Looking for a concealment holsters

    Results 1 to 15 of 15
    1. #1
      Junior Member Sig Al's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      74

      Looking for a concealment holsters

      Hi guys. I looking for a concealment holsters for my Sig 229R. What's a good brand to buy? I want the type that goes under the waistband. Not over the pant. I forgot what they call that type. Thanks.

    2. #2
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      For inside the waistband holsters for the P229R, Galco offers the Royal Guard, Scout, SkyOps, Stow-n-Go, and Summer Comfort holsters. www.usgalco.com
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      784
      Quote Originally Posted by Sig Al View Post
      Hi guys. I looking for a concealment holsters for my Sig 229R. What's a good brand to buy? I want the type that goes under the waistband. Not over the pant. I forgot what they call that type. Thanks.
      Remember you will have to wear pants with ~2" larger waistband to support IWB carry.

      Regardless of which brand you like, get one with a slide guard to avoid rubbing directly against skin and reinforced not to collapse so your pants don't fall down when you draw.

    4. #4
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      0
      I just got one from UGB Holsters and I really like it a lot. Great customer service and quick turn around time.

      http://www.ubgholsters.com/

    5. #5
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082
      Quote Originally Posted by submoa View Post
      reinforced not to collapse so your pants don't fall down when you draw.
      That alone would make a BG keel over laughing.

    6. #6
      Junior Member Sig Al's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      74
      Thanks for the info guys. I'll check them all out and see what will fit my buget and what looks good. Well, funtion and comfort is more important then looks but you know what I mean.

    7. #7
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by submoa View Post
      reinforced not to collapse so your pants don't fall down when you draw.
      Don't go looking for a holster stating that specifically. I've never seen one marketed that way. They usually say reinforced opening that prevents the holster from collapsing to allow for one handed re-holstering of your weapon.

    8. #8
      Junior Member Sig Al's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      74
      I was at the Milt Sparks website last night and I say a few nice ones. Not cheap but nice.

    9. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Lufkin, Texas
      Posts
      43
      Here is a list of holster makers I have compiled over the yrs.
      checked some that I really like w/ 2 asterics, others that are popular but I have not worn personally w/ a single * Quality holsters will have a waiting line of about 4-6 months. I ordered another Tucker HF1 in july & it shipped last Friday. A full 7 months. It should arrive Monday. I hope.
      Hope this helps.

      http://www.5shotleather.com/
      http://www.akerleather.com/
      http://www.alessileather.com/
      http://www.andrewsleather.com/ *
      http://www.bearclawholsters.com/
      http://www.bellcharteroakholsters.com/
      http://www.bianchi-intl.com/
      http://www.blackhawk.com
      http://www.blackhillsleather.com/main.html
      http://blade-tech.com/ **
      http://www.brigadegunleather.com/
      http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/ *
      http://www.bulmangunleather.com/
      http://www.campingsurvival.com/ind.html
      http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/home.html
      http://www.comp-tac.com/ **
      http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html
      http://www.delfatti.com/ *
      http://www.desantisholster.com/ *
      http://dillonprecision.com/template...&tocp=Holsters&
      http://www.donhume.com/ **
      http://www.epsaddlery.com
      http://www.fist-inc.com/
      http://www.fobusholster.com/
      http://garritysgunleather.com/ *
      http://www.ghostholster.com/
      http://www.gouldusa.com/
      http://www.grahamholsters.com/
      http://www.grandfatheroak.com./
      http://www.gun-holsters.com/holsters.html
      http://www.haugenhandgunleather.com/
      http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/ *
      http://hedleyholsters.com/
      http://www.highnoonholsters.com/ **
      http://www.hillsmanholster.com/
      http://www.hoffners.com/products.htm
      http://www.holsters.org/index.htm
      http://www.intercomm.com/hersey4way/
      http://www.jagwear.com/
      http://www.kdholsters.com
      http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/ *
      http://www.klnullholsters.com/
      http://www.kramerleather.com/ **
      http://www.kytac.com/
      http://www.lightningarms.com/
      http://www.littlefeatherleather.com/
      http://www.m2tactical.com/
      http://www.michaels-oregon.com/
      http://www.miltsparks.com/ **
      http://www.mitchrosen.com/ ** very expensive.
      http://www.natchezss.com/
      http://www.politesociety.com/
      http://www.raftersgunleather.com/
      http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/default.asp?
      http://www.rmholsters.com/
      http://www.safariland.com/
      http://www.shado.com/products.html
      http://sidearmor.net/
      http://www.simplyrugged.com/
      http://www.smartcarry.com/
      http://www.sportshooter.com/
      http://www.sunriseleather.com/
      http://www.tacticalholsters.com/
      http://www.thebeltman.net/
      http://www.tedblocker.com/
      http://www.taurisholsters.com/index.cfm
      http://www.threatsolutions.com/
      http://www.tidepoolwebdesigns.com/kangaroo/
      http://www.tuckergunleather.com/ **
      http://www.usgalco.com/Default.asp **
      http://thewilderness.com/catalog/pr...a2cb0959d2be9d6

    10. #10
      Junior Member Sig Al's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      74
      Quote Originally Posted by longtooth View Post
      Here is a list of holster makers I have compiled over the yrs.
      checked some that I really like w/ 2 asterics, others that are popular but I have not worn personally w/ a single * Quality holsters will have a waiting line of about 4-6 months. I ordered another Tucker HF1 in july & it shipped last Friday. A full 7 months. It should arrive Monday. I hope.
      Hope this helps.

