Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: .223 ---> .22

  1. #1
    SigSavior88's Avatar
    SigSavior88 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    29

    .223 ---> .22

    .223 ---> .22 conversion is possible I know, but is it possible to go the otherway around or would you need too many parts to even make it worth your time?

    On top of that What semie auto's do you all prefer?

    I just picked up a sig 552 .22lr and its a blast, I was trying to decide between the Sig and Colts AR-15 .22lr edition.

    any one got pics of their setups also? I always like to see how customizable the rifles are. Its like sex on my retinas.

    (heres my current setup (thread link))

    The duet

  2. #2
    dosborn's Avatar
    dosborn is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by SigSavior88 View Post
    .223 ---> .22 conversion is possible I know, but is it possible to go the otherway around or would you need too many parts to even make it worth your time?
    Not possible to go from 22 to 223. If you did find a way, I don't think the upper could handle it.

  3. #3
    SigSavior88's Avatar
    SigSavior88 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by dosborn View Post
    Not possible to go from 22 to 223. If you did find a way, I don't think the upper could handle it.
    So assuming I found away there would just be to much pressure on the innards of the gun? Ya last thing I'd want is for it to explode on my face heh.

  4. #4
    PhilR. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by SigSavior88 View Post
    So assuming I found away
    You aren't going to find a way. The parts look similar, but the makers of the tacticool .22's deliberately make the parts dissimilar in order to thwart people like you from cobbling a rifle together and then have dangerous things happen to themselves and others around them.

    If you like to customize, you should consider getting a real AR and add a .22 conversion. You can customize the livin' stuff out of them. You could also get a regular AR lower and add a .22lr upper from Spikes or Tactical Solutions.

    BTW - you didn't buy a Sig 552 in .22lr. since there is no such thing....

  5. #5
    SigSavior88's Avatar
    SigSavior88 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilR. View Post
    You aren't going to find a way. The parts look similar, but the makers of the tacticool .22's deliberately make the parts dissimilar in order to thwart people like you from cobbling a rifle together and then have dangerous things happen to themselves and others around them.

    If you like to customize, you should consider getting a real AR and add a .22 conversion. You can customize the livin' stuff out of them. You could also get a regular AR lower and add a .22lr upper from Spikes or Tactical Solutions.

    BTW - you didn't buy a Sig 552 in .22lr. since there is no such thing....
    Wow calm down, I didn't say I was going to it was a question. And As far as I know my Sig shoots .22 caliber bullets

    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...22-lr-sig-550/

    there's a link if you don't believe me.

  6. #6
    PhilR. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    982
    Do you not know the difference between a "5" and a "2"? Even the link you provided lists the .22 version as the 522, and not the 552. Go back to the link you put up an read very carefully.

    Reading is fundamental.....

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

223.22

,

223/.22

,

sig 552 to .223 conversion

Click on a term to search for related topics.