Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mike#9's Avatar
    mike#9 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Apopka, FL
    Posts
    165

    How often do you have your Glock..

    Fully taken apart and cleaned? Is it critical to have the trigger assembly taken out along with the normal stuff.....often. Or is that saved for a special occassion.....like once a year or something?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    zhurdan's Avatar
    zhurdan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,251
    I've never had my Glock fully disassembled, but that's what I thought air compressors were for.

    I think it'd be fun from the educational side of things to break it down that far, but I can get it spicky-span clean just as easy without tearing it down all the way. A little cleaning fluid, a brush and an air compressor usually gets rid of anything that will matter.

    Zhur

  3. #3
    buck32's Avatar
    buck32 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by zhurdan View Post
    I've never had my Glock fully disassembled, but that's what I thought air compressors were for.

    I think it'd be fun from the educational side of things to break it down that far, but I can get it spicky-span clean just as easy without tearing it down all the way. A little cleaning fluid, a brush and an air compressor usually gets rid of anything that will matter.

    Zhur
    Zhur, in WY doesn't that mean opening up a window and sticking your gun out to let the air blow it clean. J/K

    Been on the western side of WY so many times I can't count them and high winds never seem to be a problem.

    Buck32

  4. #4
    SaltyDog's Avatar
    SaltyDog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    691
    I have a G23 and every other time cleaning I hose down the inaccessible places with Birchwood Casey Synthetic Safe Gun Scrubber.

    It is alchohol based and does not leave a residue and will not harm the plastic parts. I take the pistol to the garage and spray it out over a trash can because it really stinks up the house.

    There are 2 versions of the Gun Scrubber so make sure it is the Synthetic Safe one you use on the Glock other wise you may have some problems.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    469
    I detail clean after 5K+ rounds.

  6. #6
    hideit's Avatar
    hideit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west chester ohio
    Posts
    1,498
    many many people dont go beyond the basic slide off cleaning
    it doesn't need it

  7. #7
    USAFgsm is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    134
    You're supposed to clean glocks?





  8. #8
    zhurdan's Avatar
    zhurdan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by buck32 View Post
    Zhur, in WY doesn't that mean opening up a window and sticking your gun out to let the air blow it clean. J/K

    Been on the western side of WY so many times I can't count them and high winds never seem to be a problem.

    Buck32
    No kidding!! My dad used to say there was no need for "air conditioning" in cars... they all had 2x60 AC anyways... 2 windows down at 60 mph... good enough for us kids back in the day. Next time you are headed to the SW corner... send me a PM... we'll go shooting.

    Zhur

  9. #9
    Ram Rod's Avatar
    Ram Rod is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington county, arkansas
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by hideit View Post
    many many people dont go beyond the basic slide off cleaning
    it doesn't need it
    I agree. Only times I ever break down my Glocks beyond the basic maintenance is when I'm swapping out parts or triggers.

  10. #10
    ProjectCamaro's Avatar
    ProjectCamaro is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    51
    I do a field strip and clean after every shooting and a full detail clean every six months.

  11. #11
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,303
    Full detail-strip cleaning is done:

    - when trigger action gets sticky/gritty
    - when firing pin will no longer move freely when action is dry-fired, trigger is held to the rear, and weapon is shaken front-to-back
    - when weapon is detail-stripped for parts repair/replacement
    - every 2000 rounds
    - every two years or so (usually happens long before this, based on the other criteria)

  12. #12
    buck32's Avatar
    buck32 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by zhurdan View Post
    No kidding!! My dad used to say there was no need for "air conditioning" in cars... they all had 2x60 AC anyways... 2 windows down at 60 mph... good enough for us kids back in the day. Next time you are headed to the SW corner... send me a PM... we'll go shooting.

    Zhur
    Dang, I just got back from SLC P/U my new RRA.

  13. #13
    mike#9's Avatar
    mike#9 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Apopka, FL
    Posts
    165
    Wasn't sure.....I have seen a couple of guys say that they don't clean their Glocks at all but every couple thousand rounds.

    Who carries the Synthetic Safe Gun Scrubber. I get the regular Gun Scrubber at Wal-Mart.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Cleaned every time i come home from the range...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

disassemble glock 23 slide

,
glock 23 disassembly clean
,

how often do i need to clean my glock

,

how often do you need to clean a glock

,

how often should i clean my glock

,
how often to fully disassemble a glock and clean?
,

how to break down a glock 23

,

how to completely disassemble a glock 23

,

how to disassemble glock 23

,
should you fully breakdown a glock to clean it
,

what do i need to clean my glock

,
when to do a complete disassembly cleaning of glock
Click on a term to search for related topics.