Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I need help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2

    I need help

    123
    I have a S&W 1911 standard. I am looking to add a supressor to it. The barrel will not accomadate that item. Any suggestions? new barrel?

  2. #2
    Senior Member TedDeBearFrmHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunman68 View Post
    I have a S&W 1911 standard. I am looking to add a supressor to it. The barrel will not accomadate that item. Any suggestions? new barrel?
    the first step to adding a suppressor to your pistol is hiring an attorney and putting aside bail money......

  3. #3
    Member HGF Gold Member dosborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by TedDeBearFrmHell View Post
    the first step to adding a suppressor to your pistol is hiring an attorney and putting aside bail money......
    BS.

    Cajun, you would need to have a longer barrel fitted and threaded (may find a pre-threaded).

    Have you researched the process and cost of owning a suppressor?

    Welcome to HGF, too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member TedDeBearFrmHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by dosborn View Post
    BS.

    Cajun, you would need to have a longer barrel fitted and threaded (may find a pre-threaded).

    Have you researched the process and cost of owning a suppressor?
    well, that was kinda my point..... its pretty obvious that a threaded barrel or a longer barrel machined to thread on a suppressor is needed, having not KNOWN that, it was my next assumption that they did not do the research into the NFA or pay the tax or fill out the documentation or even do the research to see if the suppressor is legal in their state even if they do jump thru all the other hoops.....

    so on a whim, the op wants a suppressed .45...... i think my original advice still is appropriate

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    Dosborn no I actually have not done research. thats kinda why I asked. But if I doooooooooooo decide to get it done I was curious what it would take. I wouldnt even know where to look for a threded barrel. Now, to you shade tree lawyers, than you also!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member TedDeBearFrmHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,859
    a shadetree lawyer GIVES legal advice, my advice was to get a LAWYER....

    best of luck in your efforts

  7. #7
    Senior Member denner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by TedDeBearFrmHell View Post
    the first step to adding a suppressor to your pistol is hiring an attorney and putting aside bail money......
    Thats a good one! You may want to call ATF or the FBI to inquire into the legality or licensing required for such an endeavor. I'm sure there's a Federal Code somewhere.

  8. #8
    Senior Member TedDeBearFrmHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by denner View Post
    Thats a good one! You may want to call ATF or the FBI to inquire into the legality or licensing required for such an endeavor. I'm sure there's a Federal Code somewhere.
    NFA the National Firearms Act and even if they fill out the forms, get approved and pay the tax, it still may be illegal in the op's state of residence ..... and then there is more junk to go thru to transport it across state lines and does THAT state allow them.... and then each component part is considered a suppressor itself.... so if you take one apart to repair it, you must register and pay the tax on EACH part as a whole suppressor.....

    my original advice stands, if your research consists entirely of finding a threaded barrel on a forum.....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1911 pistol suppressor

,

1911 suppressors and barrels

Click on a term to search for related topics.