Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. #26
    sbc_pd10 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    Why wouldn't I be? Just because your experiences differ from mine? Mine malfunctions quite often. I have a reason to be concerned as do many others who have these weapons.
    Well did you even bother to read my other post?

    1) Which model Gen 4 are you having problems with? I think you said G19. Not sure why you would carry a G19 on duty but to each his own I guess.
    2) Have you contacted Glock and what did they reply?
    3) If you did contact them, did you try what they suggested?

    Simply put if you have a duty gun as you said earlier that you are having problems with and have not attempted to address it with Glock, then thats on you. I have not heard of anyone having problems with Gen 4 Glocks recently(G17s anyway) unless they had one of the early ones and had not followed Glock's recommendations or gotten the new recoil spring(which they will send for free).

    If you are truly a LEO and having issues and done all these things, then have you contacted your regional LE rep from Glock? Glock prides itself on providing the largest number of LE agencies with firearms and wants to keep it that way. They will take care of any problem you are experiencing.

    With that said, and please keep in mind I am not trying to upset you, but from your posts and reactions I seriously doubt you have done any of this. If you had, we would not be having this conversation. So simply put, make a little effort on your own to make sure the weapon your life depends on functions properly or live with the consequences. However, stop bashing the gun and others' posts if you are not willing to put forth some effort on your own to resolve your problem. I promise you now that Glock is not going to just call you out the blue and ask how its going. You have to take some initiative for yourself. I told you in my other post which it seems you didn't even read that Glocks bought through the individual officer purchase program are supposed to be covered for the life of the gun with the exception of normal wear and tear such as replacing recoil spring assembly every 5k(i think thats right for gen 4) rounds and such. So there is no reason that you should not be able to easily have this addressed.

    GL and let us know how it turns out if you ever do.

  2. Ads
  3. #27
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc_pd10 View Post
    Well did you even bother to read my other post?

    1) Which model Gen 4 are you having problems with? I think you said G19. Not sure why you would carry a G19 on duty but to each his own I guess.
    2) Have you contacted Glock and what did they reply?
    3) If you did contact them, did you try what they suggested?

    Simply put if you have a duty gun as you said earlier that you are having problems with and have not attempted to address it with Glock, then thats on you. I have not heard of anyone having problems with Gen 4 Glocks recently(G17s anyway) unless they had one of the early ones and had not followed Glock's recommendations or gotten the new recoil spring(which they will send for free).

    If you are truly a LEO and having issues and done all these things, then have you contacted your regional LE rep from Glock? Glock prides itself on providing the largest number of LE agencies with firearms and wants to keep it that way. They will take care of any problem you are experiencing.

    With that said, and please keep in mind I am not trying to upset you, but from your posts and reactions I seriously doubt you have done any of this. If you had, we would not be having this conversation. So simply put, make a little effort on your own to make sure the weapon your life depends on functions properly or live with the consequences. However, stop bashing the gun and others' posts if you are not willing to put forth some effort on your own to resolve your problem. I promise you now that Glock is not going to just call you out the blue and ask how its going. You have to take some initiative for yourself. I told you in my other post which it seems you didn't even read that Glocks bought through the individual officer purchase program are supposed to be covered for the life of the gun with the exception of normal wear and tear such as replacing recoil spring assembly every 5k(i think thats right for gen 4) rounds and such. So there is no reason that you should not be able to easily have this addressed.

    GL and let us know how it turns out if you ever do.
    Read back in this thread and you will see that I have contacted the local Glock rep and they are in the process of trying to remedy the situation. I'm not bashing the weapon, I just think they shouldn't have changed something that worked great in the past. The reliability is what pushed me towards Glock in the first place. This isn't going to be my duty weapon any longer within the next two weeks either. You would also know that if you read my other posts. I hope yours continues to function as it should (and I believe it will). Again, read my other posts before telling me that I'm not putting forth any effort. You could have saved a lot of time and typed half the response. I have a new RSA here to test out, and if this doesn't correct the issues, then they are likely going to replace the firearm. They are handling it well.

  4. #28
    sbc_pd10 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    50
    Well I certainly hope the new recoil spring assembly fixes your problem. I did read your previous posts but you spoke as if you tried the new recoil spring and were still having problems. That is why I told you to keep contacting them if you are still having issues.

    The other thing you should try if you continue to have issues is to have someone else shoot the gun. None of us are perfect and sometimes its the shooter and not the firearm. It could be something simple. Most likely the recoil spring assembly will fix your problem though.

    I posted here with what I found because of what the question posed by the original poster stated. So while you may have concerns, my reply asking if there were still concerns was posed to him since it was he who brought up the question to begin with.

    I personally don't like compact firearms for duty weapons but whatever suits you I guess is the way to go. While I carry a 9mm at work, I would not do so if there was another option but at this time I could not switch calibers. Its not an ideal round for LE use imo and depending on what you decide to do, I would suggest that if you do go with something else try a .40 or a .357 sig.

