The Gun Gods Are Teasing Me...

    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. #1
      Member Spartan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      635

      The Gun Gods Are Teasing Me...

      Being, literally, a few days away from ordering a G31 I check CDNN's newest catalog and I see they're selling Steyr M40A1's for $350. I've always wanted an M40A1 and with the company going under, who knows how long they'll be available. I've always thought they were the 'ugly duckling'/ beauty is in the eye of the beholder type of piece (which I think they're cool looking), they are extremely comfortable in my hand, and I really like the their sights.

      Argh, what to do!?

    2. #2
      Senior Member Charlie's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Kerr County Texas
      Posts
      2,839
      You know there's only ONE thing to do......................gettum' BOTH!

    3. #3
      Senior Member Baldy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Port St.John,FL.
      Posts
      6,740
      Well by all means get the M40A1. The Glock will always be there. Always feed the want not the need. You'll enjoy your guns more that way.

    4. #4
      Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash scooter's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      2,031
      Take the money from your gun budget and throw it in the air......what the gun gods want they can keep and you spend the rest on what ya want

    5. #5
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,477
      Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
      You know there's only ONE thing to do......................gettum' BOTH!
      Yes, I see no other possible options either...

    6. #6
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      US
      Posts
      2,850
      As an owner of a G23 I can say that the Glock is no beauty queen either. But as said here, the Glock will be around for a while.

    7. #7
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Posts
      259
      Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
      Being, literally, a few days away from ordering a G31 I check CDNN's newest catalog and I see they're selling Steyr M40A1's for $350. I've always wanted an M40A1 and with the company going under, who knows how long they'll be available. I've always thought they were the 'ugly duckling'/ beauty is in the eye of the beholder type of piece (which I think they're cool looking), they are extremely comfortable in my hand, and I really like the their sights.

      Argh, what to do!?
      i checked out cdnn's website and always checked to see if they have firearms available for purchase but never saw any listing...
      do u have the correct website for cdnn..? thanks

    8. #8
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,477
      U have to download their new catalog. That's where all the guns are listed. It comes out typically every quarter. Sometimes a bit more often...

    9. #9
      Member Spartan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      635
      Quote Originally Posted by jason0007 View Post
      i checked out cdnn's website and always checked to see if they have firearms available for purchase but never saw any listing...
      do u have the correct website for cdnn..? thanks
      This ought to do it:
      http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

    10. #10
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
      Well by all means get the M40A1. The Glock will always be there. Always feed the want not the need. You'll enjoy your guns more that way.
      I totally agree!

    11. #11
      Member Vom Kriege's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      336
      What will the parts availability be on the Steyr?

      You know Glock will be around for customer support, and accessories will always abound for them.

    12. #12
      Member Spartan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      635

      Thumbs up

      Well guys (and gals), I made my decision and placed the order late Tuesday. Got a call today that she had arrived, so I went to get her.





      Thing is, after debating with myself, I went for the Glock (obviously). I wanted it more and am more confident in its long term performance/ support (mainly the support part). I also got a chance to shoot a G31 (though not the comp model like I got), so I knew I liked it. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and if in a month or so CDNN still has some Steyrs, I will probably get one; if they don't, wasn't meant to be.

      Anyway, enough philosophy/ psychology crap. Can't wait to shoot her!

      Thanks to all who replied to this thread as well as my Best pistol in a 357 sig thread. I appreciate your help!

      I think I am going to call her "The Black Dragon" because of her fire breathing nostrils.

      :cheers:

    13. #13
      GM HGF Gold Member
      Wandering Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Coastal Bend, TX
      Posts
      2,121
      Congratulations!




      (Psst ... Anyone wanna bet how long before he starts looking for his next gun?)

      WM
      Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

    14. #14
      Member Spartan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      635
      Put me down for $20 on by this time tomorrow

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •