Newbie Post: M&P vs Glock 17/19
First of all I want to introduce myself to the forum "Hello Everyone". I'm new to shooting and this will be my first gun. I'm currently torn between the M&P 9mm and the Glock 17/19 9mm.
My primary purpose for the gun is to become proficient with a firearm before I enter the police academy. Here are some questions I needed answered.
1) Is it that much cheaper to shoot a 9mm as oppose to a 40cal? I here that it cost half the cost to shoot a 9mm as oppose to a 40cal. This is the main reason I'm leaning towards the 9mm.
2) Between the M&P and the Glock 17/19 which one will be more comfortable? The reason I ask this is I have big hands.
3) Which gun is more accurate?
4) Do both manufactures offer life time warranties? How is the customer service?
5) Is the M&P that far behind the 4th gen Glock in aftermarket parts?
6) Which gun holds it's value better?
7) Which gun will allow me to reach proficiency quicker?
8) Where can I get some good education literature on guns (Guns 101)? I want to know everything I need to know about guns ( I get lost when I hear people talk about the rack of the pistol, trigger tension etc....)
Thank You! I look forward to reading your feed back to my questions.