Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 19 or 23

  1. #1
    nukehayes's Avatar
    nukehayes is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stationed in San Diego, home is Newark, OH
    Posts
    488

    19 or 23

    I was wondering how much more stiff the spring in the 23 is over the 19. I like the size of the compact glocks and 9mm is cheaper to shoot, but I really want the power of a .40. I'm going to get one of these sooner or later and still trying to argue with myself. Do yall think my wife would have a problem operating the slide of the 23? She's not that weak (her first gun experiance was one handed with a .44 mag and just complained about the noise...God, I love her)

  2. #2
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    I will probably go to a 19 instead of the 23 I have some day because I want to shoot more and a 9mm well placed will work very good. I've looked at some 1911's and though the are beautiful guns I think they are too big for me to conceal. Good luck.

  3. #3
    L8models's Avatar
    L8models is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    I will probably go to a 19 instead of the 23 I have some day because I want to shoot more and a 9mm well placed will work very good. I've looked at some 1911's and though the are beautiful guns I think they are too big for me to conceal. Good luck.
    I agree. 1911's are beautiful guns and they say everyone should own atleast one. But, I am looking at a budget here. I can't afford to shoot my Sig .45 like I would like. One day I will probably buy a 1911, but right now I think a Glock 19 is my best option. I just want a plain ol 19 with no rails or night sites..Just want a nice holster for it. Both my XD-40 and Sig have factory night sites and rails.

  4. #4
    L8models's Avatar
    L8models is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    254
    Or I could pick up a quality used 19 and spend the rest on .45 acp ammo...lol

  5. #5
    Vom Kriege's Avatar
    Vom Kriege is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    336
    .40SW doesn't offer enough over a 9mm to worry about getting a .40SW. Just get the 19 and get some top quality carry ammo and enjoy shooting more for less when training.

  6. #6
    GeorgiaGlocker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    18
    My wife loves to shoot my 19. I would stick with the 19.

  7. #7
    dglockster's Avatar
    dglockster is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    16
    You can also get the G23, a 9mm conversion barrel for that model Glock, a few G19 mags and have two calibers on one frame. Please note that stock 9mm barrels will not work.

    Nothing internally needs to be changed so long as you use the G23 in its original (.40) configuration for carry and use the 9mm conversion barrel for range use.

  8. #8
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by dglockster View Post
    You can also get the G23, a 9mm conversion barrel for that model Glock, a few G19 mags and have two calibers on one frame. Please note that stock 9mm barrels will not work.

    Nothing internally needs to be changed so long as you use the G23 in its original (.40) configuration for carry and use the 9mm conversion barrel for range use.
    I may just do that.

  9. #9
    Swatdude's Avatar
    Swatdude is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by nukehayes View Post
    I was wondering how much more stiff the spring in the 23 is over the 19. I like the size of the compact glocks and 9mm is cheaper to shoot, but I really want the power of a .40. I'm going to get one of these sooner or later and still trying to argue with myself. Do yall think my wife would have a problem operating the slide of the 23? She's not that weak (her first gun experiance was one handed with a .44 mag and just complained about the noise...God, I love her)
    Check out the 23C. Otherwise, that little 23 loaded up with some hot rounds is a jumping jehosiphat. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong)

  10. #10
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,296
    nukehayes, the G19 and G23 use the exact same recoil spring assembly, and it is a tribute to Glock's fine design and engineering that this is so. As such, the effort required to manually retract the slide is the same for each of these models. The .40s more snappy recoil is offset by a heavier slide assembly (and other internal differences, I believe) to allow the same spring to be used in both calibers. It is also the same spring used in the G32 .357.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •