Would you use a suicide gun? - Page 2

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 55
    1. #21
      Senior Member James NM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      1,091
      Lighten up folks. There are no right or wrong answers here. This topic is asking for an opinion about what you would do or not do. It's like asking "What's your favorite color". Are you going to get into a pissing contest with someone because your favorite color is blue and theirs is red?

      To me, the gun question would depend on several factors. Who is the deceased, a pedophile about to be sentenced? Or is it a close friend?

      How about the gun? Is it an ugly Glock or a spectacular Nighthawk Predator? (Just kidding about this part.................sort of).

      All things being equal, I'd rather not have a gun used in a suicide. I just had a friend (a 79 year old WWII veteran) kill himself with a handgun. No way would I want that gun! Is that gun evil? Of course not. But I don't want it. Lots of other guns out there.

      Mine is blue by the way (red sucks).

    2. #22
      Member Black Metal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      272
      Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
      Why is it that because my opinion differs from yours it's a "knee jerk reaction"?

      Last time I checked forums were for people to voice their opinion. Mine is that I wouldn't like a gun that had been used in a suicide. Sounds like yours is different.

      I'll enjoy my shiny XD and you can pull the hair and teeth from yours and we'll call it a day I guess.

      Always baffles me how people get worked up with someone doesn't agree with them or has a different view. A lot of religious wars start out that way.
      wow you took that a little to personal I think

    3. #23
      Junior Member b-diddy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Kelowna BC
      Posts
      28
      Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
      If you want to post like a child then go right ahead
      ???

      Feel free to go back and read where the ignorant posts started.

      I disagreed with you and you hopped all over me like a dog on a three legged cat. Who's the child?

    4. #24
      Junior Member b-diddy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Kelowna BC
      Posts
      28
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      Lighten up folks. There are no right or wrong answers here. This topic is asking for an opinion about what you would do or not do. It's like asking "What's your favorite color". Are you going to get into a pissing contest with someone because your favorite color is blue and theirs is red?

      To me, the gun question would depend on several factors. Who is the deceased, a pedophile about to be sentenced? Or is it a close friend?

      How about the gun? Is it an ugly Glock or a spectacular Nighthawk Predator? (Just kidding about this part.................sort of).

      All things being equal, I'd rather not have a gun used in a suicide. I just had a friend (a 79 year old WWII veteran) kill himself with a handgun. No way would I want that gun! Is that gun evil? Of course not. But I don't want it. Lots of other guns out there.

      Mine is blue by the way (red sucks).
      I agree - (not about the blue) - but the way the gun was involved in a homicide might make a difference.

      If a gun was used to shoot a home invader I don't think it'd bother me as much as one that was used in a suicide. I'm not disagreeing that the gun is doing what it was built for - and would still work fine... but I think I'd rather have one that doesn't have the "bad karma" coming along with it.

      Just mho.

    5. #25
      Member Don357's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Semmes AL
      Posts
      176
      How many of you own a Military Surplus weapon? Did you ever stop to think about how many soldiers or even civilians that were killed with your K-98 Mauser, P-08 Luger, Type 99 Arisaka, Type 38 Arisaka, how about your 91-30 Mosin or your M44 Mosin. Hey, how about your SKS or AK47 or even the 1911 that belonged to your Grandfather who served in WW1. My point is, A gun is a tool designed to do a job. It dosen't think or act on it's own. Therefore it can't be held responsible for how it is used. This is exactly what's going on with all these pro-gunban activists, they are trying to hold legal gunowners and manufacturers responsible for how badguys use THEIR illeagal weapons by taking it out on CERTAIN types of weapons (for now). It's not the guns fault, it's the preson pulling the trigger. I apologize for my rant!

    6. #26
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      267
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      Lighten up folks. There are no right or wrong answers here. This topic is asking for an opinion about what you would do or not do. It's like asking "What's your favorite color". Are you going to get into a pissing contest with someone because your favorite color is blue and theirs is red?

      To me, the gun question would depend on several factors. Who is the deceased, a pedophile about to be sentenced? Or is it a close friend?

      How about the gun? Is it an ugly Glock or a spectacular Nighthawk Predator? (Just kidding about this part.................sort of).

      All things being equal, I'd rather not have a gun used in a suicide. I just had a friend (a 79 year old WWII veteran) kill himself with a handgun. No way would I want that gun! Is that gun evil? Of course not. But I don't want it. Lots of other guns out there.

      Mine is blue by the way (red sucks).
      A Psychiatrist could read a lot into your choice of favorite color though. I can't tell up from down about what weapon you prefer. So you like a $499 Glock you got from the used section more than the custom $3000 1911 that the other guy is having built up.

      Hopefully when you need it most it goes bang in the right direction. Am i right?

    7. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      33
      Lot's of responses to my question here. It's interesting to read the differing opinions. I think it would really depend on who used the gun as to whether I would want to have it. Like someone posted earlier, if it was a pedophile or a murderer that ate a bullet from it, I would keep the gun knowing it did a great service to humanity. But if it was my family or friend I don't think I'd be able to hold the gun without being reminded of it and trying to imagine the last moments of pain they felt to have to resort to such a thing.

      Now, if it was my best friend that turned out to be a pedophile psycho killer, I might have to toss a coin to decide to keep it or not.

