What is this thingy?

    Results 1 to 19 of 19
    1. #1
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082

      What is this thingy?

      This is kinda what my Supernova will look like once I get my hands on it. This is a Nova, but it's similar. What's the little thingy between the mag extension and barrel?


    2. #2
      Senior Member Ram Rod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Washington county, arkansas
      Posts
      1,026
      Support

    3. #3
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082
      Oh...'cause I have a mag extension for it and it didn't come with one. Are they just generic fitment thingies?

    4. #4
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Quote Originally Posted by fivehourfrenzy View Post
      Oh...'cause I have a mag extension for it and it didn't come with one. Are they just generic fitment thingies?
      Pretty much. It's just a clamp. It also usually has a handy sling swivel on the left side, so one can attach a mall ninja three-point "tactical" sling.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    5. #5
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
      Pretty much. It's just a clamp. It also usually has a handy sling swivel on the left side, so one can attach a mall ninja three-point "tactical" sling.
      What's that?

    6. #6
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      A three point sling?

      Here's one example: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp...&CatalogID=404
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    7. #7
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082
      So...how is that different from a regular sling? I mean, I say just get a standard sling and wear it like a normal person.

    8. #8
      js
      js is offline
      Administrator
      js's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NC, USA
      Posts
      3,064
      an aimpoint red dot site on a shotgun...wtf?
      "bing bang boom! hair out...hamburger time" - William Murderface

    9. #9
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082
      Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
      an aimpoint red dot site on a shotgun...wtf?
      I mean, I'm putting a red dot on mine when I get it, but not an Aimpoint. I think it's pretty unnecessary to have a $400+ scope on a shotgun that can't group better than 5-6" at 50 yards. I'll be getting a cheapo, but I'll still zero the ghost rings.

    10. #10
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Quote Originally Posted by fivehourfrenzy View Post
      So...how is that different from a regular sling? I mean, I say just get a standard sling and wear it like a normal person.
      Did you actually read the product description? It's totally different from a standard two-point sling...at least if you know about guns and fighting with them. But you don't need a tactical sling, anyway, so it's a moot point.

      I'll be getting a cheapo, but I'll still zero the ghost rings.
      I wish your cheapo dot sight a lot of luck standing up to 12 gauge recoil.

      js, tactical shotguns are pretty commonly outfitted with dot sights now. They offer the same advantages on a shotgun as on carbines and pistols.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    11. #11
      GM HGF Gold Member
      Wandering Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Coastal Bend, TX
      Posts
      2,121
      Anyone we know?




      Exodus?

      What day?

      WM
      Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

    12. #12
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Cripes. Please hold the Zoolander jokes.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    13. #13
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
      Did you actually read the product description? It's totally different from a standard two-point sling...at least if you know about guns and fighting with them. But you don't need a tactical sling, anyway, so it's a moot point.
      No, I didn't read the product description. I figured it was similar to the backpack straps on my golf bag...you can wear it like a backpack instead of just slinging it over your shoulder, which helps when you're playing 18 holes in the summer heat.

      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
      I wish your cheapo dot sight a lot of luck standing up to 12 gauge recoil.
      Well it's only about $50, so if it shatters with a slug, I'll probably get something nicer.

      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
      js, tactical shotguns are pretty commonly outfitted with dot sights now. They offer the same advantages on a shotgun as on carbines and pistols.
      Put the dot on the target and pull the trigger.

    14. #14
      Junior Member MrsNukeHayes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Groton, CT
      Posts
      13
      Quote Originally Posted by fivehourfrenzy View Post
      Put the dot on the target and pull the trigger.
      You mean squeeze

    15. #15
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      BAM! fhf is "pwnd" by MrsNukeHayes!

      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    16. #16
      Senior Member BeefyBeefo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      CO
      Posts
      2,873

    17. #17
      Banned fivehourfrenzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Lexington
      Posts
      1,082
      Wtf? Lol.

    18. #18
      js
      js is offline
      Administrator
      js's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NC, USA
      Posts
      3,064
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post

      js, tactical shotguns are pretty commonly outfitted with dot sights now. They offer the same advantages on a shotgun as on carbines and pistols.
      I had no idea... I've learned something new today.
      "bing bang boom! hair out...hamburger time" - William Murderface

    19. #19
      Junior Member SacCat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by fivehourfrenzy View Post
      I mean, I'm putting a red dot on mine when I get it, but not an Aimpoint. I think it's pretty unnecessary to have a $400+ scope on a shotgun that can't group better than 5-6" at 50 yards. I'll be getting a cheapo, but I'll still zero the ghost rings.


      heck.. my 870 with sabo slugs does 3" groups... it's worth it, but then again, depends on what you are hunting..

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •