Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    223

    Talking CCW, law, holster n other questions??

    Hello.
    I passed everything and got my certificate for my CCW permit.

    My worry is this. I got into a scuffle doing security about 2 years ago which ended up in a Disorderly conduct. I was told that it could stop me from getting my permit?? Anyone ever have any similar issues? Its Ohio by the way.

    Also. Whats a good concealment holster for a large (well fat) guy with a 45 caliber Taurus and a small compact lazerlight? Tnx, HG

  2. #2
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740
    It shouldn't stop you as long as it was not classified as a felony or assault. Disorderly has a wide range of usage by the court system. If you paid a fine and no probation you should be good to go. Good luck.

  3. #3
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    If you already have your CCW permit I would expect your question/worry is answered.

    I use a Don Hume 721 OT Outside the waist band. They make good holsters for reasonable prices.

    http://www.donhume.com/Products/Prod...dChartNumber=7


  4. #4
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    If you already have your CCW permit I would expect your question/worry is answered.
    I think he got his certificate, not his permit. I'm going out on the ledge and assuming it's like here in NC where you take the class, pass the test, get the certificate to prove you've taken and passed the class, and then turn that in along with your application and wait. And wait. And wait.

  5. #5
    AZ Outlaws's Avatar
    AZ Outlaws is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I think he got his certificate, not his permit. I'm going out on the ledge and assuming it's like here in NC where you take the class, pass the test, get the certificate to prove you've taken and passed the class, and then turn that in along with your application and wait. And wait. And wait.
    That's what I got out of his post. I think I would of checked out his question BEFORE jumping through the hoops....

  6. #6
    falshman70's Avatar
    falshman70 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No VA & coastal SC
    Posts
    495
    I'd look at Andrews Leather's holsters.

  7. #7
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
    That's what I got out of his post. I think I would of checked out his question BEFORE jumping through the hoops....
    Gee, I think I pulled something. I guess I should quit jumping.

    I give answers as I see them. If you don't like them thats ok too.


  8. #8
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Gee, I think I pulled something. I guess I should quit jumping.

    I give answers as I see them. If you don't like them thats ok too.

    I think AZ was saying that hemmiegremmie should have checked out the answer to his question before he jumped through all the hoops to apply for his CCW.

    No need to thank me for the interpretation service, the bill's in the mail.

  9. #9
    Dredd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    267
    Ohio may stiff you because their CCW law is still new. I remember, last I was there to visit, seeing signs at many businesses that discourage you from carrying a concealed weapon onto their property. Places that when in someplace such as FL or TX wouldn't be an issue at all.

    Anyhow good luck, but since their CCW law is kind of new from what I understand I would not be too surprised if they tried to give you a hard time.

  10. #10
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I think AZ was saying that hemmiegremmie should have checked out the answer to his question before he jumped through all the hoops to apply for his CCW.

    No need to thank me for the interpretation service, the bill's in the mail.
    Thanks for the assist. The check is being printed as I write this.

    I'm a cranky old at times Todd but that's ok to. You already know that didn't you.

    Enjoy


  11. #11
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Thanks for the assist. The check is being printed as I write this.

    I'm a cranky old at times Todd but that's ok to. You already know that didn't you.

    Enjoy

    Hope it's a bank check.

    I was well aware of your penchant for crankiness.

  12. #12
    gmaske's Avatar
    gmaske is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I think he got his certificate, not his permit. I'm going out on the ledge and assuming it's like here in NC where you take the class, pass the test, get the certificate to prove you've taken and passed the class, and then turn that in along with your application and wait. And wait. And wait.
    and wait and wait and wait

    hemmigremmie
    Being as you're a BIG DUDE should make it a bit easier to stash a larger gun on your person. If you got some long and fairly baggy tee shirts that Don Dume 721 belt holster that TOF was talking about will make that 45 just about disapear. You could also use an IWB type pretty comfortablely. You just got to think a bit diffrent about the way you dress around the gun it self.

  13. #13
    AZ Outlaws's Avatar
    AZ Outlaws is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
    That's what I got out of his post. I think I would of checked out his question BEFORE jumping through the hoops....
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Gee, I think I pulled something. I guess I should quit jumping.

    I give answers as I see them. If you don't like them thats ok too.

    I was trying to say, if I was the poster and had that question, I would have checked out my concern before going for a CCW. I made no reference to your post.

    LOL I'll try to be more clear the next time I post so you won't get all cranked up. Take a nice pill, it'll do wonders for you and you might live longer....

  14. #14
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
    I was trying to say, if I was the poster and had that question, I would have checked out my concern before going for a CCW. I made no reference to your post.

    LOL I'll try to be more clear the next time I post so you won't get all cranked up. Take a nice pill, it'll do wonders for you and you might live longer....
    If I live too long I'll run out of retirement funds.
    I will try not to be so cranky though.

    Enjoy


  15. #15
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    I will try not to be so cranky though.
    Cranky fits you and you're too old to change. Plus, you'd have to have a new screen name like HOF (Happy Old Fart).

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
    That's what I got out of his post. I think I would of checked out his question BEFORE jumping through the hoops....


    I did check before I signed up, but I was only told before hand that you couldnt have a felony. No one ever until way into the class that a disorderly could keep you out and by then we had already taken the test and was heading twords the shooting range.
    I dont go into things half cocked, but I think the class instructors should be more clear from the start. Hg

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ccw ohio test questions
,
ccw test questions ohio
,
nc concealed carry test answers
,
nc concealed carry test questions
,
north carolina concealed carry test questions
,
ohio ccw test
,
ohio ccw test answers
,

ohio ccw test questions

,

ohio ccw written test questions

,
ohio concealed carry sample test questions
,

ohio concealed carry test questions

,
what questions are on ohio ccw test
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1