    8. #28
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      267
      Just a little story about one of my guns. My grandfather's cousin shot himself out in the barn with a shotgun I currently own. No regrets about owning it, no desire to get rid of it whatsoever.

    9. #29
      Junior Member b-diddy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Kelowna BC
      Posts
      28
      Quote Originally Posted by Nozoki View Post
      Now, if it was my best friend that turned out to be a pedophile psycho killer, I might have to toss a coin to decide to keep it or not.
      LOL!!!


    10. #30
      Member Glockamania®'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      469
      If it's a Glock, Hk or Kimber....yes.

    11. #31
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Let's take it easy on the personal attacks. This is purely opinion.

      My own take is that a gun is just an inanimate object with no will of its own. As someone else wrote, it's just a tool for poking holes in things. I'm not superstitious or religious and therefore don't buy into concepts like "bad karma." To me a gun is merely a hunk of metal and plastic or wood, no matter if it's been used to ventilate paper or people.

      It's just a gun.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    12. #32
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Don357 View Post
      How many of you own a Military Surplus weapon? Did you ever stop to think about how many soldiers or even civilians that were killed with your K-98 Mauser, P-08 Luger, Type 99 Arisaka, Type 38 Arisaka, how about your 91-30 Mosin or your M44 Mosin. Hey, how about your SKS or AK47 or even the 1911 that belonged to your Grandfather who served in WW1. My point is, A gun is a tool designed to do a job. It dosen't think or act on it's own. Therefore it can't be held responsible for how it is used. This is exactly what's going on with all these pro-gunban activists, they are trying to hold legal gunowners and manufacturers responsible for how badguys use THEIR illeagal weapons by taking it out on CERTAIN types of weapons (for now). It's not the guns fault, it's the preson pulling the trigger. I apologize for my rant!
      I have an M1 Garand with lots of vertical marks in the stock. I dunno that they are kill ticks, but I'd bet. But a weapon used in battle probably doesn't ahve the same stigma as one used in a suicide. I have to go with SubMOA and be certain that the surviving loved ones didn't have to see the gun again, but I'd carry it....and I wouldn't tell anyone the gun's history, in respect to the family (not saying they shouldn't have..I just wouldn't).

    13. #33
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      52
      I'd use it.

    14. #34
      Junior Member Willybone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      44
      Oddly enough, my gut tells me I'd be more comfortable buying a "murder or suicide" house than a "suicide" gun. I realize it's irrational, but that's my gut.

    15. #35
      Member Old Padawan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      818
      A gun is a gun.

      I have a gun that was used to kill a man. With the exception of some pitting, it looks, fires, and feels like it did prior to the killing.
      "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain

    16. #36
      Member TxPhantom's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Frisco, Texas
      Posts
      220
      It would bother me a lot to own a gun that killed someone that was close to me. But, if the gun killed a stranger, no matter what the circumstance, I think I could deal with that.
      Now if it had a bunch of notches on it, that might be a bad sign and it might be a good idea to sell it to someone you don't like.

    17. #37
      Junior Member zippo9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Posts
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by TxPhantom View Post
      It would bother me a lot to own a gun that killed someone that was close to me. But, if the gun killed a stranger, no matter what the circumstance, I think I could deal with that.
      Now if it had a bunch of notches on it, that might be a bad sign and it might be a good idea to sell it to someone you don't like.
      I saw a gun from Mexico one time that had 10 notches carved into it. The owner said it had killed 8 people! I ask how come there were ten notches.

      He said the other two were bonus notches!
      Last edited by zippo9; 06-04-2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Corrected typo

    18. #38
      Member Old Padawan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      818
      Quote Originally Posted by zippo9 View Post
      I saw a gun from Mexico one time that had 10 notches carved into it. The owner said it had killed 8 people! I ask how come there were ten notches.

      He said the other two were bonus notches!


      "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain

    19. #39
      Member Deltaboy1984's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      174
      Yes I would use it It is a tool just like a hammer or saw any of the 3 can kill you if misused. Just because someone was in so much pain to kill themselves doesn't mean I can not take it and use it for good.

    20. #40
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Howard County, MD
      Posts
      75
      I tend to agree with everyone saying that it's just a purpose-bulilt hunk of metal (or possibly plastic), but I also completely understand why others wouldn't want it. It does evoke emotion to some people when they know it was used in a suicide. To each his own, if it bothers you, don't buy it or just get rid of it if you already have it. If it doesn't, hit the range! If it was the suicide instrument of someone I was close to, I'd think that would make me less likely to get rid of it. It'd be kind of a memorial to that person every time I shoot it. Because it is, after all, just a piece of equipment. Perhaps it would be a good thing to think of a lost friend/relative when using this piece of equipment... Perhaps not. I can't say for sure since I've never been in the situation. But my thinking is, it's a perfectly good firearm, and why let it go to waste?

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Search tags for this page

    handgun for suicide forum

    ,

    inherited guns from a suicide

    ,

    mauser sig suicide gun

    ,

    st petersburg suicide gun garage

    ,

    suside at the woodlands marketplace texas

    ,

    what shotgun shell would you use for suicide

    ,

    what type of shotgun shell is best to use for suicide?

    Click on a term to search for related topics.