Defensively used your gun??

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 27
    1. #1
      Junior Member BLS86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      15

      Defensively used your gun??

      I checked, maybe over looked it, but haven't found a thread so far of situations where anyone has ever had to actually use their guns for defensive purposes. I know personally I have loaded a gun as a precaution, but have yet to be put in the situation to defensively aim or fire one. Anyone ever been there?

    2. #2
      GM HGF Gold Member
      Wandering Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Coastal Bend, TX
      Posts
      2,121
      This is not a topic most folks like to discuss in an open forum. You may not get much of a response here.

      WM
      Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

    3. #3
      Member Vom Kriege's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      336
      I have never had to fire a shot, but I have had to break leather a few times. All but once was on the job though.

    4. #4
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,478
      ONly 1 member has, to my knowledge. Hal8000. he has a magazine article about it.

      Someone reposted the link to it in the past week. I think it was JS - if he sees this thread, he can give it to U - or U can PM about it. I think it was JS...

      Hal is active here, but he goes thru spells where he is busy. I don't think he's been on in the past month.

    5. #5
      Supporting Member jenglish's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      307
      There has been many times I have unholstered my pistol during the course of work and I have unholstered once while not at work. I have never had to pull the trigger, but I have smashed the butt of the magazine into someone face. That was quite effective.

    6. #6
      Member Glockamania®'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      469
      I just pray that it would not happen to that extent of shooting another human being...and having to pay for it later.

      But good thing there are artilcles like these to prepare you:
      http://crewscustom.com/mediatac.htm

    7. #7
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,478
      Quote Originally Posted by Glockamania® View Post
      I just pray that it would not happen to that extent of shooting another human being...and having to pay for it later.

      But good thing there are artilcles like these to prepare you:
      http://crewscustom.com/mediatac.htm
      Interesting article

    8. #8
      Senior Member SuckLead's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      2,353
      Twice outside of work. One time caught a guy just as he got my front door open at 3AM. Another time I was on my way home from work and a guy with large amounts of road rage tried to bust my car window and was swinging a bowie knife at it (yes, I was inside the car at the time, obviously). Never have fired a shot at anyone, which I am glad for.

    9. #9
      Junior Member Reaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Switzerland
      Posts
      24
      Well, I only hat to aim it at someone once, where I was not at work.

      I came home from a session at the indoor range, and it was quite late already (11:30PM). In the trainstation, there was a stupid enough idiot, who then came to me, took out his knife, and said, that I should now really give him my backpack, the guncase I was also carrying (he didn't know, that it actually was a guncase), and my wallet and Mobile Phone.

      Things went quite fast from that point. It took like 1/10th of a second, and he faced the muzzle of my Taurus PT92, which I had holstered after the shooting session.

      I then ordered him to drop that knife, and led him to the police station about 400 Meters away.

      I never saw that many ppl looking at me, like they never saw a gun.

      Long story, short end --> He went to prison for 5 years, as this wasn't the first crime he comitted.


      All the other times, I had to rely on a gun, was at work, and mostly with a precision rifle, at a larger distance. There are times, where I had to shoot to save lives, and trust me, it's really hard to do so, sometimes. But that's not what we need to talk about

      regards

      Reaper

    10. #10
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      US
      Posts
      2,850
      I assume you are a LEO.? It was good you were armed. Coulda saved your life. It also sounds like your a Sniper/Marksman on a S.W.A.T..? I did that in the Air Force but never had to pull that rigger on anyone.

      Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
      Well, I only hat to aim it at someone once, where I was not at work.

      I came home from a session at the indoor range, and it was quite late already (11:30PM). In the trainstation, there was a stupid enough idiot, who then came to me, took out his knife, and said, that I should now really give him my backpack, the guncase I was also carrying (he didn't know, that it actually was a guncase), and my wallet and Mobile Phone.

      Things went quite fast from that point. It took like 1/10th of a second, and he faced the muzzle of my Taurus PT92, which I had holstered after the shooting session.

      I then ordered him to drop that knife, and led him to the police station about 400 Meters away.

      I never saw that many ppl looking at me, like they never saw a gun.

      Long story, short end --> He went to prison for 5 years, as this wasn't the first crime he comitted.


      All the other times, I had to rely on a gun, was at work, and mostly with a precision rifle, at a larger distance. There are times, where I had to shoot to save lives, and trust me, it's really hard to do so, sometimes. But that's not what we need to talk about

      regards

      Reaper

    11. #11
      Junior Member Reaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Switzerland
      Posts
      24
      Yes, I am LEO, and there only as a Sniper.

      Switzerland is not as large as the US, and therefor, the crimes that are conducted, concentrate a little. I could even be called to go to the other end of the country, and as I could drive with sirens and all, I would take no more than 2 hours. But usually, this is done by helicopter.

      The shots I had to perform, were really last resort, and if a criminal is really out of control, and too dangerous, you have to stop him. (Not necessarily kill him tho)

      The part with pulling the triggeris quite easy. The hard thing is then to see, what happens where the bullet hits it's target, as you can't look away.

      I always hope, that they can negotiate to solve the incident, and that works most of the time.

      regards

      Reaper

    12. #12
      Member Spartan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      635
      Thankfully, no. And hopefully never have to.

    13. #13
      Member AirForceShooter's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Sarasota Fla / Huntersville N.C.
      Posts
      526
      as a civilian twice.

      AFS

    14. #14
      Kennedy124
      Guest
      I've used firearms in the military more times than I can conciously remember. As a civilian only a few.

      Your a changed man after your first, you feel spiritual and enlightened.
      After your second and third, you feel powerful, like a badass.
      But as the body count goes up, you slowly lose grip on your sanity.

    15. #15
      OJ
      OJ is offline
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      87

      Talking

      In 1934 when I was eight, I was threatened by these vicious rabbits and took care of the problem.




    16. #16
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,478
      Wow, OJ, I'll bet you were scared there

    17. #17
      OJ
      OJ is offline
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      87

      Talking

      Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
      Wow, OJ, I'll bet you were scared there
      Yep - you can easily see the cold fear in my eyes

      As well as my tightly clenched teeth being covered up by that forced smile to please my dad - the photographer.

      Last edited by OJ; 02-04-2007 at 11:24 AM.

    18. #18
      Member VegasEgo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      City of Buffets and Stripclubs
      Posts
      165
      I had to pull it once, I was driving home from a friends house one night it was probably 2:30 3:00am. I was on a main road. I was in the center lane of a 6 lane road (3 one way 3 the other way) and I heard some cars with there bass hitting really loud behind me. All of a sudden it stopped, and i looked in my review mirror and could see someone getting out of the car behind me. Thinking nothing was going to happen, a scond later the other car pulled in fron of me, and 3 guys got out, one approached my window with a bat, at this instant i pulled my XD out and put it right in his face he told everyone to back off, and they drove off, I got license plates, and a couple of descriptions of the BG, called the cops gave them a statement, they havnt been caught yet, but. Thats the closest I have ever came to self defense

    19. #19
      Member LoneWolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Topeka, Ks
      Posts
      166
      One weekend I had to come back home from College because my folks where out of town and my little brother had a dance that he didn't want to miss. Go figure I forget my safe keys back at the dorms but didn't think to much of it since I had my gf to keep me company. Well lucky my mom's handgun was still where I put it because as luck has it someone tried to break into the house. Talk about catching you with you jeans down. You would of thought that I was caught by the parents for as fast as I got dressed and had the gun out.
      Dumb peeping tom (at least thats what I belive he was) stayed around long enough for me to make a trip around the house. To find him at the back door trying to work the handle. One look down my barrel though and he was running like there was a track marthon taking place.
      Just glade I didn't have to pull the trigger. That would of been a world of hurt due to the fact that once I was back in the house I noted that the slide was jamed in place and the damn thing wouldn't have gone off if I would have needed it too. Oh and there would also be the fact that I wouldn't of wanted to explain to my parents why the cops had to come and visit.

    20. #20
      Member Snowman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      North Carolina
      Posts
      369
      Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
      One weekend I had to come back home from College because my folks where out of town and my little brother had a dance that he didn't want to miss. Go figure I forget my safe keys back at the dorms but didn't think to much of it since I had my gf to keep me company. Well lucky my mom's handgun was still where I put it because as luck has it someone tried to break into the house. Talk about catching you with you jeans down. You would of thought that I was caught by the parents for as fast as I got dressed and had the gun out.
      Dumb peeping tom (at least thats what I belive he was) stayed around long enough for me to make a trip around the house. To find him at the back door trying to work the handle. One look down my barrel though and he was running like there was a track marthon taking place.
      Just glade I didn't have to pull the trigger. That would of been a world of hurt due to the fact that once I was back in the house I noted that the slide was jamed in place and the damn thing wouldn't have gone off if I would have needed it too. Oh and there would also be the fact that I wouldn't of wanted to explain to my parents why the cops had to come and visit.
      Funny story

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •