Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Edc

  1. #1
    ssmtbracer's Avatar
    ssmtbracer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    8

    Edc

    What other items besides your gun do you carry? Or do you just have the standard phone, wallet, keys, Gun.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,185
    Usually have two knives on me; a very small Victorinox Swiss Army-style folder (blade, nail-file w/screwdriver tip, scissors, tweezers, toothpick), and a Kershaw assisted-opening folder (Chive or Leek) clipped to a pocket.

    If it's cool enough to require a jacket/coat, one of its pockets has a small durable flashlight in it and the other has a lighter and thin gloves. For true cold weather (in North Dakota), my heavy coat's pockets can hold a lot, and usually do. Sometimes I rattle when I walk in the winter.
    "Placement is power" -- seen in an article by Stephen A. Camp
    (RIP, Mr. Camp; you will be remembered, and missed)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmtbracer View Post
    What other items besides your gun do you carry? Or do you just have the standard phone, wallet, keys, Gun.
    "EDC"

    Someone else watchin' Nutin'? lol

    I carry a Gerber Applegate Fairborne Covert folder everywhere I go, excluding court houses, airports, etc.



    Also, If I'm wearing a jacket, or coat, with any kind of extra pockets I'll carry a flash light and pocket constitution, aka "Alaskan concealed carry permit".

  5. #4
    Frank45's Avatar
    Frank45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern New Jersey
    Posts
    376
    A 1&3/4" Kershaw which I use for every day minor cutting tasks. A Vapor1650BLK clipped to my strong side pocket and a Vapor 1640 in my strong side pocket for a backup. At times I'll also wear a Leatherman multi-tool. With a jacket a good flashlight and pepperspray. CC is not an option in the socialist state of New Jersey. Acually any knife over 3" is illegal and I'm not sure of the pepper spray. The pepperspray I keep for when I'm walking my dogs in the woods. Black bear have been sighted in my area. It's a great state isn't it?

  6. #5
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,727
    Besides my Beretta 92, I carry a cell, Eagletac 300 lumen light, Leatherman Micra and a small case with 2 extra 123 batteries. I wear cargo pants. So, lots of room.

  7. #6
    cougartex's Avatar
    cougartex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Jefferson County, TX
    Posts
    1,775
    Kershaw knife.

  8. #7
    Tuefelhunden is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    554
    Pocket knife, cell phone and spare mag or two

  9. #8
    kg333's Avatar
    kg333 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
    a very small Victorinox Swiss Army-style folder (blade, nail-file w/screwdriver tip, scissors, tweezers, toothpick)
    I have that exact knife, it's quite handy. It's small enough that no one worries about it (I've had event security guards laugh at it when I ask if I need to leave it behind in my car), but if you keep it sharp, it's convenient for most small cutting jobs. I keep it in the coin pocket on my jeans.

    Don't have CCW at the moment (Maryland is wanting in that regard), but I usually carry a couple USB flash drives with me as well, along with the usual keys and cell phone.

    KG

  10. #9
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,185
    Quote Originally Posted by kg333 View Post
    I have that exact knife, it's quite handy. It's small enough that no one worries about it (I've had event security guards laugh at it when I ask if I need to leave it behind in my car), but if you keep it sharp, it's convenient for most small cutting jobs. I keep it in the coin pocket on my jeans.
    That's the one to have; so small, you don't even know it's there until you need it. I've pulled 10-12 board-feet of splinters out of my hands with the tweezers on that thing over the years...

    Don't have CCW at the moment (Maryland is wanting in that regard), but I usually carry a couple USB flash drives with me as well, along with the usual keys and cell phone.

    KG
    Have you considered a small, really, REALLY bright flashlight, with a sharp "defensive" front bezel? A bright enough burst of light can cause a flinch-away reflex at night, or even in a normally-lit room indoors. If someone's shooting in your direction, a bright light can shut-down their retinas in low-light and make you nearly invisible. As a striking weapon, the sharpened front edge is just plain wicked.

    Just trying to be helpful...
    "Placement is power" -- seen in an article by Stephen A. Camp
    (RIP, Mr. Camp; you will be remembered, and missed)

  11. #10
    kg333's Avatar
    kg333 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
    Have you considered a small, really, REALLY bright flashlight, with a sharp "defensive" front bezel? A bright enough burst of light can cause a flinch-away reflex at night, or even in a normally-lit room indoors. If someone's shooting in your direction, a bright light can shut-down their retinas in low-light and make you nearly invisible. As a striking weapon, the sharpened front edge is just plain wicked.

    Just trying to be helpful...
    Actually, I can't say I've heard of a flashlight with a "defensive bezel" like you describe, but it sounds like it'd be the ticket...I'm a college student, so the campus back in KY is a similar can of worms. Any brands you'd recommend?

    KG

  12. #11
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,727
    Quote Originally Posted by kg333 View Post
    Actually, I can't say I've heard of a flashlight with a "defensive bezel" like you describe, but it sounds like it'd be the ticket...I'm a college student, so the campus back in KY is a similar can of worms. Any brands you'd recommend?

    KG

    Here ya go

    Solarforce L2M Mini BLK 300 Lms SS H/L Bezel Head Torch on eBay (end time 22-Jul-10 18:43:51 BST)

    I am awaiting a Solar Force light to come in right now, actually. They seem to be pretty popular with the people at Candle Power Forum. I'm not waiting for that model with the huge bezel, but I do kinda want one


  13. #12
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    DJ Niner is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,185
    Wow, Ship. that bezel's pretty "aggressive"; I've not seen one quite like that, before.
    Quote Originally Posted by kg333 View Post
    Actually, I can't say I've heard of a flashlight with a "defensive bezel" like you describe, but it sounds like it'd be the ticket...I'm a college student, so the campus back in KY is a similar can of worms. Any brands you'd recommend?

    KG
    I don't currently have anything along these lines, myself, but a couple of friends have and use Fenix lights, and they seem to be happy with them. Here are a couple from Fenix's line-up:

    Fenix TA20 Premium Cree Q5 LED Flashlight - Flashlights

    Fenix TK12 Flashlight 280 Lumens - Flashlights

    (I'm not endorsing that website, I'm just familiar with their site; you can get the Fenix lights from various places)
    "Placement is power" -- seen in an article by Stephen A. Camp
    (RIP, Mr. Camp; you will be remembered, and missed)

  14. #13
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is online now HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,727
    I looked at fenix, but I ended up with 2 eagletacs.

    For a low cost light, look at walmart. There is a flood to spot 110 lumen Coleman for $26. The bezel is pretty agressive and sharp. I have 1 in my car.

  15. #14
    kg333's Avatar
    kg333 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    717
    Whew...that's a heck of an edge on that Solarforce...

    Thanks for the links, guys, I'll definitely look into those. I was needing a good tactical flashlight anyway.

    KG

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

gun edc

Click on a term to search for related topics.