View Poll Results: Which one would you pick?

Voters
479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock Compact (i.e. 19, 23, 32, 38)

    83 17.33%
  • HK P2000

    49 10.23%
  • Springfield Armory XD Service

    104 21.71%
  • Sigarms Compact (228 or 229)

    109 22.76%
  • S&W M&P

    67 13.99%
  • Walther P99

    67 13.99%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 110
  1. #1
    mw1311's Avatar
    mw1311 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    215

    Which one would you take?

    Howdy guys, let's pretend a friend or somebody else would have the guns in the poll out on a table and you could pick anyone you want for free because you need a gun and don't have any others - NOT to sell it.
    All guns would come with Nightsights, carry gear. ammo and 10 magazines.
    Which one would you pick and why? I'm not going into caliber, just weapon type.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    rachilders's Avatar
    rachilders is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    98
    SIG's. I like the design, the feel and they go bang every time you pull the trigger.

  4. #3
    -gunut-'s Avatar
    -gunut- is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    SIG's. I like the design, the feel and they go bang every time you pull the trigger.
    Same reason I say P2000

  5. #4
    Snowman's Avatar
    Snowman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    369
    Walther P99. Never held a gun that fit my hand so well. Walthers also go bang.

  6. #5
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,724
    You're new to the site, otherwise, you'd know what I'd pick. Someone else could have entered the vote for me, because there is no doubt in anyone's head what I voted for


    P99 A/S


    Best gun ever. I shoot it better than a 1911. Most ergonomic gun I've ever held. And, a quick view of our Walther section here will show U that I am slowly brainwashing people into buying P99s, and they love them

  7. #6
    Mdnitedrftr's Avatar
    Mdnitedrftr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    494
    Another for the P99

  8. #7
    jwkimber45's Avatar
    jwkimber45 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,818
    Of the weapons listed I voted glock. If the HK would have been USP series that would have been my vote. I'm not a fan of the P2000s.

  9. #8
    mw1311's Avatar
    mw1311 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
    You're new to the site, otherwise, you'd know what I'd pick. Someone else could have entered the vote for me, because there is no doubt in anyone's head what I voted for


    P99 A/S


    Best gun ever. I shoot it better than a 1911. Most ergonomic gun I've ever held. And, a quick view of our Walther section here will show U that I am slowly brainwashing people into buying P99s, and they love them
    I already knew that about you, i've also seen all the nice pics. That's how i found this Forum

  10. #9
    jenglish's Avatar
    jenglish is offline Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    307
    Walther P99 all the way!

  11. #10
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    I'd pick the Sig or the Walther since I have an XD already.

  12. #11
    Revolver's Avatar
    Revolver is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    897
    I'd buy American first. I've heard nothing but good things about the new "Military & Police". Other than that the P99 is a great shooter.

  13. #12
    2400's Avatar
    2400 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,744
    Glock

  14. #13
    stupidman's Avatar
    stupidman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas dadburnit
    Posts
    50
    I love them all except glocks. But I went with the p2000 sense that is what I have on me right now and cuz I automaticly love anything HK. I was tempted to pick the M&P. I love them also but if its for concealment I think the p2000 is better.
    Last edited by stupidman; 02-09-2007 at 12:02 AM.

  15. #14
    A_J's Avatar
    A_J
    A_J is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    238
    P99 - fit and function are just right for me..

  16. #15
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    Some of those are far too obvious for some of our members. LOL! Guess what I picked! LOL!

  17. #16
    Clyde's Avatar
    Clyde is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    169
    I am assuming the new owner has limited handgun experience. Being Only Handgun - The Sig would be my first choice for someone else. If I were picking for myself. From the List Glock.

  18. #17
    -gunut-'s Avatar
    -gunut- is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473
    Damn! The P99 owners are coming out of the woodwork!

  19. #18
    dood's Avatar
    dood is offline Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    79
    P99. Shot it recently, and it's a fantastic firearm.

  20. #19
    James NM's Avatar
    James NM is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,091
    Gots ta go with the P99.

    Truly a great gun.

  21. #20
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,724
    MW, U should just close the poll now and head on down to the store to buy a P99 A/S

  22. #21
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Glock guy here.

  23. #22
    Sean's Avatar
    Sean is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona
    Posts
    31
    You mean a Glock like this:




  24. #23
    Maximo's Avatar
    Maximo is offline Supporting Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    Posts
    891
    I am the odd ball here. I have to go with the M&P due to its fit, feel, accuracy, reliability and warranty.

  25. #24
    mw1311's Avatar
    mw1311 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    MW, U should just close the poll now and head on down to the store to buy a P99 A/S

    Well....right now it's between a P99AS and a HK P2000LEM.
    I'm leaning more towards the HK because of the polygonal barrel and a better market for concealed carry holsters.
    I had a P99AS 9mm (old style) in the past...i really liked it a lot but i sold it because i'm not a 9mm fan.
    I also owned a HK P2000SK .40 S&W with the LEM Trigger and liked it at least as much as the P99 but had to sell it due to some financial problems.
    Tax refund $$$ is coming shortly and I will buy 1 gun...I'm just having a hard time deciding between these to Models. It will be my CCW so being able to get a good Holster is a must. Milt Sparks told me that he doesn't think they make one for the new P99 but that i should call the shop to make sure.

  26. #25
    jenglish's Avatar
    jenglish is offline Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by mw1311 View Post
    Well....right now it's between a P99AS and a HK P2000LEM.
    I'm leaning more towards the HK because of the polygonal barrel and a better market for concealed carry holsters.
    I had a P99AS 9mm (old style) in the past...i really liked it a lot but i sold it because i'm not a 9mm fan.
    I also owned a HK P2000SK .40 S&W with the LEM Trigger and liked it at least as much as the P99 but had to sell it due to some financial problems.
    Tax refund $$$ is coming shortly and I will buy 1 gun...I'm just having a hard time deciding between these to Models. It will be my CCW so being able to get a good Holster is a must. Milt Sparks told me that he doesn't think they make one for the new P99 but that i should call the shop to make sure.
    I do not know about Milt Sparks holsters, but all of my holsters (leather and synthetic) work with both the classic and new P99 design. I use a new design P99 at work and my personal classic design P99 when I am off. At the end of the day, I unholster the new design and then holster the classic using the same holster.

    If you are looking for a holster that is specificly designed for the new design, you may be hard pressed. To the best of my knowledge, the muzzles are not different enough demension wise to warrent a full redesigned holster for the new design.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

xd service recoil assembly

Click on a term to search for related topics.