Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: EAA Witness

  1. #1
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,224

    EAA Witness

    Picked this up yesterday. Posting it here due to no EAA Thread.

    When I purchased this gun off of Buds site I was going by this picture thinking I was getting this bright Stainless.



    Instead I got what the EEA calls their WONDER FINISH. Ruger calls it Low-Glare Stainless. At first I thought Buds made a mistake. I did not know that it was stated in the ad for the pistol and I canít begin to tell you how much I love this finish. I was so excite when I took it out of the box.




    This has to be the most accurate gun I ever had coming out of the boxes. Its weight is 33oz without the 18 round magazine. It was a little heavy at first until I saw myself hitting center from 30 ft away. I could not believe how accurate I was with this gun and my son was much better. Most of you know it takes me awhile to get good with a gun.

    It is one of the easier guns I have to field strip. I can not understand why they are so low priced. The only problem I have is when I empty it the slide doesnít stay open but it does for my son. Iíve had this happen with other new guns and most of the time itís the magazine or it just needs break in. I can find anywhere a 18 round mag for it. I have found the 16 round for the Witness and hope it works with mine.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    Thor's Avatar
    Thor is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas !! :D
    Posts
    447
    My Witness 10MM goes into slide lock when the magazine is empty. You may want to check your mags?? I have to say, for as cheap as they are, they seem to be pretty decent. I have noticed that my slide is wearing (little pieces missing out of it) where it locks. It is a heavier handgun, but that does help to absorb some of the recoil in the 10MM.

  4. #3
    SAS MAYHEM's Avatar
    SAS MAYHEM is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mount NC
    Posts
    151
    WOW this is a small world, I just got a PM about this very gun and read about it here http://www.handgunreview.com/make.asp?make=EAA And yse it is a very beautiful color.

    Cheers
    Ron
    Last edited by SAS MAYHEM; 06-03-2007 at 04:35 PM.

  5. #4
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    My friend has the 10mm full size also in Wonder Finish. It's a great gun! Shoots everytime, cheap to buy, 14 rds. in the mag., and we are wondering when the Wonder Finish will ever wear! It looks as good as new and he has had it over a year. Pretty good investment.

  6. #5
    Thor's Avatar
    Thor is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas !! :D
    Posts
    447
    The magazines I got with my Witness would only hold 10 rounds. (I bought it circa 2000) A friend of mine and I were "tinkering" one day, made some modifications to the carrier and they now hold 14.

  7. #6
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    The magazines I got with my Witness would only hold 10 rounds. (I bought it circa 2000) A friend of mine and I were "tinkering" one day, made some modifications to the carrier and they now hold 14.
    I think you got the California spec. If it is a full size, the 16 rd mag will work. A good place for mags http://www.cdnninvestments.com/higcapfacor.html

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    170
    I have zero experience with the gun, but, from my humble observation, if the slide-lock problem happens only to you and NOT to your son, maybe you're resting your thumb on the slide release lever??

    (If that's already been mentioned or ruled out, my apologies...I've had a few brews tonight and didn't see it! Hehe!)

  9. #8
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAirDriver View Post
    I have zero experience with the gun, but, from my humble observation, if the slide-lock problem happens only to you and NOT to your son, maybe you're resting your thumb on the slide release lever??

    (If that's already been mentioned or ruled out, my apologies...I've had a few brews tonight and didn't see it! Hehe!)
    I was just talking to my son and he said the same thing, I bet your right on this one. Next time I go to the range I'll take note of it.

  10. #9
    Dreadnought's Avatar
    Dreadnought is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    121
    Dang, that does look nicer than in the stock photos online. I've been considering the witness 10 mm as my next handgun purchase. I did not know, however, that EAA was located just twenty short miles up I-95 in Rockledge. Not too far from Kel-Tec.

