Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    cquence's Avatar
    cquence is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    30

    Just picked up my gun!!

    Hey guys, its finally here. I've waited 10 days for it. Stupid Cali law!!! Picked up my gun and a box of Federal HS personal defense ammo. Im so excited and anxious to get out to the range next week. Gonna unload at least 300 rounds!



  2. Ads
  3. #2
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    Thats a good lookin tool/toy.
    Good luck with her.

  4. #3
    Growler67's Avatar
    Growler67 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    S. Puget Sound, WA
    Posts
    715
    Sweet.

  5. #4
    Willy D's Avatar
    Willy D is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chesterton, IN
    Posts
    173
    Very nice....very nice...

    Willy

  6. #5
    DGreenplate's Avatar
    DGreenplate is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23

    Nice

    Thats a good looking weapon. 10 days? That makes me feel a little bit better about my situation. I live in Maryland, we have an 8 day wait. I just ordered a S&W M&P40 tonight. So sometime next week I'll get it.
    Dave G.

  7. #6
    unpecador's Avatar
    unpecador is offline Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,862
    Congrats!

  8. #7
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    congrats on your purchase. you are more patient than myself.

  9. #8
    cquence's Avatar
    cquence is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by undrgrnd View Post
    congrats on your purchase. you are more patient than myself.
    Believe me...I was not patient. I was counting down the days until today! 10 days seems like 20 when you really want it.

  10. #9
    jeb21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    311
    That in a great looking Sig. Let us know how it shoots!

  11. #10
    Wyatt's Avatar
    Wyatt is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Naked City
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by DGreenplate View Post
    Thats a good looking weapon. 10 days? That makes me feel a little bit better about my situation. I live in Maryland, we have an 8 day wait. I just ordered a S&W M&P40 tonight. So sometime next week I'll get it.
    Dave G.
    Not only is it 10 days in California, but you can only buy one gun every 30 days.

  12. #11
    JustRick's Avatar
    JustRick is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    192
    Congratulations on the new arrival! Wow, those Federal rounds are an expensive way to get to know a new gun. I shoot S&B FMJ to save $$$ while being attacked by paper targets. The Federal rounds only go into the magazine at home (except for a few to test the magazine with the round).

    In Washington, we had to wait nearly 15 minutes to pick up our pistol.

  13. #12
    unpecador's Avatar
    unpecador is offline Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Not only is it 10 days in California, but you can only buy one gun every 30 days.
    One handgun delivery every 30 days to be exact and I believe Maryland has the same restriction.

  14. #13
    cquence's Avatar
    cquence is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRick View Post
    Congratulations on the new arrival! Wow, those Federal rounds are an expensive way to get to know a new gun. I shoot S&B FMJ to save $$$ while being attacked by paper targets. The Federal rounds only go into the magazine at home (except for a few to test the magazine with the round).

    In Washington, we had to wait nearly 15 minutes to pick up our pistol.
    the Federals are for the home...I will be shooting Winchester FMJ's at the range. And not only 1 gun per 30 days, but every time you buy a gun, you have to retake the handgun safety test over. which I think is bs!

  15. #14
    unpecador's Avatar
    unpecador is offline Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by cquence View Post
    And not only 1 gun per 30 days, but every time you buy a gun, you have to retake the handgun safety test over. which I think is bs!
    The Handgun Safety Certificate is valid for 5 years from the issue date.

  16. #15
    kornesque's Avatar
    kornesque is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SOBX, NC
    Posts
    26
    That sure is a good looker. All Sigs are keepers, but she's precious. Even the magazine looks purty. I'd wait a whole month for that rig. Well...

    Range report when you get back please.
    Last edited by kornesque; 10-13-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: more to add

  17. #16
    camss69's Avatar
    camss69 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21
    Anybody know if you can get those grey laminated wood grips separately? I'd like to get some for my 226 but I don't see them on the sig website.

    Nice looking 220 BTW!

  18. #17
    cquence's Avatar
    cquence is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
    Anybody know if you can get those grey laminated wood grips separately? I'd like to get some for my 226 but I don't see them on the sig website.

    Nice looking 220 BTW!
    Thanks guys! You can find those grips on ebay. Im going to the range this friday. Gonna unload a clip of the Federal's to see how it performs with her.

    True the HGSC is valid for 5 years but on only one gun. If you plan to buy another gun...you have to take another test. the guy at the gun shop told me its valid on only 1 handgun.

  19. #18
    camss69's Avatar
    camss69 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by cquence View Post
    Thanks guys! You can find those grips on ebay. Im going to the range this friday. Gonna unload a clip of the Federal's to see how it performs with her.

    True the HGSC is valid for 5 years but on only one gun. If you plan to buy another gun...you have to take another test. the guy at the gun shop told me its valid on only 1 handgun.

    I'd check with another guy, never heard of having to take the test again to buy more guns. My friend and my dad both just bought second handguns and neither had to retake the test.

    Thanks, I'll check ebay for the grips.

  20. #19
    unpecador's Avatar
    unpecador is offline Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by cquence View Post
    True the HGSC is valid for 5 years but on only one gun. If you plan to buy another gun...you have to take another test. the guy at the gun shop told me its valid on only 1 handgun.
    You don't have to take the written test again to purchase multiple handguns if you already have a valid HSC.

    HSC Program


    What are the Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) requirements?

    Prior to purchasing or acquiring a handgun, unless exempted, you must have a valid Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC). You must present your HSC to the firearms dealer at the time you begin a transaction to purchase/acquire a handgun.

  21. #20
    cquence's Avatar
    cquence is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    30
    Maybe the guy was talking about my HSC cause it expires the 31st of this month. Lol Thanks guys

  22. #21
    cquence's Avatar
    cquence is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    30
    Cant wait till Friday. Gonna shoot around 300 rounds of Winchesters and probably a clip of my Federal personal defense just to see how it performs on her. I will have a range report this weekend. Also considering buying another clip since it only carries 8 rounds. What do you guys think? 3 clips of personal defense, 24 shots.

  23. #22
    unpecador's Avatar
    unpecador is offline Senior Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by cquence View Post
    Maybe the guy was talking about my HSC cause it expires the 31st of this month. Lol Thanks guys
    ... and the key word is... valid.

  24. #23
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    Man I love those wood Sig grips..they are just great! Nice gun man..Have a blast and stay safe,

  25. #24
    oak1971's Avatar
    oak1971 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    354
    Excellent choice! Great looking pistol. My 220 elite stainless is on order.

  26. #25
    JeffsSig's Avatar
    JeffsSig is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    30
    Nice Pick.!
    The 220 is among my favs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

california 10 round magazine law

Click on a term to search for related topics.