Take a little heat off yourself in making your decision.
1) None of the guns you are looking at are "bad" choices.
2) Trust me, this is only your "first" gun, not your "only" gun.
3) See #1: Whatever you buy, you will love.
4) Come down to South Texas and I'll let you shoot my Ruger in 9mm, my 1911 style Kimber in .45, and my PX4 Storm in 9mm. My wife might allow you to handle her Glock 19 (9mm), too.
5) Find a forum member in your area and get with him/her to try out some guns.
6) Remember Numbers 1 & 2 above. Go buy a gun that you can afford and have a great time learning about guns. Your second gun buying decision will be based on what you learned about your first gun.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people.