Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    USS Constitution

    Bolt Face... on a fire arm that does not have a bolt?

    So here's the deal, someone I work with brought up the good point of how can the bolt face of a slide on any semi-auto firearm in truth be called a bolt face if it is not the face of a bolt?

    So what do we call the thing, a slide face? I know this sounds pretty dumb and the best of me wants to still call it a bolt face regardless, but I was curious if anyone has some knowledge on this.

  2. #2
    zhurdan's Avatar
    zhurdan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    The slide is "functioning" as the bolt in the case of a semi auto pistol. It's just semantics. It's often called the "Breach face", and correctly so.

  3. #3
    rex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Yes,breechface is the correct term.You hear boltface come up from people who shoot long guns.

Remove Ads


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

.373 bolt face
1911 pistols, slide face, bolt face

bolt face location

does a colt 1911 have a bolt face
firearm slide face
handgun bolt face
handgun bolt face definition
slide bolt face
slide face on a firearm
slide face vs bolt face
what is bolt face for a gun
where is the bolt face on a glock gun
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0