Wanna bet 1st thing DEMS go for!

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 30
    1. #1
      Member J.R.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      220

      Wanna bet 1st thing DEMS go for!

      I never heard any DEM talking gun control this cycle (they wised up) but bet my bottom dollar, now they are in power,BRADY,A.W.B, and NEW GUNS LAWS are on the table.ANY BETS????

    2. #2
      Member falshman70's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      No VA & coastal SC
      Posts
      495
      Pretty safe bet, IMHO. I'm going to stock up before January.

    3. #3
      Member Mr. P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      495
      Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
      I never heard any DEM talking gun control this cycle (they wised up) but bet my bottom dollar, now they are in power,BRADY,A.W.B, and NEW GUNS LAWS are on the table.ANY BETS????
      I donno, maybe.

      But I'll tell ya this, I don't bet unless I know the answer. I was going to wait until spring to make a purchase, now it'll be an early Christmas present.

      And don't forget, any new law has to get by Ws' desk.

    4. #4
      js
      js is offline
      Administrator
      js's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NC, USA
      Posts
      3,064
      I've got a total of 10 30rd AR15 mags and I'm going to order more. I just ordered 1,000rds of 5.56 ammo as well...

      I'm going to pick up another AR lower receiver at some point in the near future as well...Just in case....better safe than sorry
      Last edited by js; 11-08-2006 at 04:18 PM.
      "bing bang boom! hair out...hamburger time" - William Murderface

    5. #5
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

      And don't forget, any new law has to get by Ws' desk.
      That is why I am not freakin out. Thankfully I have plenty of mags for all my guns!

    6. #6
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,470
      Good thing I have at least 6 hi caps per gun, and 8 for my P99.

      Now, I really needa hurry up and get that PS90

    7. #7
      Member J.R.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      220
      Ship,with the DUMBACRATS in power and new mouth to feed better stock up quick. Don't forget the rifle and shotgun! Randall

    8. #8
      Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash scooter's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      2,031
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
      I donno, maybe.

      But I'll tell ya this, I don't bet unless I know the answer. I was going to wait until spring to make a purchase, now it'll be an early Christmas present.

      And don't forget, any new law has to get by Ws' desk.
      OR...if they get enough votes(?) they can override his veto........
      Ill be up to around 3000 ronds per weapon by Jan. and keep stocked up as long as I can!!!

    9. #9
      Member Mr. P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      495
      Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
      OR...if they get enough votes(?) they can override his veto........
      Ill be up to around 3000 ronds per weapon by Jan. and keep stocked up as long as I can!!!
      True but, A veto override requires a recorded two-thirds vote of those voting in each house.

      You'd have to have a bucnh of republicans join in. I doubt it would happen. Then again they are ALL politicians.

    10. #10
      Member Revolver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      897
      I wouldn't panic at the moment but I must stress the importance of being a member of the GOA or NRA to preserve our rights. The membership is cheap. Even I can afford it. $20 a year isn't much.

    11. #11
      Senior Member SuckLead's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      2,353
      Quote Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
      I wouldn't panic at the moment but I must stress the importance of being a member of the GOA or NRA to preserve our rights. The membership is cheap. Even I can afford it. $20 a year isn't much.
      I'm in the NRA, GOA, and Grassroots. Still getting some mags. And I am probably going to try to at least get my Swiss K-31 ASAP. I really hate having to think this way. WTF is the Constitution there for, anyway? People and their power trips and knowing what's best for me. *picture angry rant here*

    12. #12
      Member Benzbuilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Tuscaloosa Alabama
      Posts
      352
      I'm going to get my FNH FiveseveN ASAP!

    13. #13
      Member OrangeSkies's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Oregon's Outback
      Posts
      132
      ”[Tuesday was] a very good night for all of us who want to do something to reduce gun violence in America.“
      —statement from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
      And so it begins...

    14. #14
      Member jpruett79's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Southern WV
      Posts
      162
      I don't think they will try anything until the next presidential election. If they can pretend to be more conservative for the next to years and then get a democrat in the white house. If they can do that then its all over for us and they dont have to try and get a 2/3 majority to override a veto.

    15. #15
      Member J.R.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      220
      Quote Originally Posted by jpruett79 View Post
      I don't think they will try anything until the next presidential election. If they can pretend to be more conservative for the next to years and then get a democrat in the white house. If they can do that then its all over for us and they dont have to try and get a 2/3 majority to override a veto.
      PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT WAY!!!!!! The way the DEMS go,and the way1/4 of REPS vote don't think your guns are safe! Look and England, Canada, and and the Aussies have gone,1 more dipshit going postal in a school will do us in! READ THE N.R.A. ratings of what "WE THE PEOPLE" have put in power! I have N.R.A. membership BUT trust GUN OWNERS OF AMERICIA more! I wish Ron Paul of Tx was runnig for President in'08. READ UP GUN OWNERS!!!!!!! Be ready in '08.Randall

    16. #16
      Member Revolver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      897
      Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
      PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT WAY!!!!!! The way the DEMS go,and the way1/4 of REPS vote don't think your guns are safe! Look and England, Canada, and and the Aussies have gone,1 more dipshit going postal in a school will do us in! READ THE N.R.A. ratings of what "WE THE PEOPLE" have put in power! I have N.R.A. membership BUT trust GUN OWNERS OF AMERICIA more! I wish Ron Paul of Tx was runnig for President in'08. READ UP GUN OWNERS!!!!!!! Be ready in '08.Randall
      Amen to that. Ron Paul for President! I agree with you about GOA. The NRA worries me a bit at times but they actually have done quite a bit. GOA seems to be more committed though. I'd like to see more libertarians in office like Ron Paul but I don't see the sheeple allowing that to happen.

    17. #17
      Member falshman70's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      No VA & coastal SC
      Posts
      495
      The more I read (and hear from my company's lobbyist) about the nature of most of the Dems that got elected, I guess I'm a little more sanguine. Many of them are pro-gun, pro-life, anti-tax. The question is whether they can coalesce into a solid block of blue dogs or knuckle under to Pelosi and the wingnuts.

      OTOH, I seem to remember W saying he'd sign the Brady bill if it was sent to him.

      I still see an AR purchase in my future before these clowns are sworn in.

    18. #18
      Member Mr. P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      495
      Quote Originally Posted by falshman70 View Post
      The more I read (and hear from my company's lobbyist) about the nature of most of the Dems that got elected, I guess I'm a little more sanguine. Many of them are pro-gun, pro-life, anti-tax. The question is whether they can coalesce into a solid block of blue dogs or knuckle under to Pelosi and the wingnuts.

      OTOH, I seem to remember W saying he'd sign the Brady bill if it was sent to him.

      I still see an AR purchase in my future before these clowns are sworn in.
      Won't surprise me, he signs pretty much EVERYTHING sent to him.

    19. #19
      Member Thor's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Texas !! :D
      Posts
      447
      Actually, I don't have a problem with "reducing gun violence in America", just the WAY the Brady Bunch intends on doing it. Minneapolis area has gotten pretty bad with shootings and stuff. Most of them are done by kids that shouldn't even be owning/possessing handguns and such. Of course, MN is a "reform State" vs a "punishment state"

    20. #20
      Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash scooter's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      2,031
      Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
      Actually, I don't have a problem with "reducing gun violence in America", just the WAY the Brady Bunch intends on doing it. Minneapolis area has gotten pretty bad with shootings and stuff. Most of them are done by kids that shouldn't even be owning/possessing handguns and such. Of course, MN is a "reform State" vs a "punishment state"

      And there is the problem,10 years in L.E. taught me one thing there is NO reform without some form of punishment to help reinforce it

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •