Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Glock Fever

  1. #1
    Lee Hunter's Avatar
    Lee Hunter is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    86

    Glock Fever

    Well, the urge to purchase another Glock pistol is approaching the overwhelming point again. And this time I'm pondering the purchase of a G32/G4... Should I, or shouldn't I take the plunge? Hmmmm.

  2. #2
    goldwing is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    599
    Do it. Do it now.
    Gw

  3. #3
    SailDesign's Avatar
    SailDesign is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    Do it. Do it now.
    Gw
    Pimp.

  4. #4
    goldwing is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    599
    Killjoy!

  5. #5
    SailDesign's Avatar
    SailDesign is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    Killjoy!
    I didn't say "Stop"...

  6. #6
    rustygun is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canton, Oh
    Posts
    385
    I would go for it. That's the only way to cure the fever. That would be an excellent choice same size as the 19 but with a little more bang. Please let us know how you like it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    578
    Of course - go for it. You obviously have good taste in firearms and you shouldn't deny yourself. Besides, if you don't buy it, someone else will. Where's the fun in that?

  8. #8
    Lee Hunter's Avatar
    Lee Hunter is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by rustygun View Post
    I would go for it. That's the only way to cure the fever. That would be an excellent choice same size as the 19 but with a little more bang. Please let us know how you like it.
    I've been a certifiable Glock enthusiast ever since I purchased a G35/G4 last year. I appreciated the features and ergonomics so much I bought an OD colored G23/G4, which replaced my FNP-9 for daily carry. Then, my wife shoots both of these pistols and likes my G23 so much she buys an OD colored G19/G4.

    I have also become a LWD aftermarket barrel collector. I currently own five, plus a compensator. And I'm going to buy another .357 SIG barrel for my G23, which will also work on a G32.

    I've been into handguns and reloading ammo for many moons. But after I decided to try the .357 SIG, I mentally kicked myself for not having tried this powerful little bottle cartridge sooner. Combined with a Glock pistol, this super 9 has proven to be everything I've been looking for... YES!

  9. #9
    rustygun is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canton, Oh
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hunter View Post
    I've been a certifiable Glock enthusiast ever since I purchased a G35/G4 last year. I appreciated the features and ergonomics so much I bought an OD colored G23/G4, which replaced my FNP-9 for daily carry. Then, my wife shoots both of these pistols and likes my G23 so much she buys an OD colored G19/G4.

    I have also become a LWD aftermarket barrel collector. I currently own five, plus a compensator. And I'm going to buy another .357 SIG barrel for my G23, which will also work on a G32.

    I've been into handguns and reloading ammo for many moons. But after I decided to try the .357 SIG, I mentally kicked myself for not having tried this powerful little bottle cartridge sooner. Combined with a Glock pistol, this super 9 has proven to be everything I've been looking for... YES!
    DAM IT. your fever is contagious.
    Lee Hunter likes this.

  10. #10
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,601
    Yep. No "herd immunity" for Glock Fever here.
    Lee Hunter likes this.
    "Placement is power" -- seen in an article by Stephen A. Camp
    (RIP, Mr. Camp; you will be remembered, and missed)

  11. #11
    denner's Avatar
    denner is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,241
    The deals and prices on firearms at present are very good, perhaps as good as they are going to get in my opinion. Go for it.

  12. #12
    Lee Hunter's Avatar
    Lee Hunter is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by rustygun View Post
    DAM IT. your fever is contagious.
    So, what particular Glock model are you currently drooling over?

    If I were headed into bear country for casual hiking, I'd be inclined to purchase the new Glock 40 equipped with a 6" barrel, 15 round magazine, and the option to install an optical sight. The big 10 would sizzle out of this baby using the optimum load and bullet.

  13. #13
    Lee Hunter's Avatar
    Lee Hunter is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by denner View Post
    The deals and prices on firearms at present are very good, perhaps as good as they are going to get in my opinion. Go for it.

    Oh, I am currently 90% certain I will purchase the G32/G4 pistol in the near future. But first I'm going to buy the two port LWD .357 SIG barrel for my G23. If I'm still as happy with how this functions as I am with my factory length, un-ported G35/G4 SIG barrel, A new Glock 32 will find its way into my growing collection.
    denner likes this.

  14. #14
    rustygun is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canton, Oh
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hunter View Post
    So, what particular Glock model are you currently drooling over?

    If I were headed into bear country for casual hiking, I'd be inclined to purchase the new Glock 40 equipped with a 6" barrel, 15 round magazine, and the option to install an optical sight. The big 10 would sizzle out of this baby using the optimum load and bullet.
    I do like the new G40 I don't do much hunting anymore though.I don't have anything in 10mm or .357 sig. Reading your post about the G32 has peaked my interest. I think it would make a nice carry piece. I have 4 Gen 4 glocks and I really like them. They have been extremely reliable. My favorite is my G21 (.45 ACP).

  15. #15
    paratrooper's Avatar
    paratrooper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,257
    I have to be careful. I tend to get my 21C mixed up with my staple gun.
    denner likes this.

  16. #16
    GCBHM is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,017
    I think everyone should have a compact Glock of every caliber. That's the Glock 19 platform, of course. A 19, 23 and 32. And of course, a 21, 41 and another .45 of you choice. Glocks for everyone!
    Lee Hunter likes this.

  17. #17
    denner's Avatar
    denner is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,241
    Yes, sounds like the OP has the fever.
    GCBHM and Lee Hunter like this.

  18. #18
    DirtyDog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by GCBHM View Post
    I think everyone should have a compact Glock of every caliber. That's the Glock 19 platform, of course. A 19, 23 and 32. And of course, a 21, 41 and another .45 of you choice. Glocks for everyone!

    I still need a 19. Then I'll have the 9mm in every size. Plus the 42 and 41 to take care of the extreme ends.
    If only the BATF would hurry up with my paperwork. I think the suppressor for the 41 is getting lonely sitting at the shop...

  19. #19
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,601
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper View Post
    I have to be careful. I tend to get my 21C mixed up with my staple gun.
    Helpful tips for keeping them separate: The 21C is probably louder, although depending on the staples you are using, the staple gun may have better penetration (those chisel-point staples really dig in!).

    Staple gun probably has a nicer finish.

    Trigger pull weight/travel is probably a toss-up. G21C trigger will have a shorter reset, though.


    denner likes this.
    "Placement is power" -- seen in an article by Stephen A. Camp
    (RIP, Mr. Camp; you will be remembered, and missed)

  20. #20
    paratrooper's Avatar
    paratrooper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
    Helpful tips for keeping them separate: The 21C is probably louder, although depending on the staples you are using, the staple gun may have better penetration (those chisel-point staples really dig in!).

    Staple gun probably has a nicer finish.

    Trigger pull weight/travel is probably a toss-up. G21C trigger will have a shorter reset, though.




    I have some extreme hi-capacity mags for my 21C. It holds about as many rounds as my staple gun does staples.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

glock

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1