View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ruger LCP

    13 17.57%
  • Glock 26

    36 48.65%
  • Other. Please specify.

    25 33.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Comparison

  1. #21
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    TOF in 40 years I probably will but I won't let that get me down now.

    Jeff when you say IWB holster I understand but with which pistol. you talking bout XD9sc in bi-tone or baby glock.

    PS - don't lie

  2. #22
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by undrgrnd View Post
    Jeff when you say IWB holster I understand but with which pistol. you talking bout XD9sc in bi-tone or baby glock.

    PS - don't lie
    Whichever one feels better to you and/or you shoot better. The concealability of the XDSC and the G26 are about the same for me. This is because I would need a mag extension on the G26 whereas I don't on the XDSC. If you are comfortable with a G26 with a standard mag and no extension than it would be slightly easier to conceal than a XDSC IMO.

    -Jeff-

  3. #23
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    well I've held the xd9sc and if its really not that much diff than the glock. the glock23 had to short of a grip for me so the 26 will probably be worse for me. hope I figure this out.

  4. #24
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by undrgrnd View Post
    well I've held the xd9sc and if its really not that much diff than the glock. the glock23 had to short of a grip for me so the 26 will probably be worse for me. hope I figure this out.
    If the G23 was too short than the G26 definitely would be without an extension. For that matter, the XDSC would probably be too. Even if you needed a mag extension on the XDSC it wouldn't be that hard to conceal. But, if you use the factory extension with extra rounds from Springfield, that makes the grip the same length as the service models, so you might as well just conceal your service if that's necessary. This wouldn't be too hard with the right clothing.

    -Jeff-

  5. #25
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    or the right holster. I'm thinking I'm going to purchase a galco they seen to have the best ones out plus give a supporting company some business. any other suggestions for iwb holster.

  6. #26
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by undrgrnd View Post
    or the right holster. I'm thinking I'm going to purchase a galco they seen to have the best ones out plus give a supporting company some business. any other suggestions for iwb holster.
    If you're talking about concealing your Service model, Galco has more options for that than they do for the XDSC. The Summer Comfort is supposed to be an excellent holster and I would probably purchase one for my XDSC if they made it for that model. The guys at Galco are extremely helpful if you just give them a call. Also, the Crossbreed Supertuck is a VERY popular holster for XD's. I would say it's probably the most popular on xdtalk.com. You could purchase a couple of different kinds and pick your favorite. Resale on holsters isn't too bad when they aren't heavily used.

    -Jeff-

    P.S. - By the way, I charge 3 Black Talon 9mm rounds per reply. By my math, this brings me close to a box. Woohoo!

  7. #27
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    lol. you've been extremely helpful man. if you lived nearby I buy you a beer.

  8. #28
    Dredd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    267
    For pocket carry personally...go with a S&W Airweight .357

    I'm not a fan of pocket carry though.

    Get a good holster, a sturdy belt, and IWB carry your G26. Utterly reliable, powerful, in a lightweight and small package.

  9. #29
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by tekhead1219 View Post
    Downside, if you're wearing "fitted clothing", the LCP is still going to be uncomfortable to wear. Trying to stuff a pocket holster into a pair of disco pants pocket. Just not enough room.
    lol...A tight pair of pants is like a cheap hotel...no ballroom

  10. #30
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    I'm an old guy and don't wear huge clothes but do like a little room. An IWB with an untucked shirt does a great job. I carry a Colt Officers ACP 1911or a Para Ord LTC in a Gould IWB and can do about anything I want except swim. Maybe some of those tampons..worked for my sister

    With the cooler months looming my choices are a lot more. My Browning Pro-40 or one of my Sigs can go more into rotation then. I have shoulder holsters for 1911s and my Sigs as well as OWB holsters that hide a lot easier when it's not so warm.

  11. #31
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    resurecting dead thread here. anywho today I got to put my hands on some pistols. I got the feel for the xd9sc and love it but would have to do it without the factory grip extension. also got my hands on the glock 26 and it felt nice. then I picked up the khar pm9 and that was a fine pistol but the slide was a little stiff each of these were 525 or a little less. then I picked up the lcp and I could gotten it for 325 but passed on it. my thought are that imma wait a bit and see if what I'm really looking for come out in a few months if not ill go with the glock or the xd probably.

