Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Too Slow '90 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    49

    Poly Pistol Recoil

    I just sold an XD45 4" because i did not like the recoil as compared to a 5" Colt 1911. Is there anything out there in an affordable poly pistol that would have similar recoil to the Colt? I really like the XD45 but just did not care for the recoil.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Slow '90 View Post
    I just sold an XD45 4" because i did not like the recoil as compared to a 5" Colt 1911. Is there anything out there in an affordable poly pistol that would have similar recoil to the Colt? I really like the XD45 but just did not care for the recoil.
    A smaller caliber would take care of that. Honestly, I don't think you'll find much difference in perceived recoil if you stick with a .45 polymer pistol. The XD45 handles the recoil very well, IMO.

  4. #3
    tekhead1219's Avatar
    tekhead1219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Slow '90 View Post
    I just sold an XD45 4" because i did not like the recoil as compared to a 5" Colt 1911. Is there anything out there in an affordable poly pistol that would have similar recoil to the Colt? I really like the XD45 but just did not care for the recoil.
    Not that I have fired yet. Two different animals, XD is poly and the 1911's are steel. More weight (steel), less felt recoil. Been my experience anyhow.

  5. #4
    Too Slow '90 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhead1219 View Post
    Not that I have fired yet. Two different animals, XD is poly and the 1911's are steel. More weight (steel), less felt recoil. Been my experience anyhow.


    I would agree. Hence the question. Looks like a 1911 will be in order.

    Thanks.

  6. #5
    BigdogBro1's Avatar
    BigdogBro1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Planet surface
    Posts
    60
    Try a Beretta PX4 Storm or Storm PX4 SD .45cal. 4.1" and 4.6" barrel lengths. the rotating barrel design claims to reduce recoil shock.

  7. #6
    gmaske's Avatar
    gmaske is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,071
    My Ruger P345 has less preceived recoil than the 1911 I have. Both are 4.25 barrels. The Ruger is slightly bulkier in the slide but the grip is more contured and about the same thickness as a 1911.

  8. #7
    RonH is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16
    For a soft shooting .45 poly pistol try the FNP45
    I was really surprised the first time i shot mine. I can shoot that gun all day long.

    All I have tried for +P ammo is the Remington GS 185 gr and it is manageable.
    A bit more bark and flash but still able to get rounds onto target quickly.



    DA/SA decocker and no safety. 11.6 lb DA trigger and a 4.2 lb SA trigger out of the box.

    The USG models have a thumb safety, comes with one 15 and two 14 round mags.
    The USG's are also the only way to get a shooters pack with the FNP45.
    Bladetech makes the gear and has the FN logo on it.

  9. #8
    Too Slow '90 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    For a soft shooting .45 poly pistol try the FNP45
    I was really surprised the first time i shot mine. I can shoot that gun all day long.

    All I have tried for +P ammo is the Remington GS 185 gr and it is manageable.
    A bit more bark and flash but still able to get rounds onto target quickly.



    DA/SA decocker and no safety. 11.6 lb DA trigger and a 4.2 lb SA trigger out of the box.

    The USG models have a thumb safety, comes with one 15 and two 14 round mags.
    The USG's are also the only way to get a shooters pack with the FNP45.
    Bladetech makes the gear and has the FN logo on it.


    How much does it weigh? Thanks.

  10. #9
    RonH is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16
    I have not weighed it but the manual states that it weighs 33 oz with an empty 14 round mag and 43 oz with 14 rounds. I would assume that measurements were obtained using 230 gr ammo.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1911 .45 poly recoil

,

how to reduce recoil in an xd 45

,

poly nrecoil

,

poly pistol

,

poly pistols

Click on a term to search for related topics.