Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    MrsNukeHayes's Avatar
    MrsNukeHayes is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    13

    Talking Mrs Nuke's New Toy!!

    Just got back from the Range and I thought I'd share some pictures. I'm still in love with my gun, but I'm not too good at shooting. We shot our targets at 30ft. I put 75 rounds thru my Llama .380 and I had fun!! haha. One complaint would be that Im probably going to have to replace the Magazine because the last round would fail to feed...when i only put in six rounds it was fine! Geoff liked shooting it as well...but he had a problem of his own with HIS new toy...Im sure you'll hear ALL about it...But here are my pictures...(including one of me, my awesome shooting shirt and my new gun!! lol)






    oh and a picture of my son....(even better than my gun)



  2. Ads
  3. #2
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,185
    30 feet? not bad. not bad at all.
    Cute baby. congrats

  4. #3
    Wyatt's Avatar
    Wyatt is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Naked City
    Posts
    713
    Hayes Jr. is certainly worth protecting, no doubt. You're being modest in your shooting ability. Plus you're not all over the place, just tend to be low from what I can tell. That will improve with practice and smoothing out your trigger pull. Good looking gun too.

    If you start a post in the Gen'l semi-auto area someone may have some input on your mag's feeding problem. Only thing I might say is if that cartridge in the trigger guard in pic #3 was the last round in your magazine, that just might be the problem.
    Last edited by Wyatt; 03-01-2008 at 04:39 PM.

  5. #4
    txpete's Avatar
    txpete is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    154
    nice pics and glad to hear you like the new 380 acp.
    hows the trigger pull???.I shot one of those about 20 years ago that a bud had and man it was about a 20# trigger pull.hope yours is better.
    pete

  6. #5
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,741

    Thumbs up

    Have Nuke get you some new mag springs and that should take care of your problem. Give that baby a hug for me will you. Good luck.

  7. #6
    MrsNukeHayes's Avatar
    MrsNukeHayes is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by txpete View Post
    nice pics and glad to hear you like the new 380 acp.
    hows the trigger pull???.I shot one of those about 20 years ago that a bud had and man it was about a 20# trigger pull.hope yours is better.
    pete

    well its a bit stiff but I'm ok with it. Ive heard youre suppose to be surprised when your gun finally fires when you pull the trigger nice and slow, so if thats correct im doing it right. Geoff calls it an 8 to 10 pound pull with some stacking (if that answers ur ?)

    and thanks for telling me i shoot ok i try...but i did notice i was shooting low...i have to remember to close my bad eye my vision is 20-50...
    thanks as well for your comments about lil nuke!! he's my handsome man!! (and geoff too!!!lol)

  8. #7
    gmaske's Avatar
    gmaske is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsNukeHayes View Post
    well its a bit stiff but I'm ok with it. Ive heard youre suppose to be surprised when your gun finally fires when you pull the trigger nice and slow, so if thats correct im doing it right. Geoff calls it an 8 to 10 pound pull with some stacking (if that answers ur ?)

    and thanks for telling me i shoot ok i try...but i did notice i was shooting low...i have to remember to close my bad eye my vision is 20-50...
    thanks as well for your comments about lil nuke!! he's my handsome man!! (and geoff too!!!lol)
    Ultra cute baby! Don't let a day go by without counting that blessing.

    Don't start closing one eye! One of the first things they tell you in a pistol safety class is to learn to shoot with both eyes open. Do you know how hard it is to unlearn 30 years of one eyed shooting! Before you go looking for some new mag.s or springs, load both mag.s full and stick them away for a week. A lot of springs need to be seasoned this way. If it was pretty hard to load the mag.s because of a stiff spring this should solve both problems. I just took an NRA pistol safety class today and I would highly recommend doing the same. I've been around guns all my 55 years and I learned some good stuff today. If you get a good instructor you will walk away a better and safer shooter and it's worth every penny.

  9. #8
    MrsNukeHayes's Avatar
    MrsNukeHayes is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by gmaske View Post
    Ultra cute baby! Don't let a day go by without counting that blessing.

    Don't start closing one eye! One of the first things they tell you in a pistol safety class is to learn to shoot with both eyes open. Do you know how hard it is to unlearn 30 years of one eyed shooting! Before you go looking for some new mag.s or springs, load both mag.s full and stick them away for a week. A lot of springs need to be seasoned this way. If it was pretty hard to load the mag.s because of a stiff spring this should solve both problems. I just took an NRA pistol safety class today and I would highly recommend doing the same. I've been around guns all my 55 years and I learned some good stuff today. If you get a good instructor you will walk away a better and safer shooter and it's worth every penny.
    Thanks!! In CT we had to take a safety course to get our CCW and i live with geoff, lol. so I feel confortable with guns thanks goodness...lol. Im right eye dominant. and "legally" blind in the other...so when i look with both its a TINY bit off from just the "good" eye...We just might have to try your idea about the mags, thanks!!

  10. #9
    neophyte is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    CLT, NC
    Posts
    513

    lower the target

    MrsNukeHayes: Ma'am; I want you on my team.
    I don't see anything wrong with your ?low? shooting; just tell the "NukeHayes" to lower the dang thing He has the target setting too high
    tell him it's "physics" your 5'1" and he's 6'5" targeting for himself = MrsNukeHayes shooting LOW I had a whole spin for this and forgot

    and the "babynukehayes' is cute

  11. #10
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Nice shooting Tex. Nothing to be assamed of there.

  12. #11
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    Very good shootin' !! Keep up the good work and oh, BEAUTIFUL youngster!!!

  13. #12
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    I must say that is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. Oh yeah, good shooting too

    -Jeff-

  14. #13
    nukehayes's Avatar
    nukehayes is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stationed in San Diego, home is Newark, OH
    Posts
    488
    MRSNUKE: "OH thank you ALL very much...lol. i wonder if youre just being nice, lol. i was aiming for the bullseye and didnt hit it once hahaa!"

  15. #14
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by nukehayes View Post
    MRSNUKE: "OH thank you ALL very much...lol. i wonder if youre just being nice, lol. i was aiming for the bullseye and didnt hit it once hahaa!"
    I think each and every comment was meant. first round, new pistol, no ammo choice (pistol chose that is) yet. a few inches off at that is good. now comes the fun part. More shooting. You'll get it right where you want with a bit more shooting.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

llama .380 pistol

,
nuke toy
Click on a term to search for related topics.