  11. #10
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Dang, that does look nicer than in the stock photos online. I've been considering the witness 10 mm as my next handgun purchase. I did not know, however, that EAA was located just twenty short miles up I-95 in Rockledge. Not too far from Kel-Tec.
    With the 10mm I would suggest going with all steel. They do make the gun in polymer and I love my polymer guns but I'm glad I went all steel with the witness. The item number on the 10mm is EA10WONDER 2005

    If you don't like it I'll buy it from you all you have to do is find Planet Zeon.

  12. #11
    scorpiusdeus's Avatar
    scorpiusdeus is offline Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    187
    Darn you guys. I've gone years without giving these Tanfoglios a second glance, and in the last two days people are posting all over various forums about them. I might have to put one on my short list just to say I own a 10mm.

  13. #12
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedoggy View Post
    I think you got the California spec. If it is a full size, the 16 rd mag will work. A good place for mags http://www.cdnninvestments.com/higcapfacor.html

    Glad to hear there is a 16 rd. mag. Original mags from Tanfoglio(sp?) are 14 rd. in 10 mm. My friend will be happy to know there is now a 16 rd. Are they original equip. or after market manufacture?
    Last edited by Charlie; 06-06-2007 at 02:16 PM.

  14. #13
    doncameron's Avatar
    doncameron is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35
    I've got a .45 acp witness and love it.

  15. #14
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Glad to hear there is a 16 rd. mag. Original mags from Tanfoglio(sp?) are 14 rd. in 10 mm. My friend will be happy to know there is now a 16 rd. Are they original equip. or after market manufacture?
    They should state if they are factory or not

  16. #15
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedoggy View Post
    They should state if they are factory or not
    When I went to the CDNN website link it said they were 15 rd. (for 10mm) but it did state they were factory..............sooooo who knows

  17. #16
    SAS MAYHEM's Avatar
    SAS MAYHEM is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mount NC
    Posts
    151
    I just ordered my Full size Witness .45 Wonderfinish today. I can't wait.

  18. #17
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS MAYHEM View Post
    I just ordered my Full size Witness .45 Wonderfinish today. I can't wait.
    Great news can't wait to see what you think of it. My next one will be the 45 also but I might go with the polymer, I'm hoping to run across this guy who shoots one at my range to try it first but I think I'll be better off with all steel.. Did you go with the all steel?

  19. #18
    SAS MAYHEM's Avatar
    SAS MAYHEM is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mount NC
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedoggy View Post
    Great news can't wait to see what you think of it. My next one will be the 45 also but I might go with the polymer, I'm hoping to run across this guy who shoots one at my range to try it first but I think I'll be better off with all steel.. Did you go with the all steel?
    Yes I sure did. Also are you going to use it as a CCW to? Or do you think it's to big?

    Cheers
    Last edited by SAS MAYHEM; 06-09-2007 at 07:20 AM.

  20. #19
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS MAYHEM View Post
    Yes I sure did. Also are you going to use it as a CCW to? Or do you think it's to big?

    Cheers
    Way to big and heavy for that. I live in Texas and it's hot. It's one of my favorite range guns now and now that I have one I'm finding more people with them. Met a guy today shooting a witness 45 that was 14 years old and he uses it for his ccw.

  21. #20
    doncameron's Avatar
    doncameron is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35
    To big and heavy in the summer, to hot to wear a coat.
    S&W J frame or VZOR-70 in the summer.
    sometimes a Llama .380.
    Winter time, WITNESS! .45 all steel with wonder finish.
    going to get another barrel and mag to change to .40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

eaa ea10wonder
,

eaa witness 45 all steel 14 rd

,
eaa witness 9mm battery fail
,
eaa witness 9mm slide does not stay open on last round
,
eaa witness semi auto handgun
,
eaa witness worn out
,
field strip witness 10 mm auto
,
field stripping a polymer witness
,
slide wear on a handgun
,

tanfoglio witness 45 acp conversion kit

,
who makes eaa witness magazines
,
witness rocklede 10mm price
Click on a term to search for related topics.