Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473

    Firefox 2.0 beta issues!

    123
    So who is using the 2.0 version? I love the features but the damn thing keeps freezin on me! Thankfully it has the restore session so when I shut it off and back on I can go back to the page I was looking at. Anyone else having any problems with this beta release?

  2. #2
    js
    js is offline
    Administrator
    js's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by -gunut- View Post
    So who is using the 2.0 version? I love the features but the damn thing keeps freezin on me! Thankfully it has the restore session so when I shut it off and back on I can go back to the page I was looking at. Anyone else having any problems with this beta release?
    I've got it (2.0) on my PC and hate it. They haven't released 2.0 for mac yet, when they do...I will not install it.
    "bing bang boom! hair out...hamburger time" - William Murderface

  3. #3
    Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    I've got it (2.0) on my PC and hate it. They haven't released 2.0 for mac yet, when they do...I will not install it.
    Like I said, I love the features! I hope they release the next one soon!

  4. #4
    js
    js is offline
    Administrator
    js's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by -gunut- View Post
    Like I said, I love the features! I hope they release the next one soon!
    I'm a big Firefox fan... I just can't believe they released a "buggy" 2.0

    I'd hate to think they are following the footsteps of Microsoft.... aka: premature releases.
    "bing bang boom! hair out...hamburger time" - William Murderface

  5. #5
    Supporting Member rfawcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    522
    I've been using Firefox 2.0 for about a week on this machine and haven't experienced any problems. This one has an Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, 1Gb RAM, and a NVIDA GeForce FX 5500 256 Mb video card. So far, so good.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    I've had it for about a week now and haven't had a single problem.

  7. #7
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    I use firfox at work, and haven't upgraded yet. At home, Opera all the way

  8. #8
    Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by rfawcs View Post
    I've been using Firefox 2.0 for about a week on this machine and haven't experienced any problems. This one has an Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, 1Gb RAM, and a NVIDA GeForce FX 5500 256 Mb video card. So far, so good.
    I have a 3.6Ghz processor with 2 gig ram and a NVIDA GeForce 6800 Ultra video card.

    I hope they fix the bugs. I love firefox!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    I havn't load the new one yet. Not sure I will yet because of the problems I've read.

  10. #10
    Member Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas !! :D
    Posts
    447
    I've had Firefox 2.0 for a couple of weeks now and only a couple of problems. It seems when certain sites use certain add-ins, it freezes. However, it's been pretty rare. I think I've had it freeze three times. It seems mainly with flash or some other animated plug-in from the originating site.

  11. #11
    GM HGF Gold Member
    Wandering Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    I'm a big Firefox fan... I just can't believe they released a "buggy" 2.0

    I'd hate to think they are following the footsteps of Microsoft.... aka: premature releases.
    My son is a computer programming engineer. He tells me to never buy the x.0 version of anything. Wait for the X.1 or later versions.

    WM
    Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

  12. #12
    Member jpruett79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Southern WV
    Posts
    162
    I have loaded firefox 2.0 on 5 machines and havent had any problems on any of them.

  13. #13
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by jpruett79 View Post
    I have loaded firefox 2.0 on 5 machines and havent had any problems on any of them.
    Yes, but the 6th machine will be the death of you

  14. #14
    Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I've had Firefox 2.0 for a couple of weeks now and only a couple of problems. It seems when certain sites use certain add-ins, it freezes. However, it's been pretty rare. I think I've had it freeze three times. It seems mainly with flash or some other animated plug-in from the originating site.
    Ok, it does freeze more on certain sites. I think I usually get about 3-4 a day.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Baldy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,740
    I can't get my favorites to transfer over from IE. I put them on the memory stick and I still can't get them to go.

  16. #16
    Member jpruett79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Southern WV
    Posts
    162
    Baldy are you using ie6 or ie7.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •