Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56
  1. #1
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521

    Where do you like to CCW? Even on a date?

    Just a curious question that I was pondering last night...

    FIrst off, I live in CA and its pretty much impossible to CCW unless you decide to join the police force.

    Anyhow, What kind've holster do you you CCW types prefer? The shoulder strap, carrying next to the ribcage? A holster in the back?

    Im guessing the girls just simply keep theirs in the purse.

    Thanks again!

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    TAPnRACK's Avatar
    TAPnRACK is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    832

    Re: Where do you like to CCW? Even on a date?

    Leather pancake holster on my strong side hip.

  4. #3
    Ricky59's Avatar
    Ricky59 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    83
    Crossbreed holster in the pants ..

  5. #4
    cjs1945 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Durand, Michigan
    Posts
    36
    Carry 24/7 in a Mitch Rosen OWB leather holster. Better to not need it and have it, than need it and not have it. Recently i have been carrying a Ruger LCR-357 in coat pocket as a BUG, it seems to be working out rather well.

  6. #5
    berettabone is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,366
    Front pocket...Desantis

  7. #6
    padom is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14

    Re: Where do you like to CCW? Even on a date?

    3 o'clock crossbreed iwb

  8. #7
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751
    I absolutely carry on dates. Couples or people who look like couples are good targets for robbers. If a girl doesn't like my pistol I won't like her. I'm not becoming one of those guys who lets their woman dictate how many guns they can own!!! Not to mention there are always tons of girls out there, so I can afford to be picky. None of my current girls or dates have ever complained either way...

    One of my friends chose not to carry on a date with this sexy blonde girl. She took him back to her place after the date was done it was a hillbilly backcountry type area. When she invited him in her decrepit home, he saw a HUGE nazi flag and a wall full of guns in her living room. She lived with her boyfriend!!! He boyfriend was out working or maybe even sleeping if I remember him right. Needless to say, my buddy stayed for a quick drink and GTFO of there. Had her bf not been sleeping/working, i think he woulda needed some help. Lesson? Girls are shady and don't leave your gun at home!

  9. #8
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeleinen1 View Post
    I absolutely carry on dates. Couples or people who look like couples are good targets for robbers. If a girl doesn't like my pistol I won't like her. I'm not becoming one of those guys who lets their woman dictate how many guns they can own!!! Not to mention there are always tons of girls out there, so I can afford to be picky. None of my current girls or dates have ever complained either way...

    One of my friends chose not to carry on a date with this sexy blonde girl. She took him back to her place after the date was done it was a hillbilly backcountry type area. When she invited him in her decrepit home, he saw a HUGE nazi flag and a wall full of guns in her living room. She lived with her boyfriend!!! He boyfriend was out working or maybe even sleeping if I remember him right. Needless to say, my buddy stayed for a quick drink and GTFO of there. Had her bf not been sleeping/working, i think he woulda needed some help. Lesson? Girls are shady and don't leave your gun at home!
    Where does your buddy live? Great story!

  10. #9
    Broondog's Avatar
    Broondog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SE Missouri
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPnRACK View Post
    Leather pancake holster on my strong side hip.
    this ^^, or occasionally IWB.

    like jake said, if my date doesn't like it she can pound sand.

  11. #10
    pic's Avatar
    pic
    pic is offline Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate,N.Y.
    Posts
    1,337
    If I were on a date, I would pocket carry so the gun would stay secure when I pull off my pants to access my other big gun. Keep my money in the other pocket to pay for the date. Ok I lied. It's not that big

  12. #11
    SteamboatWillie is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    71
    Dating. Well, my wife is pretty firm in her opinion about me not dating, so that part is a non-issue.

    Now when she and I go out to dinner etc. I carry strong side OWB in a Comp-Tac paddle or Milt Sparks 55BN. I like to say that I carry about half the time; the half that I'm awake.

  13. #12
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatWillie View Post
    Dating. Well, my wife is pretty firm in her opinion about me not dating, so that part is a non-issue.

    Now when she and I go out to dinner etc. I carry strong side OWB in a Comp-Tac paddle or Milt Sparks 55BN. I like to say that I carry about half the time; the half that I'm awake.
    Have you ever had to brandish your arm while on the date? Or how about brandish the arm in general?

  14. #13
    swany66675's Avatar
    swany66675 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    65

    Re: Where do you like to CCW? Even on a date?

    24/7 crossbreed about 4:00 better to have it if ever needed.

  15. #14
    kerrycork is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    new london county, connecticut.
    Posts
    70
    We of the old school do not beleive in brandishing firearms. When the gun clears its shoot time not show time.

  16. #15
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    Where does your buddy live? Great story!
    Oregon is where it happened. Yea your question is fair though because when I first started carrying on dates, I knew that there could potentially be some awkward moments or a girl gets freaked out. But it hasn't happen to me yet. Only probably 1/100 people will be weird about it. But its crazy because I hear stories of peoples families finding out they CCW and going ballistic. I know my folks were weird about it, it took them awhile to get adjusted now they don't mind at all.

  17. #16
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeleinen1 View Post
    Oregon is where it happened. Yea your question is fair though because when I first started carrying on dates, I knew that there could potentially be some awkward moments or a girl gets freaked out. But it hasn't happen to me yet. Only probably 1/100 people will be weird about it. But its crazy because I hear stories of peoples families finding out they CCW and going ballistic. I know my folks were weird about it, it took them awhile to get adjusted now they don't mind at all.
    Why do you CCW? Cuz you can, or cuz you have potential threats out there? You have a few people out to get ya? Just curious....

  18. #17
    Philco is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    186
    If I'm on a date it's with my wife. And yes I do CC on 'dates'. I'd sure hate to take my lady out for the evening and end up getting mugged or worse because I'd chosen to go unarmed. She and I both have a concealed carry permit so we're usually both armed when we are out and about. I normally carry my Ruger P345 in a Don Hume IWB holster.

  19. #18
    TheLAGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Philco View Post
    If I'm on a date it's with my wife. And yes I do CC on 'dates'. I'd sure hate to take my lady out for the evening and end up getting mugged or worse because I'd chosen to go unarmed. She and I both have a concealed carry permit so we're usually both armed when we are out and about. I normally carry my Ruger P345 in a Don Hume IWB holster.
    What does she carry? Have you guys ever had to bust out the two guns simultaneously for bigger effect? That would be pretty insane and would make the person sh*t themselves. I think you would agree.

  20. #19
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,310

    Re: Where do you like to CCW? Even on a date?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGuy View Post
    What does she carry? Have you guys ever had to bust out the two guns simultaneously for bigger effect? That would be pretty insane and would make the person sh*t themselves. I think you would agree.
    :sly:

  21. #20
    Steve M1911A1's Avatar
    Steve M1911A1 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northwest Washington State
    Posts
    5,139
    I can't stand it any more! The following post is rated X.


    When I'm out on a date, I carry in a centrally-located Smartcarry.
    That way, when she passes her hand casually over my equipment, she will find that I am loaded and ready.



    (Censor me if you must. The Devil made me write that.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ccw dating

,

do you ccw when going on a date

,

what kind of holster do they make for ruger p345

,

xds ca legal

Click on a term to search for related topics.