    Just out of curiosity, and I may have missed it, does your agency not issue a firearm? If they do, what is it and what made you decide to carry something else? My agency issues smith auto-loaders atm but they are not M&Ps. They are older model smiths and really need to be replaced. I hated the duty weapon they issued even though I shoot it well and the decision to move to something else was easy for me. Since I have switched though, and also since I have an excellent relationship with my Chief and the ability to suggest equipment purchases, they are talking now about trying to upgrade our current firearms. It doesn't hurt that I have shot higher scores than him the last few times out to the range and after switching firearms my scores are even higher hahah.

  5. #29
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc_pd10 View Post
    Well I certainly hope the new recoil spring assembly fixes your problem. I did read your previous posts but you spoke as if you tried the new recoil spring and were still having problems. That is why I told you to keep contacting them if you are still having issues.
    I haven't had time to test it. I'm going this weekend.

    The other thing you should try if you continue to have issues is to have someone else shoot the gun. None of us are perfect and sometimes its the shooter and not the firearm. It could be something simple. Most likely the recoil spring assembly will fix your problem though.
    I've had friends and a couple of our department instructors shoot the weapon and there were still issues. I also agree that the RSA should likely fix the issue since that seems to be the common culprit (based on what I've read/heard).

    I posted here with what I found because of what the question posed by the original poster stated. So while you may have concerns, my reply asking if there were still concerns was posed to him since it was he who brought up the question to begin with.
    I understand. But IMO, there are reasons to be concerned based on the amount of reports that have been posted online with people having similar issues. It really sucks and it's sad to see it for Glocks as well. I've owned and shot many other models and never had any issues. I haven't lost faith in Glocks reliability and reputation, but rather in my weapon.

    I personally don't like compact firearms for duty weapons but whatever suits you I guess is the way to go. While I carry a 9mm at work, I would not do so if there was another option but at this time I could not switch calibers. Its not an ideal round for LE use imo and depending on what you decide to do, I would suggest that if you do go with something else try a .40 or a .357 sig.
    I agree with you. I had 3 hours to purchase a firearm (started in the middle of a major operation). My new duty weapon is going to be an XDm 45. I've already purchased it. I'm breaking it in this weekend and just need to find my duty holster for it.

    Just out of curiosity, and I may have missed it, does your agency not issue a firearm? If they do, what is it and what made you decide to carry something else? My agency issues smith auto-loaders atm but they are not M&Ps. They are older model smiths and really need to be replaced. I hated the duty weapon they issued even though I shoot it well and the decision to move to something else was easy for me. Since I have switched though, and also since I have an excellent relationship with my Chief and the ability to suggest equipment purchases, they are talking now about trying to upgrade our current firearms. It doesn't hurt that I have shot higher scores than him the last few times out to the range and after switching firearms my scores are even higher hahah.
    They do not issue firearms. Like I said above I had about 3 hours to purchase a weapon and that limited my choices. The place that was closest only carried Glocks. If I had more time, I would have seriously considered some other options. I don't like the feel of most of the Glocks, and that's the main reason I went with the G19. I prefer the 45 round personally.


  6. #30
    sbc_pd10 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    50
    Just a suggestion for your new duty holster, check out the Blackhawk Serpa 3 duty holster. I bought one for my G17 and it is by far the most superior holster I have ever used. Its secure but its also easy for the wearer to operate and fast. I personally think its faster to draw then even a single retention holster. I have tried a bunch of different holsters over the last couple years(bianchi, g&g, safariland) but the Blackhawk is superior to them all. Its design is made for a natural grasp of your firearm to release it into your hand without having to manipulate things in an awkward fashion.

  7. #31
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc_pd10 View Post
    Just a suggestion for your new duty holster, check out the Blackhawk Serpa 3 duty holster. I bought one for my G17 and it is by far the most superior holster I have ever used. Its secure but its also easy for the wearer to operate and fast. I personally think its faster to draw then even a single retention holster. I have tried a bunch of different holsters over the last couple years(bianchi, g&g, safariland) but the Blackhawk is superior to them all. Its design is made for a natural grasp of your firearm to release it into your hand without having to manipulate things in an awkward fashion.
    They don't make it for the XD 5" (The XDm 45 is 4.5") and the ones that I know will work will leave the slide sticking out the bottom.

    I like Serpas but they tend to not be too popular around here because a local officer had his lock up after getting into a scuffle one time and he couldn't draw his weapon.

  8. #32
    Tuefelhunden is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    554
    Bummer about your Gen4 woes Beefy. Guess I'm finally getting a little wiser. Took me long enough. I liked everything about the new Gen4's but had real reservations about that new spring assembly in search of a problem. I understood why they did it on the 40's but the 9's were not necessary other than parts commonality perhaps. No worries. Sounds like aftermarket has already solved it and Glock will or already has as well.

    Nice thing about Gaston is their main thing is reliability and if that comes into question heaven and earth will move to get it rectified quick. Too much at stake with all the volume contract accounts to blow it off. They may not be doing it for us individuals but we still benefit.

    Good luck with your XDm 45 by the way. Should be a nice gun.

  9. #33
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    I shot 100 rounds through the G19 today with the new RSA and there were no malfunctions.

    I also shot about 150 rounds through the new XDm45 and it shot great! No problems with that either.

    Back tomorrow for more testing.

    I'll keep everyone posted...

  10. #34
    sbc_pd10 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    50
    Good to hear it brother! I figured the new recoil spring would fix it. My understanding is that all the latest production 9mm gen 4s will have the new recoil springs from the manufacturer for those still concerned.

  11. #35
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Well, the problem free shooting was short lived.

    I shot another 100 rounds through it today and had 3 more stovepipes (identical to before). This makes the average/ratio about the same as before.

    Also shot another 150 rounds through the XDm and didn't have any issues.

    I'll get with the Glock rep and see what the next step is.

  12. #36
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    I've been busy and haven't been able to update everyone.

    The rep pretty much immediately offered to replace the firearm. I think I'm going to trade it for a 3rd gen G26 and use that for my off duty/BUG.

    On a side note, they've been having a ton of issues with Gen4 19 models (and 17 models) and Glock is reportedly reworking the RSA.

  13. #37
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,196
    My wife shot just over 100rds through her 4th Gen G19 at our monthly IDPA match last weekend. Still no issues since going with the Glock Meister recoil spring assy.

  14. #38
    sbc_pd10 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    50
    Sorry I have been slow to respond.... been busy lately and more then a little ill with pnuemonia. I am sorry to hear you are still having problems but hopefully the Glock rep will work it out for you. I can honestly say I am suprised because I have not heard of anyone else recently having problems or any that had problems that were still persistent after receiving the new spring/rod assembly.

    Hopefully, your XD will serve you well. Personally I hate the dang things but thats something for another thread and more personal preference anyway. GL with the G26 if you get one. I hear they make a good backup/CCW!

  15. #39
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc_pd10 View Post
    Sorry I have been slow to respond.... been busy lately and more then a little ill with pnuemonia. I am sorry to hear you are still having problems but hopefully the Glock rep will work it out for you. I can honestly say I am suprised because I have not heard of anyone else recently having problems or any that had problems that were still persistent after receiving the new spring/rod assembly.

    Hopefully, your XD will serve you well. Personally I hate the dang things but thats something for another thread and more personal preference anyway. GL with the G26 if you get one. I hear they make a good backup/CCW!
    I didn't realize that I haven't even updated this thread. Been busy here as well.

    There have been quite a few people having issues around here and most of them are corrected by the new RSA, but not all. Oh well, I'm sure they will figure out what's going on.

    I did exchange it for a G26 and it shoots great as I expected. It's also very easy to hide.

  16. #40
    mik3gun is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28
    to avoid this problems I decided to buy a S&W MP9, in 1 month I have like 1200 rounds, 0 issue.

    Pretty good the gun.

    I had read in other forums about the same issue and I remember reading somewhere a guy who called to glock and glock said they havent listen about that problem hahahhha

    And there is manyyy people who have many rounds and 0 issue. but it is true many people have problems with g4 , just google and you will see.

  17. #41
    FoodDude is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Gen 4, No problem

    I just picked up a Glock G34 Gen 4 and have put several hundred rounds through it without incident. Before purchasing it I noticed that Glock was offering to replace the main spring from certain Gen 4 models built prior to July. I felt this was a safe line in the sand that they had resolved the spring issue on the Gen 4's

    Overall its a great gun and preforms flawlessly. I don't feel that there is any reason not to jump in and get a gen 4!

    FD

  18. #42
    emtrchr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW WI
    Posts
    7
    I've had a gen4 22 for several months, put around 500 rounds through it without an issue. shooting WWB. i do love this gun.

  19. #43
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrchr View Post
    I've had a gen4 22 for several months, put around 500 rounds through it without an issue. shooting WWB. i do love this gun.
    The issue was unique to the 9mm models. It's good to hear that there are plenty of people not having issues though.

  20. #44
    Packard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    1,017
    I read that Glock is offering free replacement springs for all the Gen4 (early production) guns except the baby Glocks which have had dual springs all along.

  21. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    108
    All of this brings to mind a related point. It stinks that you had reliability issues, but you shot enough rounds through the gun to identify the problem. We bought our own guns at the agencies I worked for. It used to blow my mind how many officers bought a new duty gun, stuffed it into a holster, and carried it unfired. One guy cleaned and re-assembled his pistol incorrectly after qualifying, and carried it on duty for 3 months, completely unaware the slide wouldn't even cycle! The issue was discovered at the next qualification.

    You should ALWAYS fire several hundred rounds of varying types through a new duty/defense weapon. Even though it is expensive, I you also need to shoot your duty ammo to make sure it functions properly. For the casual shooter, this is bad enough, but for duty and CCW, you must have total reliability and confidence in your weapon.

    Congrats for having the sense to know the difference. Good luck, and stay safe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

generation 4 glock problems
,
glock 17 gen 4 problems
,
glock 17 problems
,

glock 19 gen 4 problems

,

glock 23 gen 4 problems

,
glock 26 gen 4 problems
,
glock 27 gen 4 problems
,
glock 35 gen 4 problems
,
glock gen 4 issues
,

glock gen 4 problems

,
glock generation 4 problems
,
glock problems
Click on a term to search for related topics.