Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    thedr's Avatar
    thedr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    47

    I Finally got a Python!!!

    I finally got a Colt Python .357mag 4in Royal Blue! DAMN, I've wanted one of these things since the 70's. I couldn't ever afford one. I found one at my local fun shop because the owner is selling his personal weapons. He gave me a GREAT deal on this one. I looked up the serial no. and found out this gun was made in 1967. It has a little holster wear but for a 40 year old gun, it is in great shape. I replaced the small original grips with some Excaliber oversized fingergroove Rosewood w/Colt logo. It feels and looks SWEET!
    I am going to the range tommorrow to see how this baby shoots. I can't wait!!! Needless to say, "I'm Happy as.......you know"!
    Last edited by thedr; 02-23-2007 at 08:59 PM.

  2. #2
    scooter's Avatar
    scooter is offline Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,031
    Whaaat........no pix?? Shame, shame

  3. #3
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740

    Talking Python

    Last edited by Baldy; 06-14-2008 at 12:17 AM.

  4. #4
    hberttmank's Avatar
    hberttmank is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    626
    Congratulations, you lucky dog! A mint condition 4inch Python is one gun I'd love to get this year. Let's see a pic.

  5. #5
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740
    Hey Thedr I hope you got a good price on yours. I looked for over 2yrs for a 4" barrel model. Best I could do was $800 beat all to pieces to $950 for one that was in fair condition but no box or papers and not a dime less. Crazy. I quit looking and bought an old S&W model 19-4 for $350 and love it. I got a 6" 1978 Colt Python I paid $375 for it and a box of shells. Bought it new.
    Don't lose those stocks off your Python as they are worth about $150 to $200 bucks if they are in fair condition.
    Last edited by Baldy; 06-14-2008 at 12:18 AM.

  6. #6
    thedr's Avatar
    thedr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    Hey Thedr I hope you got a good price on yours. I looked for over 2yrs for a 4" barrel model. Best I could do was $800 beat all to pieces to $950 for one that was in fair condition but no box or papers and not a dime less. Crazy. I quit looking and bought an old S&W model 19-4 for $350 and love it. I got a 6" 1978 Colt Python I paid $375 for it and a box of shells. Bought it new.
    Don't lose those stocks off your Python as they are worth about $150 to $200 bucks if they are in fair condition.

    I got my Python for $700 and change. No box and no papers. I can't complain about the price ...at ALL! The new grips were $80. The grips on mine were the small ones. Not the oversized ones like on your gun. I will put the original grips in a box and save them. I called Colt and this nice lady answered and said she would mail me an original Python owners manual for free.
    I will put the Python as my avatar shortly. I am inep as far as posting a picture here. I know ....you need a host and you do this and do that and everybody says it's easy.......What!!
    Last edited by thedr; 02-23-2007 at 08:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740
    From what I see over on the Colt site that is a fair price for one in good shape. I would have give that one guy $700 but he would not come down at all. Good luck with your new Colt as they are the best in my book.

  8. #8
    thedr's Avatar
    thedr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    From what I see over on the Colt site that is a fair price for one in good shape. I would have give that one guy $700 but he would not come down at all. Good luck with your new Colt as they are the best in my book.

    Thanks Baldy.
    I'm a "baldy" that is transplanted from Florida to Arizona. I miss the beaches! Not the huricanes!
    Last edited by thedr; 02-23-2007 at 09:23 PM.

  9. #9
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740

    Talking Hurricanes (BAD)

    Not much you can do about them big blows. Here in the swamp we just tie ourselfs to a plam tree with bottle of good Irish Wiskey and wait till its over.

  10. #10
    hberttmank's Avatar
    hberttmank is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    626
    Well guys, a funny thing happened today at the gun show. I went with the intention of buying a new S&W MP9, but of course always looking for those targets of opportunity. I ran into this at a really good price, in excellent condition, so I couldn't pass it up. The action and trigger are super smooth, should be a great shooter. I can always find more tupperware, but they just don't make them like this anymore.

  11. #11
    thedr's Avatar
    thedr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by hberttmank View Post
    Well guys, a funny thing happened today at the gun show. I went with the intention of buying a new S&W MP9, but of course always looking for those targets of opportunity. I ran into this at a really good price, in excellent condition, so I couldn't pass it up. The action and trigger are super smooth, should be a great shooter. I can always find more tupperware, but they just don't make them like this anymore.
    Very nice! If you don't mind me asking, "What did you pay for it"?

  12. #12
    hberttmank's Avatar
    hberttmank is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    626
    $795 out the door. It was the best deal I've seen on a Python in a long time. You would not believe all the beat-up guns people were asking $800 and up for.

  13. #13
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740

    Talking Beat up Junk....

    Quote Originally Posted by hberttmank View Post
    $795 out the door. It was the best deal I've seen on a Python in a long time. You would not believe all the beat-up guns people were asking $800 and up for.
    You got a very good deal on that 4" barrel Python. I looked for over two years and I am still half way looking for a 4"er. I find them and they are junk or they want a bar of gold for them. Found one yesterday at the gun show a 21/2" Python it didn't have the cylinder release on it and the guy wanted $450 for it. A parts guns at best. CrAZY
    Good luck with your new/old Python Hberttmank. I wouldn't take less than $2,000 for it if I was you.

  14. #14
    hberttmank's Avatar
    hberttmank is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    626
    Thanks, guys. My lousy photography really does not do justice to this gun. The polish and bluing are outstanding. This will get passed down to my grandson one of these days.

  15. #15
    milquetoast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    535
    I don't have a Python. But if I did, I would definitely get one of these holsters: http://garritysgunleather.com/Exotics.htm
    Enjoy!

  16. #16
    bac1023 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    110
    Great choice!

    I love my Pythons.


  17. #17
    JeffWard's Avatar
    JeffWard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St Pete Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,932
    Everyone else is looking... this guy has FIVE cherry ones... lol

    JW

  18. #18
    gmaske's Avatar
    gmaske is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,071
    I'm not much in to wheel guns anymore but if I ran across a 4" Python and I could scrape the money up it would follow me home for sure.
    Lord those are beautiful guns!

  19. #19
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740

    Thumbs up

    I would give a body organ for them fine looking Colts. Beautiful is all I can say.

  20. #20
    Mosquito's Avatar
    Mosquito is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by hberttmank View Post
    Thanks, guys. My lousy photography really does not do justice to this gun. The polish and bluing are outstanding. This will get passed down to my grandson one of these days.
    I wish I was your grandson...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

357 colt python for sale

,
colt python 357 parts
,
colt python box for sale
,
colt python in ca
,
colt python parts
,
colt pythons for sale
,
what is fair price for mint 4in colt python royal blue
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1