      http://www.5shotleather.com/
      http://www.akerleather.com/
      http://www.alessileather.com/
      http://www.andrewsleather.com/ *
      http://www.bearclawholsters.com/
      http://www.bellcharteroakholsters.com/
      http://www.bianchi-intl.com/
      http://www.blackhawk.com
      http://www.blackhillsleather.com/main.html
      http://blade-tech.com/ **
      http://www.brigadegunleather.com/
      http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/ *
      http://www.bulmangunleather.com/
      http://www.campingsurvival.com/ind.html
      http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/home.html
      http://www.comp-tac.com/ **
      http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html
      http://www.delfatti.com/ *
      http://www.desantisholster.com/ *
      http://dillonprecision.com/template...&tocp=Holsters&
      http://www.donhume.com/ **
      http://www.epsaddlery.com
      http://www.fist-inc.com/
      http://www.fobusholster.com/
      http://garritysgunleather.com/ *
      http://www.ghostholster.com/
      http://www.gouldusa.com/
      http://www.grahamholsters.com/
      http://www.grandfatheroak.com./
      http://www.gun-holsters.com/holsters.html
      http://www.haugenhandgunleather.com/
      http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/ *
      http://hedleyholsters.com/
      http://www.highnoonholsters.com/ **
      http://www.hillsmanholster.com/
      http://www.hoffners.com/products.htm
      http://www.holsters.org/index.htm
      http://www.intercomm.com/hersey4way/
      http://www.jagwear.com/
      http://www.kdholsters.com
      http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/ *
      http://www.klnullholsters.com/
      http://www.kramerleather.com/ **
      http://www.kytac.com/
      http://www.lightningarms.com/
      http://www.littlefeatherleather.com/
      http://www.m2tactical.com/
      http://www.michaels-oregon.com/
      http://www.miltsparks.com/ **
      http://www.mitchrosen.com/ ** very expensive.
      http://www.natchezss.com/
      http://www.politesociety.com/
      http://www.raftersgunleather.com/
      http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/default.asp?
      http://www.rmholsters.com/
      http://www.safariland.com/
      http://www.shado.com/products.html
      http://sidearmor.net/
      http://www.simplyrugged.com/
      http://www.smartcarry.com/
      http://www.sportshooter.com/
      http://www.sunriseleather.com/
      http://www.tacticalholsters.com/
      http://www.thebeltman.net/
      http://www.tedblocker.com/
      http://www.taurisholsters.com/index.cfm
      http://www.threatsolutions.com/
      http://www.tidepoolwebdesigns.com/kangaroo/
      http://www.tuckergunleather.com/ **
      http://www.usgalco.com/Default.asp **
      http://thewilderness.com/catalog/pr...a2cb0959d2be9d6
      Wow Longtooth! That's quite a list. Thanks. I'll have to set a side a night or two to go through them all. Ha Ha. Thanks again.

    11. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Lufkin, Texas
      Posts
      43
      You are welcome.
      Hope a lot of new to carry folks copy it & save it to their message box or print it out for reference.
      Enjoy.
      LT
      Last edited by longtooth; 02-24-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelin

    12. #12
      OJ
      OJ is offline
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      87

      Thumbs up

      This is the Mitch Rosen ARG for my colt Government Model 45 -


      http://www.mitchrosen.com/

      And this is the Milt Sparks VM II for the same gun -


      http://www.miltsparks.com/

      They make them for your specific gun and are not cheap but, they are high quality and last a long time. Some wait for each but well worth it as both are very comfortable and I carry some 18 hours per day.

      Get a holster to carry your spare magazine (or two) at the same time - you do carry a spare - don't you??


    13. #13
      Junior Member Sig Al's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      74
      Quote Originally Posted by OJ View Post
      This is the Mitch Rosen ARG for my colt Government Model 45 -


      http://www.mitchrosen.com/

      And this is the Milt Sparks VM II for the same gun -


      http://www.miltsparks.com/

      They make them for your specific gun and are not cheap but, they are high quality and last a long time. Some wait for each but well worth it as both are very comfortable and I carry some 18 hours per day.

      Get a holster to carry your spare magazine (or two) at the same time - you do carry a spare - don't you??

      Never thought about spare mag holster. The Milt Sparks holsters are real nice. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for a quality holster. There are just so many nice quality holsters out there. I wish I could try a few and see which one I like the best before I order one.

    14. #14
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Lufkin, Texas
      Posts
      43
      IT is OK to buy what I call an interrum holster if you do not have anything. Buy any decent quality holster off one of the buy & sell forums on any one of several boards. Wear it until you deside exactly what you want & get it. When your primary holster arrives you can sell the interrum for nearly what you pd for it or keep it as a spare.

    15. #15
      OJ
      OJ is offline
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      87

      Thumbs up

      Quote Originally Posted by Sig Al View Post
      Never thought about spare mag holster. The Milt Sparks holsters are real nice. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for a quality holster. There are just so many nice quality holsters out there. I wish I could try a few and see which one I like the best before I order one.
      Truth be known, that's the reason I have the two I showed. My curiosity got the best of my judgement. I found there's not really a particle of difference between them as far a secure carry, comfort, or anything.

      I can highly reccomend the two pack holster for extra mags from Sparks. I also have a single from Rosen that fits inside the waist but it's not as comfortable as the Sparks on the belt. IWB is fine for gun holsters but not for mag holsters.

      Hope you end up with one you like - you probably will. I've tried other holster makers but I like these the best.


    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •