Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Savage 69 12Ga HELP

    My granddad handed me down a 1970 Savage 69 12ga, Unfortunately it has a cracked buttstock. Anyone know of any websites where I can find a wood stock? please help. I want it to look original.

  2. #2
    Member Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Lansing Mi
    Have you tried to fix it with wood glue? You might be able to save it that way....

  3. #3
    Senior Member Steve M1911A1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Northwest Washington State
    1. Wooden stocks can usually be repaired with inset dowelling and glue. Where is the crack, exactly? Can you post a picture?
    2. A replacement stock may possibly be found here: Firearm Parts & Accessories | Military Surplus | Numrich Gun Parts
    3. If worst comes to worst, there are stockmakers with duplicating lathes, who can make a new stock using the old one as a pattern. If you order a rough copy, and finish it yourself, it might not be too expensive a job to contemplate.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

savage 69

Click on a term to search for related topics.