Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    dpdtc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Spring TX
    Posts
    70

    4 police officers shot dead at Wash. coffeehouse

    This is a tragedy. Why are people targeting the Military and our Police officers?

    This is a perfect example of why I carry 90% of the time when I am not at work. In this situation a person with a CCW would have the advantage on the BG as he is targeting the police. Maybe not all of them would have died if one of us had been there. My prayers go out to the families of these fallen police officers.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091129/..._officers_shot

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    686
    Only about 5 minutes from my house... unbelieveable!

  3. #3
    sheepdog is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    No. Texas
    Posts
    231

    Pain and Rage...

    ...pain for the families and remaining officers, having been there a few times myself...rage that he got away...this is part of the reason I carry...I know two officers personally whose lives were saved by the willingness of an armed citizen to step up...

  4. #4
    dondavis3's Avatar
    dondavis3 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas / Fort Worth Texas Area
    Posts
    1,882
    So sad - I'm very sorry for thier family's

    This world of ours is full of crazy people.

    All the more reason to CCW.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by dondavis3 View Post
    This world of ours is full of crazy people.

    All the more reason to CCW.


    +1!

  6. #6
    Freedom1911's Avatar
    Freedom1911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by dpdtc View Post
    This is a tragedy. Why are people targeting the Military and our Police officers?

    This is a perfect example of why I carry 90% of the time when I am not at work. In this situation a person with a CCW would have the advantage on the BG as he is targeting the police. Maybe not all of them would have died if one of us had been there. My prayers go out to the families of these fallen police officers.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091129/..._officers_shot
    Quote Originally Posted by from article

    Troyer said investigators had spoken to a person in nearby Tacoma, who gave information that led them to believe the gunman was on foot and still near the coffee shop. Troyer would not given any details nor characterize that person in any way, but said the information led officers to carefully search buildings close by.
    Red Above.
    Any one want to guess the reason behind this is because the shooter was of Arab decent.

    The attacks have started folks. Right here in the US just like they have been going on in Scotland, England/Great-Brittan and in Australia.
    The PC attitude is going to get millions killed in this Country. And Obama is going to sit back and let it happen.

  7. #7
    SaltyDog's Avatar
    SaltyDog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    691
    It's a darn shame. Our prayers go out to the families.

    Freedom1911 I hope you're wrong - not looking forward to a terrorist war on the home front. Just looked at Fox News and it seems to be a normal everyday psychopath that they are looking for.

    There were a number of senseless shootings out there this Holiday - Wisconsin, Kansas, and Florida.

  8. #8
    Atroxus is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1911 View Post
    Red Above.
    Any one want to guess the reason behind this is because the shooter was of Arab decent.

    The attacks have started folks. Right here in the US just like they have been going on in Scotland, England/Great-Brittan and in Australia.
    The PC attitude is going to get millions killed in this Country. And Obama is going to sit back and let it happen.
    Why do the people fastest to jump to conclusions always have to spout the tin hat conspiracy theories? Ever think that it could be they don't *have* enough details due to witness descriptions being horribly inaccurate? Or maybe they do, but don't want to tip the guy off before they can close in on him?

    Regardless though, this is a horrible tragedy, and my thoughts go out to teh families of the fallen. I agree with the OP that had there been a few armed civilians *maybe* the 4 cops might not have died, or *maybe* the shooter would have died with them. Although personally I think if a substantially larger percentage of our population was armed at all times this dirt bag might not have ever tried to gun down the officers to begin with.

  9. #9
    sheepdog is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    No. Texas
    Posts
    231

    Freedom 1911

    ...not this time...news reports yesterday said he was a black man...Fox this morning names him and tells his history...it'll make you even madder to find out WHO he is...

  10. #10
    dpdtc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Spring TX
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    ...not this time...news reports yesterday said he was a black man...Fox this morning names him and tells his history...it'll make you even madder to find out WHO he is...
    You have got to be kidding me. And they want to limit my access to guns. This is exactly what will happen to civilians if they take our guns away. This is a senseless act of violence that will continue to happen. Huckabee is somewhat responsible for this in my opinion. BG'S should not get releases when they have a violent past. This ticks me off so bad. No bail should have been allowed. Shame on that judge. I will carry a lot more now.

  11. #11
    Freedom1911's Avatar
    Freedom1911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Atroxus View Post
    Why do the people fastest to jump to conclusions always have to spout the tin hat conspiracy theories? Ever think that it could be they don't *have* enough details due to witness descriptions being horribly inaccurate? Or maybe they do, but don't want to tip the guy off before they can close in on him?

    Regardless though, this is a horrible tragedy, and my thoughts go out to teh families of the fallen. I agree with the OP that had there been a few armed civilians *maybe* the 4 cops might not have died, or *maybe* the shooter would have died with them. Although personally I think if a substantially larger percentage of our population was armed at all times this dirt bag might not have ever tried to gun down the officers to begin with.
    I looks like I was wrong, but I still think we have reached a tipping point and not with the tin hat wearing people.

  12. #12
    shootingftw is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16
    Horrible. I don't understand why that person was even alive in the first place. Not beneficial to man in any way shape or form. Waste of oxygen as far as I'm concerned.

  13. #13
    dpdtc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Spring TX
    Posts
    70
    I spoke with a LEO today here in Houston. I brought up the topic by saying how sorry I am that he has lost some brethen to a horrific tragedy. We were talking about it and I told him that I carry most of the time and I think things might be a little different if someone there had been carrying as the LEO's were the target.
    He went on about his thoughts that we should all be armed. He is glad that we here in Texas have the rights we do to carry. He told me what he would like to see in a CCW carrier if they are in a traffic stop. I will take that advice if I am in that position.
    Anyway I just thought I would put a word out that some of our Law Enforcement people actually like that idea that we are armed. I had good conversation with this officer.
    I know all the training in the world can't totally prepare you for real life but I would like to encourage everyone to use your rights as an American citizen and carry legaly. Not only carry but make sure you are trained and proficient with your choice of firearm. I train every month to stay sharp. I have used this situation and put myself in it and thought about how I would react. I think by doing this you prepare your mind for it and you won't think you will just react if put in the situation to do so. I will put myself in more situations as I train in the future and teach my brain to react. I hope I never have to draw my weapon on anyone but in the event that I do I will be ready to do so.
    God rest the souls of the fallen Police Officers.

  14. #14
    sheepdog is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    No. Texas
    Posts
    231

    Thumbs up Good diplomacy...

    ...a lot of cops think we don't care because we shy away from them in public...you did real good today...good for him and good for all of us CCWs...his opinion of us has to be higher because of your conversation and now he knows some of us support and would stand up for him...great report...

  15. #15
    kg333's Avatar
    kg333 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    717
    News just broke that the suspect was fatally shot last night by a lone patrol officer investigating a stolen car:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/..._officers_shot

    Looks like he tried to come up behind the officer and refused to stop. Good riddance.

    KG

  16. #16
    dpdtc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Spring TX
    Posts
    70
    Yeah I saw that this morning as well. Good thing that officer was aware of his surroundings or we might be reading about his death. Goodbye to that POS that should never been back on the streets. I am glad it was a police officer that put him down in hell. Please to all our Leo's use this situation to your advantage and be very careful out there.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1