Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    TMUSCLE1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    41

    G23C and/or "C" models

    Hello, I'm another new guy here so I thought I would say hello first.

    I am in the market for a Glock, and I have my heart set on a G23C.(For reference I have shot before and done my homework/research) Glock's website clearly defines the difference in their C models and the rest of their line of pistols. I was wondering if any of you have also shot the G23C or any of the other C models and compared to the other glocks. Since I'm newer to the gun owner scene I would like to know how more experienced people felt about the difference in the real world.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    Ptarmigan is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    723
    In my opinion there is less felt recoil with the C models but I normally do not recommend them for defensive use. If you fire it too close to your body, you could burn yourself. I have seen them fired at night and I do not feel that the flash has an affect on night vision or anything like that, my main concern is the danger of burns.

    If you plan to use the gun for nothing other than range shooting, the C model would be fine. If you plan to carry it, however, I suggest the "regular" model.

  4. #3
    Ram Rod's Avatar
    Ram Rod is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington county, arkansas
    Posts
    1,026
    I'll go along with that. The 'C' stands for competition. Just kidding in a way. I don't see any benefits for the compensated models for concealed carry either.

  5. #4
    tekhead1219's Avatar
    tekhead1219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptarmigan View Post
    In my opinion there is less felt recoil with the C models but I normally do not recommend them for defensive use. If you fire it too close to your body, you could burn yourself. I have seen them fired at night and I do not feel that the flash has an affect on night vision or anything like that, my main concern is the danger of burns.

    If you plan to use the gun for nothing other than range shooting, the C model would be fine. If you plan to carry it, however, I suggest the "regular" model.
    What he said...I use a G19C for the speed portion of my range shoots simply because of being able to stay on target easier. Would not use it for carry though. Got my XD45C for that.

  6. #5
    TMUSCLE1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    41
    Thanks for the replies. That made my decision, this gun is going to be both a range gun and a home defense gun. I have to plans to carry concealed at this time. Just in case though...I'm buying a compact if I was to ever change my mind.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    469
    You tube is your friend:

    G23c

    ,,,you can see the nice "blast".

  8. #7
    Ram Rod's Avatar
    Ram Rod is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington county, arkansas
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockamaniaŽ View Post
    You tube is your friend:

    G23c

    ,,,you can see the nice "blast".

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    jackson tn
    Posts
    273
    i carry my G19c everyday on my hip not only for work but for my ccw, the 9mm really does not need to be in the C lineup personally. the only thing i noticed between it and my dads regular G19 is the noise, the 19C is much louder!!!!

  10. #9
    Big_Jim's Avatar
    Big_Jim is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clio, MI
    Posts
    34
    The "C" stands for Compensated, not competition. Buy the G23C if you like, you can buy a normal G23 barrel later if you want.
    My wife has the G19C because she thought the recoil reduction would be a good thing to have but, right away we bought a regular barrel to shoot IDPA and have never used the "C" barrel. There is no real reason to buy the compensated version, the recoil of a normal G23 is not that bad.

  11. #10
    TMUSCLE1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    The "C" stands for Compensated, not competition. Buy the G23C if you like, you can buy a normal G23 barrel later if you want.
    My wife has the G19C because she thought the recoil reduction would be a good thing to have but, right away we bought a regular barrel to shoot IDPA and have never used the "C" barrel. There is no real reason to buy the compensated version, the recoil of a normal G23 is not that bad.
    That's what I was looking for. I doubt that I buy the "C" version now. Especially after watching the youtube video. That blast seems like it might a distraction if God forbid you had to fire at night.

    Thanks for the input guys. I pretty positive that I will go with the normal G23.

  12. #11
    Spartan's Avatar
    Spartan is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    635
    My Glock 31C makes the 357sig feel like a 9mm. I rarely shoot it, though, because it's so expensive.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

difference between g23 and g23c
,
g 23c
,
g23 vs g23c
,

g23c

,
g23c review
,
g23c reviews
,
glock 23c
,
glock 23c compensated review
,
glock 23c review
,
glock g23c
,
glock g23c review
,
glock g23c vs g23
Click on a term to search for related topics.