  12. #32
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by undrgrnd View Post
    resurecting dead thread here. anywho today I got to put my hands on some pistols. I got the feel for the xd9sc and love it but would have to do it without the factory grip extension. also got my hands on the glock 26 and it felt nice. then I picked up the khar pm9 and that was a fine pistol but the slide was a little stiff each of these were 525 or a little less. then I picked up the lcp and I could gotten it for 325 but passed on it. my thought are that imma wait a bit and see if what I'm really looking for come out in a few months if not ill go with the glock or the xd probably.
    IMO, all three of those pistols are great options, you just have to figure out how to configure them so they work best for you (finger extensions, etc.) I personally wouldn't count on anything coming out, but that's just me.

    -Jeff-

  13. #33
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    I really don't think it will either but it doesn't hurt to wish. I just couldn't spend the money today even though I got told to by the wife. I just couldn't make my mind up 100% today. anywho saved the money for another day.

  14. #34
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by undrgrnd View Post
    I really don't think it will either but it doesn't hurt to wish. I just couldn't spend the money today even though I got told to by the wife. I just couldn't make my mind up 100% today. anywho saved the money for another day.
    Do you have the opportunity to rent them and try them out? I suppose you already know how the XD shoots since you have one, but it wouldn't hurt to shoot the sub-compact before purchasing. Also, shooting the Glock might give you some further insight as well. Just my .02

    -Jeff-

    P.S. - This puts me over a box now...

  15. #35
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    unfortunately not. there are 3 gun shops nearby and several pawn shops and an academy but no place to rent within 150 miles.

  16. #36
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by undrgrnd View Post
    unfortunately not. there are 3 gun shops nearby and several pawn shops and an academy but no place to rent within 150 miles.
    I was going to ask if one felt particularly better than the other, but I guess you can't really tell without holding the XD with the 10-round magazine. Keep us posted.

    -Jeff-

  17. #37
    Ram Rod's Avatar
    Ram Rod is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington county, arkansas
    Posts
    1,026
    Since you are new to carry....might I suggest you forget about pocket carry all together until you've become more accustomed to carry period. Personally, I think pocket carry is a bad alternative. Take that from an open minded person who thinks that many options are always good to have.

  18. #38
    undrgrnd's Avatar
    undrgrnd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South East, Tx
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Since you are new to carry....might I suggest you forget about pocket carry all together until you've become more accustomed to carry period. Personally, I think pocket carry is a bad alternative. Take that from an open minded person who thinks that many options are always good to have.
    if this comes across rude its not meant to its just a general question. why would you stay away from pocket carry? only reason I ask is because like yourself I'm open to suggestions.

  19. #39
    hideit's Avatar
    hideit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west chester ohio
    Posts
    1,498
    i own the g26 and the ruger LCP
    the ruger and the nemesis holster for my pants pocket
    for tighter pants there is always the ankle holster
    with it being light weight it isn't bad

    the g26 is not a pants pocket gun - ankle would be fine

    for my environment i don't feel like i need to carry more than a 380 speeer JHP
    i shot several when i got it and now only 2 or 3 clips when i go to the range
    then back to the g26 and my P22

  20. #40
    lostsoul is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In the wilds of Pa.
    Posts
    85
    Given the choice of a pocket gun and a slightly larger gun,I'll sacrifice a little in size for function.The pocket size are at least hard to handle and not very accurate,basiclly a very close range defensive gun.A slightly larger gun,for example,the g26,you've got some accuracy with some range and a higher rnd. capacity.If I could,I would carry both,I'm on a pretty tight budget and can only choose one.--G26 or the equivilent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

.380 hollow point reviews
,
9mm semiauto size comparisons
,
best hollow point for lcp
,
concealability of the xd45c
,
gunbroker glock 26
,
kahr rohrbaugh size comparison
,
mouseguns pdf
,
rohrbaugh 45
,
rohrbaugh pf9 comparison
,

ruger lcp slide is really stiff

,
semi-auto pistol comparison
,
semiauto handgun comparisons
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1