Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    BigDaveP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    53

    .22LR semiauto mag loaders?

    Hi folks,

    My wife has stopped shooting her Bersa FS .22 because the mags have small sharp buttons and the springs are strong... she breaks nails and gets sore fingers loading it..

    anyone know of a .22LR speed loader that works on a variety of flat stack mags? I also have a Ruger mark I with a flat mag holding 9 shots, and a Walther P22 with a slightly wide mag holding 10... it's a wobbly single stack not quite a double, which wouldn't work for rimfire anyway...

    We both have 9mm, hers is a Glock and mine a Bersa Thunder, and both love the thumb-operated speedloader... fast and easy... would like to find similar for .22LR mags..

    thanks!

    Big Dave in Dallas

    P22, Bersa FS 22, Ruger Mark I 22, Taurus 941 .22mag, Glock 26, Bersa Thunder 9, S&W 1951 Chief's Special .38

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    James NM's Avatar
    James NM is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveP View Post
    ...

    anyone know of a .22LR speed loader that works on a variety of flat stack mags?
    Yes. It's called a husband.

    Other than that, I know of no other loader that will do those different mags.

  4. #3
    BigDaveP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
    Yes. It's called a husband.

    Other than that, I know of no other loader that will do those different mags.
    the "Husband" model has already been through extensive testing and has not yet failed to load her magazines when she uses it. It is, though, very large and takes up lots of space, and often gets frustrated at not having time to do its own shooting..

  5. #4
    James NM's Avatar
    James NM is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveP View Post
    the "Husband" model has already been through extensive testing and has not yet failed to load her magazines when she uses it. It is, though, very large and takes up lots of space, and often gets frustrated at not having time to do its own shooting..
    Might I suggest investing in additional mags, so that the husband will have more time to shoot between reloads? Or maybe a .22 LR revolver as they are easier to reload. My personal favorite is a 10 shot S&W 617. I have a speed loader for it and it works great.

    Also, the Ultimate Cliploader works great for Ruger MKII, MKIII, and Buckmark pistols. Not sure about MKI. There are some videos of it on Youtube a search will pull up. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...ip%20loader&s=

    I would suggest one of the above solutions, otherwise the wife may look for a new model of the "husband loader".

  6. #5
    BigDaveP is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
    Might I suggest investing in additional mags, so that the husband will have more time to shoot between reloads? Or maybe a .22 LR revolver as they are easier to reload. My personal favorite is a 10 shot S&W 617. I have a speed loader for it and it works great.

    Also, the Ultimate Cliploader works great for Ruger MKII, MKIII, and Buckmark pistols. Not sure about MKI. There are some videos of it on Youtube a search will pull up. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...ip%20loader&s=

    I would suggest one of the above solutions, otherwise the wife may look for a new model of the "husband loader".
    The wife already has a 317 with 8 shots... she loves that little gun... but she wants to be the master.. mistress? of all of them...

    it's certain that the HusbandReloader model is worn and old, and cannot be counted upon to work properly for much longer.

  7. #6
    kev74's Avatar
    kev74 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveP View Post
    it's certain that the HusbandReloader model is worn and old, and cannot be counted upon to work properly for much longer.
    Just make sure she doesn't take all your toys with her if she goes shopping for a new reloader!

  8. #7
    tekhead1219's Avatar
    tekhead1219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by kev74 View Post
    Just make sure she doesn't take all your toys with her if she goes shopping for a new reloader!

  9. #8
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveP View Post
    Hi folks,

    My wife has stopped shooting her Bersa FS .22 because the mags have small sharp buttons and the springs are strong... she breaks nails and gets sore fingers loading it..

    anyone know of a .22LR speed loader that works on a variety of flat stack mags? I also have a Ruger mark I with a flat mag holding 9 shots, and a Walther P22 with a slightly wide mag holding 10... it's a wobbly single stack not quite a double, which wouldn't work for rimfire anyway...

    We both have 9mm, hers is a Glock and mine a Bersa Thunder, and both love the thumb-operated speedloader... fast and easy... would like to find similar for .22LR mags..

    thanks!

    Big Dave in Dallas

    P22, Bersa FS 22, Ruger Mark I 22, Taurus 941 .22mag, Glock 26, Bersa Thunder 9, S&W 1951 Chief's Special .38
    There are a lot of options out there for a Ruger, from simple:
    http://www.tacticalinc.com/style-mag...kii-p-516.html

    to fancy:
    http://www.gunblast.com/Cliploader.htm


    If any .22 magazine has a side button to depress the follower, a handy husband can often rig-up something similar to this:
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/14404-1.html

    Just find a piece of plastic, drill/cut/file hole(s) to closely fit the mag body contours, smooth any rough/sharp edges, and you're all set! Before these were commercially offered, my friends and I used old stamped metal switch plates sold for mounting rocker switches on the bottom edge of a car's dashboard. The cutouts matched the Ruger .22 mag bodies perfectly in many cases; others required a little filing, then they were good-to-go. If the mag's base is placed on a table or other solid non-skid surface, the loader can be slipped over the mag body and pushed down with one hand, leaving the other hand to feed the shells in under the feed lips. If designed well, it transfers the stress/strain from the fingers and hands to the wrists/arms.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

22lr magazine loader
,
22lr magazine speedloader
,
bersa 22 speed loader
,
bersa thunder 22 speed loader
,
buy walther p22 speed loader
,
fast clip 22 lr magazine loader
,
p22 speed loader
,
speed loader 22lr semi auto
,
walter p22 magazine speed loader
,

walther p22 magazine speedloader

,

walther p22 speed loader

,

walther p22 speedloader

Click on a term to search for related topics.