTC this town is covered.

    Where do you do most of your gun shopping? If you haven't already, you need to check out Cherokee Firearms. They are very close to downtown. The guys in there are really good to deal with. Nick is the owner, tell him Dustin sent you.

  9. #9
    jimtem's Avatar
    jimtem is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by dosborn View Post
    I actually grew up about 20 miles north of Springfield, in Brighton (on Hwy 13).

    I work in Springfield and live in Nixa.

    How about that eye candy at MSU? Between MSU and OTC this town is covered.

    Where do you do most of your gun shopping? If you haven't already, you need to check out Cherokee Firearms. They are very close to downtown. The guys in there are really good to deal with. Nick is the owner, tell him Dustin sent you.
    Thanks for the tip I'll check out Cherokee. Im a noob so i have been in Gunslinger once and also 417 Guns once. I bought a Glock 19 last week. So far I've put only 200 rounds through it at basspro. Cant comment on the ladies cause I'm going on 8 years of very happy marriage with my eye candy

    I work in Nixa. So where do you shoot?

  10. #10
    Freedom1911's Avatar
    Freedom1911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    622
    Welcome to the forum.

    And let me say. if you do all that. You will be the first.

  11. #11
    jimtem's Avatar
    jimtem is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    35
    hey Todd, I noticed your sig..... I taught in an Autistic classroom last year. It was a great experiance.

  12. #12
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    hey Todd, I noticed your sig..... I taught in an Autistic classroom last year. It was a great experiance.
    Yeah, my oldest son has Autism. It's a double edged sword. Great on some accounts because he sees the world in different ways than the rest of us, and beat your head against the wall frustrating on other accounts.

  13. #13
    dosborn's Avatar
    dosborn is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    So where do you shoot?
    I go to Pleasant Hope 99% of the time. It's about 20 minutes north of Springfield on H Hwy. It costs nothing, they provide targets and no range master. I bring my own targets but if I run out I don't feel bad using theirs since I spend about $100 a year on deer/turkey tags.

    Its usually not very busy (2-4 people) and have a 25 and 100 yard with a massive burm between the two. I probably shouldn't say this... people leave TONS of brass out there. Weekend before last, I came home with about 300 .223, 100 9mm, and 50 .40 that had been there overnight (some was full of water). I don't even check the 100 yard for cases so there is no telling what kind of rifle rounds could be had. Don't let me catch you stealing my brass!!

    Let me know if you need more info, directions, ect. about local ranges, venues or whatever in Spfd.

  14. #14
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    Welcome to the forum from Ky.

  15. #15
    banjar's Avatar
    banjar is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    603
    Welcome from Eastern North Carolina.

  16. #16
    jimtem's Avatar
    jimtem is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by dosborn View Post
    I go to Pleasant Hope 99% of the time. It's about 20 minutes north of Springfield on H Hwy. It costs nothing, they provide targets and no range master. I bring my own targets but if I run out I don't feel bad using theirs since I spend about $100 a year on deer/turkey tags.

    Its usually not very busy (2-4 people) and have a 25 and 100 yard with a massive burm between the two. I probably shouldn't say this... people leave TONS of brass out there. Weekend before last, I came home with about 300 .223, 100 9mm, and 50 .40 that had been there overnight (some was full of water). I don't even check the 100 yard for cases so there is no telling what kind of rifle rounds could be had. Don't let me catch you stealing my brass!!

    Let me know if you need more info, directions, ect. about local ranges, venues or whatever in Spfd.
    I'll leave your brass be.

    I directed my "Wheres the best place to shoot in/around Springfield Missouri", question to this thread http://handgunforum.net/showthread.p...187#post194187 since this is more of just a Hello thread. Hello and thanks for the greetings all.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1