Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hey!

  1. #1
    Medic is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Liberal Jersey
    Posts
    25

    Hey!

    Hey, 19 year old college student here. I'll be 20 in april

    I've always been interested in guns, hunting, and things of that nature but coming from the nothern part of the state no one around me is really into any of this stuff. Infact, It seems like 95% of people around me believe there is no need for a gun, or are just plain scared of them!

    My state has a "may-issue" law which is basically a big fat NO to carrying a hand gun. I wish this would change, but i dont see it happening anytime soon. Either way, I plan to apply for one when I turn 21 in around a year.

    I like to research things before I buy them, so I figured i'd sign up early and start learning now.

    I've only personally shot 2 guns before... a 22 and a springfield 1911 45

    Both were awesome guns, obviously I'd prefer the springfield though

    My friend just got his permit so we've been searching and reading reviews for his first gun. I'm sure i'll be shooting with him shortly

    Take care!

  2. #2
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,741
    Welcome from the swamp. Enjoy.

  3. #3
    tony pasley's Avatar
    tony pasley is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    clyde n.c.
    Posts
    2,094
    Welcome from the mountian top in North Carolina. Take the time to get a basic handgun training class and enjoy.

  4. #4
    Mike Barham's Avatar
    Mike Barham is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona, baby!
    Posts
    5,081
    Greetings and welcome!
    Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

    Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

    All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Largo, Fl
    Posts
    501
    Welcome aboard from the sandpile. I was born and raised in N.J (exit 105). I left about 5 years ago. I know what you're going through dealing with the idiot system up there. Stick it out and go the correct route to get your firearms. I gave up, then moved to Fla.
    There is a member here who may be able to help you. He signs on as Robanna. He's near Exit 135. Maybe that's not too far from you and maybe "youse" guys can hook up.
    Also, scroll down the main page of this forum, find the area marked "Regions", and see if you can find someone in the New Jersey section.
    Jump in. Enjoy. That's what the forum is all about.

  6. #6
    Medic is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Liberal Jersey
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by drummin man 627 View Post
    Welcome aboard from the sandpile. I was born and raised in N.J (exit 105). I left about 5 years ago. I know what you're going through dealing with the idiot system up there. Stick it out and go the correct route to get your firearms. I gave up, then moved to Fla.
    There is a member here who may be able to help you. He signs on as Robanna. He's near Exit 135. Maybe that's not too far from you and maybe "youse" guys can hook up.
    Also, scroll down the main page of this forum, find the area marked "Regions", and see if you can find someone in the New Jersey section.
    Jump in. Enjoy. That's what the forum is all about.
    I'm 135 too clark/westfield

  7. #7
    Rustycompass's Avatar
    Rustycompass is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pawley's Island
    Posts
    1,126

    Thumbs up Welcome

    Hey from Florida ...

  8. #8
    babs's Avatar
    babs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    My state has a "may-issue" law which is basically a big fat NO to carrying a hand gun.
    Funny the states that have the toughest handgun laws are coincidentally where it would be more prudent for the law-abiding persons to carry due to less-than-stellar crime levels... hmmm.

    Welcome from another in NC.. I'm 39 and new to handguns (but if it's long, bolt action and good for going to war with tasty deer-delskies I'm comfy with it).. but now with a couple little tikes.. I've decided I need some bad medicine at hand with the recent break-ins locally recently.. Plus I just plain want the experience and enjoy shooting, whatever it is.. including arrows.

  9. #9
    Medic is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Liberal Jersey
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by babs View Post
    Funny the states that have the toughest handgun laws are coincidentally where it would be more prudent for the law-abiding persons to carry due to less-than-stellar crime levels... hmmm.

    Welcome from another in NC.. I'm 39 and new to handguns (but if it's long, bolt action and good for going to war with tasty deer-delskies I'm comfy with it).. but now with a couple little tikes.. I've decided I need some bad medicine at hand with the recent break-ins locally recently.. Plus I just plain want the experience and enjoy shooting, whatever it is.. including arrows.
    same thing here, sad thing is everyone says "if someone breaks into your house in jersey, you better kill them". Reason being is if you shoot someone here on your property most likely YOU will become the criminal and if they survive they will sue you for everything you got and win

    Either way, I want a handgun as a hobby and HD

  10. #10
    lsmith52 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2
    Welcome from a Texas newby. I have in-laws in Howell and Whiting. I worked in NY for a few years and lived in Clifton. Sure was glad to move back home to a warmer climate. I actually liked my brief stay in NJ, met a lot of good folks.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1