Transporting a Pistol???
I'm going to NY in a few weeks to visit my family. All of my uncles, cousins, etc. have handgun permits in NY. (NY is a pistol-permit-required state.) I'd love to bring along my favorite toy for everyone to play with, but I' not sure I can transport it into NY without a permit of my own...
1) What are the latest airline regs? Pistol locked in box w/out ammo? Declared to TSA? Declared to airline?
2) Can a NY State handgun permit holder "take my pistol in" for the weekend without declaring it on their permit? Can I get it even past TSA in NY w/out holding a NYS permit?
3) What would you do?
Thanks for any help!
I'd check local laws and regulations of the airline and NY. No sence getting yourself a felony and losing your carry privleges.
leave it home.
NY isn't a fun place.
Your gun certainly won't be legal in NY.
UPSTATE (Adirondack Park area) NY....
But I think you're right... I'll just shoot one of theirs...
Too bad you can't just ship it via private carrier. Legally, of course.
If you fly:
You can fly with a weapon in your CHECKED luggage. Here's the drill:
- Break your gun down so it looks like gun parts, not a gun (remove the slide, cylinder, etc.)
- Put your ammo and mag or mags unloaded in a separate piece of CHECKED luggage. Now you are checking gun parts, not a gun, and ammo in separate bags.
- INFORM THE SKYCAP OF YOUR WEAPON & AMMO. Tell them it is broken down and cannot be fired. (Don't forget your usual decent tip)
- A better way yet is to buy ammo after you get to your destination. If you go this route you can also put pieces of your gun in seperate bags and look even "innocenter"
Search tags for this page
adirondack parks carrying pistol
can parts of a gun be transported in ny?
carry pistol in adirondacks
transporting a firearm from florida to ny in airplane
Click on a term to search for related topics.
» Springfield Armory
» HGF Sponsors