I don't know what your budget is but I'll give you a short list of QUALITY handguns that I would rely my life on.
1. SIG 232. A little expensive compared to others but it is quality.
2. CZ 83. Another quality gun. Thicker grip due to higher capacity mag.
3. Beretta 84/85. Great guns! The 84 is thinner(8 rnds), 85 has a thicker grip(13 rnds).
4. Browning BDA. Another very good choice. Vertually a Beretta 85 made for Browning.
5. A Makarov. It comes in .380 or 9mm Mak. It too is a quality weapon. Just another one to consider.
I'm sure others will have more to select from but this is my list of ones I have owned and would consider quality handguns for CCW in the .380 range.
Edited to add: Mauser Hsc and Walther P-series. There are FEG's and Bersa's but I would stick with the better quality guns to defend your life!