Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    jason0007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    259

    what would u do?

    you have a concealed weapon...

    2 thugs turned on you and ask for your wallet..

    a. you give your wallet....

    or

    b. do you take your gun out


    in above case, you can't tell if they have a weapon or not..
    but he's saying he has a shotgun under his coat
    and aimed at your belly...

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,741
    Get it on and shoot. I figure if hes got the shotgun I am a dead man anyway and if he don't I am in fear for my life.

  4. #3
    jason0007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    259
    the reason i asked is..that's what happened to me when i was living in philadelphia..
    2 guys walked in front of me as i was getting out of my car and heading to my apt..it was nighttime..they turned around and said "don't make me shoot you"..didn't hear them that well at first until i looked down and they seemed to have something under a coat....with a long barrel sticking out..
    instinctintively i took out my wallet and they took it and ran off..
    everything happened very fast..no time to think or be scared....

    anyway...i didn't have any ccw or gun a the time but was just curious
    ..even if i did ..i don't know if i would choose to use it.....
    are there times when it's better to just hand them the wallet rather than shoot the bastards, kill them and be charged or hounded by lawyers for the rest of your life??

  5. #4
    fattsgalore's Avatar
    fattsgalore is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    86
    I'd give up the loot, then ask it they wanted my shoe's. If it went sour from there, i know what I'd have to do.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by jason0007 View Post
    a. you give your wallet....
    I do have a handgun, but I'm not trained in handgun self-defense.

    I'd take the training, take more training and if the situation arises; I'd be better prepared to blast the thugs.

  7. #6
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    Get it on and shoot. I figure if hes got the shotgun I am a dead man anyway and if he don't I am in fear for my life.
    Gonna agree with Baldy. These days the BG's are more apt to still kill you so they don't leave a witness. Nobody values life any more.

  8. #7
    -gunut-'s Avatar
    -gunut- is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473
    That is a shitty situation. Kind of thing you would have to play by ear.

  9. #8
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    I'd say you did good. Maybe by giving it to the BG with the gun and dropping it (diversion) you may have time to draw but over all it would be a very risky situation. If I didn't know for sure but it looked like they had a shotgun pointed at me I'd give 'em my wallet. I'm not that fast of a draw to beat a trigger finger.

  10. #9
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    Start coughing and when you go to cover your mouth (remember to be polite) and bend a little, pull your gun and blow the scumbags away! Don't let 'em live another day to rob (or hurt, kill, rape, etc.) another day. Anybody that will rob you will do anything they feel like. Just my $.02. My basic redneck theory is you are either on one side of the line or the other. Those scumbags on the other side of the line need to be locked up or eliminated.
    Last edited by Charlie; 02-04-2007 at 01:12 PM.

  11. #10
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Start coughing and when you go to cover your mouth (remember to be polite) and bend a little, pull your gun and blow the scumbags away! Don't let 'em live another day to rob (or hurt, kill, rape, etc.) another day. Anybody that will rob you will do anything they feel like. Just my $.02. My basic redneck theory is you are either on one side of the line or the other. Those scumbags on the other side of the line need to be locked up or eliminated.
    Come on Charlie! Don't hold back man. I know you want to say something. Just say it. It'll make you feel better.

  12. #11
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,728
    Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    Come on Charlie! Don't hold back man. I know you want to say something. Just say it. It'll make you feel better.

  13. #12
    jwkimber45's Avatar
    jwkimber45 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Start coughing and when you go to cover your mouth (remember to be polite) and bend a little, pull your gun and blow the scumbags away! Don't let 'em live another day to rob (or hurt, kill, rape, etc.) another day. Anybody that will rob you will do anything they feel like. Just my $.02. My basic redneck theory is you are either on one side of the line or the other. Those scumbags on the other side of the line need to be locked up or eliminated.


    I like it!!!!!

  14. #13
    bangbang is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    205
    I have seen some thigns that security experts recommend.

    First, they say to keep your cash in a money clip seperate from your wallet. In a situation like that, take out the money in the clip, make sure they see it, and then throw it hard in the opposite direction that you plan on running.

    Then you take off running in the opposite direction...FAST. Bob and weave if you think it helps, but the odds are on your side if you are a moving target. Most moving targets do not get hit often (always an exception).

    Your average thug will go after the money, and leave you alone.

    Of course, if they chase you, shoot them!

  15. #14
    jwkimber45's Avatar
    jwkimber45 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,818
    I gotta say, If someone is threatening my life with a gun, a shotgun at that, The last thing I'm going to do is turn my back on them!!!!!

    In the above mentioned case, with no more details then are given I'm likely to side step to the left (I'm right handed) while drawing my weapon, as soon as my gun is on target the trigger is getting pulled at least twice.......the perps reaction to two .45 slugs will determine what happens next.....

  16. #15
    milquetoast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    535
    What else? Curl up in a ball, whimper, and wait for death.



    "We continue to be exasperated by the view, apparently gaining momentum in certain circles, that armed robbery is OK as long as nobody gets hurt! The proper solution to armed robbery is a dead robber. It is the responsibility of the victim to turn the tables and demolish the robber. Street crime will cease only when the perpetrator becomes convinced that his operations will almost surely result in his death." Jeff Cooper, February 1992.

  17. #16
    scooter's Avatar
    scooter is offline Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,031
    My sister wants clarification, what would she do BEFORE or AFTER she pee'd her pants

  18. #17
    milquetoast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    535
    Frayser woman takes intruder's gun, kills him

    By Ruma Banerji Kumar
    Contact
    October 10, 2006

    A Frayser woman shot and killed an intruder who kicked in her apartment door and tried to rob her around midnight Sunday.

    Tameca Drummer, a resident at Carriage House apartments at 1115 Frayser Blvd., told police the man, along with two others, forced their way into her home demanding money.

    The people in her apartment, including her two children, were forced into the living room, while one of the intruders forced her into the bedroom looking for money, police spokesman Sgt. Vince Higgins said.

    When that man struck her on the head with his handgun, she wrestled the gun away from him and shot and killed him, according to a police incident report.

    Two other men involved in the attempted burglary fled in a teal green minivan. Police were still looking for them Monday.

    The Fire Department members who arrived on the scene pronounced the intruder dead.

  19. #18
    Spenser is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by jason0007 View Post
    the reason i asked is..that's what happened to me when i was living in philadelphia..
    2 guys walked in front of me as i was getting out of my car and heading to my apt..it was nighttime..they turned around and said "don't make me shoot you"..didn't hear them that well at first until i looked down and they seemed to have something under a coat....with a long barrel sticking out..
    instinctintively i took out my wallet and they took it and ran off..
    everything happened very fast..no time to think or be scared....

    anyway...i didn't have any ccw or gun a the time but was just curious
    ..even if i did ..i don't know if i would choose to use it.....
    are there times when it's better to just hand them the wallet rather than shoot the bastards, kill them and be charged or hounded by lawyers for the rest of your life??
    I think you did the right thing. Even a gunslinger on the level of Doc Holliday isn't going to beat a shotgun pointed at you. Not likely, anyway. I don't advocate being a victim by any means, but you did the appropriate thing in the circumstances that were presented. We can armchair quarterback this situation ad infinitum, but each case presents different facts. Bill Jordan, Ed McGivern, Jerry Mikulek, Todd Jarrett, those guys MIGHT beat the drop.

    I don't think any of us can possibly know until the situation arises. The best thing it seems is to prevent the situation arising at all, if possible. Failing that, you do what it takes to survive, I would think. Which is exactly what you did.

  20. #19
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    If I had seen the barrel, I would have pulled my gun. If not, wallet.

  21. #20
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Spenser View Post
    I think you did the right thing. Even a gunslinger on the level of Doc Holliday isn't going to beat a shotgun pointed at you. Not likely, anyway. I don't advocate being a victim by any means, but you did the appropriate thing in the circumstances that were presented. We can armchair quarterback this situation ad infinitum, but each case presents different facts. Bill Jordan, Ed McGivern, Jerry Mikulek, Todd Jarrett, those guys MIGHT beat the drop.

    I don't think any of us can possibly know until the situation arises. The best thing it seems is to prevent the situation arising at all, if possible. Failing that, you do what it takes to survive, I would think. Which is exactly what you did.
    Be aware of your surroundings is great advice. Sometimes easier than said but by making a habit of it will turn into a lifetime of it. After four years in the Air Force as a Security Policeman I still am doing things I was trained to do in 1979.

  22. #21
    10mm Sonny's Avatar
    10mm Sonny is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    117
    When I first moved to Las Vegas in `99, a co-worker suggested I get an extra cheap wallet ( and leave it empty) and keep it in my pocket. But keep my real wallet, with my money, CCs and license, in a non traditional place. I got a velcro ankle holder for it.
    Within the nine months I lived there, I had two of my fake wallets pick-pocketed.

  23. #22
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm Sonny View Post
    When I first moved to Las Vegas in `99, a co-worker suggested I get an extra cheap wallet ( and leave it empty) and keep it in my pocket. But keep my real wallet, with my money, CCs and license, in a non traditional place. I got a velcro ankle holder for it.
    Within the nine months I lived there, I had two of my fake wallets pick-pocketed.
    That's actually a decent idea. I usually don't keep my wallet in my purse. I had a bag stolen when I was in high school, I had no checks or CCs and only about $10 in cash in it. But things are different now, so I keep the wallet out of my purse.

    I keep my gun out of my purse, too.

  24. #23
    jason0007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    259
    that sounds like a good idea...
    at least keep some cheap cash in the fake wallet..

  25. #24
    jason0007 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm Sonny View Post
    When I first moved to Las Vegas in `99, a co-worker suggested I get an extra cheap wallet ( and leave it empty) and keep it in my pocket. But keep my real wallet, with my money, CCs and license, in a non traditional place. I got a velcro ankle holder for it.
    Within the nine months I lived there, I had two of my fake wallets pick-pocketed.
    r u still in las vegas?????

    just moved here myself..

  26. #25
    dood's Avatar
    dood is offline Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    79
    Talking with people here at the PD, they pretty much all agree that, in that case, you hand over the wallet. I spoke with 5 officers and our crime analyst here and they all said that the odds are in your favor that they're going to just take your wallet and leave, and in a 2-on-1 scenario like that, you'd have to be able to draw and take down both assailants because that second guy could just as easily be armed.

    Thankfully I've only had a gun pulled on me once, and that was a Federal Marshal who had been told I was harboring a fugitive in my hotel room. That was an interesting day...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •