Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Loctite is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Question "building" vs buying

    If a person wanted an unregistered weapon would you consider it better/easier/more economical to buy the weapon from an individual or buy the seperate pieces and BYOG (build your own gun)?

    OR, would that person be completely off track and need to head in another direction?

  2. #2
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is online now Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If a person to person sale is legal in your state without an FFL dealer performing a background check, that would be the best way to go about it. Contrary to popular belief, very few states have "registration" of handguns. But if by registration you mean that no 4473 is filled out, etc. a private sale is the way to go.

    Should you want to build your own, the receiver or frame of the firearm, unless sold in a legal person to person sale needs to be processed through a FFL holder.



  3. #3
    momtotwo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I agree with the legal person to person but I know that for me, I am going to get a bill of sale if I ever sold a handgun or long rifle to cover myself down the road. I don't want the ATF coming to me one day talking about this gun in my name blah blah blah...I want proof if I no longer own it so though you may purchase it from a private person, they may still ask you to sign a bill of sale so that they have evidence that they no longer own it.

Remove Ads


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0