First, I want to thank those of you who offered so many opinions on my purchase of a new .40. I was originally set on the Glock22, Sig 226 or Baby Desert Eagle. After a long process of looking, shooting and holding these and other .40's, I went out and bought a Taurus Pro 24/7 bi-tone .40.
I simply loved the features of this gun above the others on the list.
1. External safety
2. SA trigger with nice break and very minimal reset
3. DA second primer strike capability
4. Ribber Grips are the best "out of the box" grips on any poly handgun
5. Great ergonomic feel, not too thick
6. 15 round capacity
7. Accessory rail
8. Loaded chamber indicator
1. Sights. Need to adjust since other guns are 3 dot
2. May be hard to find holsters
I have had two range sessions with it so far and I'm quickly learning the short trigger reset and sights. I'm very consistent, shooting in the 3 - 4" group range at 15 yards but tend to be a bit low (1") and left (2"). I have 300 rounds through it with no problems. This will soon become my home defense gun.