Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Changing grips

  1. #1
    Exlawman1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Changing grips

    I just bought a Colt XSE Commander .45 acp (ss) and I want to change the stock wood grips for a set of pre-ban elephant ivory. The first side went without incident. But I cannot remove the second hex screw on the other side. I've tried "Gunk, Liquid Wrench", a chemical designed to loosen such screws, but no success. Since I am not particularly knowledgeable with tools, can someone help me out? I really want to get the other ivory grip piece on that pistol! Thanks in advance.
    Bruce F.

  2. #2
    clic2323's Avatar
    clic2323 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    try using T handle wrenches and have some one hold the gun in place then wile twisting the wrench hit the top of wrench witk the other hand (it will act like a impact driver) that is what i had to do to an old remington rand with a flat head
    good luck

  3. #3
    Exlawman1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    thanks for the advice

    I've been using the tiny L-shaped wrenches and each time I end up wearing them out til they are no longer useful. Awfully frustrating. I need a stronger wrench---the metal seems to be softer than the steel in the screw. are t-wrenches made of a stronger metal or steel?

Remove Ads


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1