Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Glock 42

  1. #1
    GCBHM is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,468

    Glock 42

    Picked up the Glock 42 today. Looking forward to getting to the range with it! It feels really good.

  2. #2
    rustygun is online now Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canton, Oh
    Posts
    246
    Congratulations, I shot one and I really liked it. I hope to buy one myself someday.

  3. #3
    GCBHM is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,468
    I shot one several months ago and just bought it today. They are smooth shooting, uh!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    463
    Yes - a really nice pistol IMO. I love mine.

  5. #5
    prez is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by GCBHM View Post
    Picked up the Glock 42 today. Looking forward to getting to the range with it! It feels really good.
    Any feedback now that you've had a chance to shoot the 42? I've looked at one in my local shop, but have never shot one. I'd be interested to know what your experience has been now that you've had it for a while.

  6. #6
    GCBHM is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by prez View Post
    Any feedback now that you've had a chance to shoot the 42? I've looked at one in my local shop, but have never shot one. I'd be interested to know what your experience has been now that you've had it for a while.
    I definitely recommend getting one. What I like about it is that it is small, but it's not a nano-sized "pocket pistol". It has a 3.25" barrel which helps with accuracy, and it has an extremely smooth recoil compared to other .380s I've shot. It's simple, and easy to operate. It's a true Glock. Now if you want a really good DA/SA pistol in .380 I would recommend the Bersa Thunder. It is the best DA/SA .380 available for the money, IMHO. But it's larger than the Glock, with no more capacity and no smoother.

  7. #7
    prez is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    14
    Glad to hear it's working well for you. I've shot a Bersa, and it was fine, but didn't fit me very well. I love my Glock 19, so the idea of a smaller package, with the same reliability and easy maintenance seems appealing to me.

  8. #8
    GCBHM is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by prez View Post
    Glad to hear it's working well for you. I've shot a Bersa, and it was fine, but didn't fit me very well. I love my Glock 19, so the idea of a smaller package, with the same reliability and easy maintenance seems appealing to me.
    Yeah, I use the Glock 19 Gen4 for EDC, and carry the G42 as back up much of the time. You almost forget you have it on.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1