Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Ted

  1. #1
    Member kev74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Posts
    985

    Ted

    123
    I would have though there would have been some mention of Ted's demise today.... ok, I'll go first...







    And now I can finally put this one away.


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Can't say I'm sad. I guess growing up and living a long time in MA and having that ass clown as my senator made me insensitive. Plus the fact that so many people think the Kennedy's are this great family when in reality, they are a bunch of pompous asses that do things they're not supposed to (drugs, drinking and driving, skiing football, flying a plane on instruments when you're not qualified to do so, etc.), get killed or get people killed, then all you hear is "Kennedy Curse".

    The best part about it is now with Kennedy's death, the Senate Republicans have the ability to filibuster the the health care legislation and prevent a vote until his replacement is elected in 5 months!

  3. #3
    HGF Forum Moderator
    bruce333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The best part about it is now with Kennedy's death, the Senate Republicans have the ability to filibuster the the health care legislation and prevent a vote until his replacement is elected in 5 months!
    I'm already getting warning emails about Congressional Leaders "manipulating Ted Kennedy's death to create support for a “legacy” health care bill ".
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  4. #4
    Member kev74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce333 View Post
    I'm already getting warning emails about Congressional Leaders "manipulating Ted Kennedy's death to create support for a “legacy” health care bill ".
    Even NPR is suggesting that's going to happen. And its looking like MA is going to allow the governor to appoint his successor - probably in September some time.

    Here's a lesson for the kids... as long as your rich and powerful you can be the biggest do-nothing scum bag in the world and it will all be over looked when you die.

    And yet we're surprised when other people don't want to accept the consequences for their actions.


  5. #5
    Member TheReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    363
    Thank you for the Ted tribute. It was really honest and heart warming.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tekhead1219's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Can't say I'm sad. I guess growing up and living a long time in MA and having that ass clown as my senator made me insensitive. Plus the fact that so many people think the Kennedy's are this great family when in reality, they are a bunch of pompous asses that do things they're not supposed to (drugs, drinking and driving, skiing football, flying a plane on instruments when you're not qualified to do so, etc.), get killed or get people killed, then all you hear is "Kennedy Curse".

    The best part about it is now with Kennedy's death, the Senate Republicans have the ability to filibuster the the health care legislation and prevent a vote until his replacement is elected in 5 months!
    +1 Todd...If you have the money, you can do whatever you want and damn the consequences (there won't be any). I haven't shed any tears over this one. You can be sure that the Dems will put enough pressure on the Mass. Governor to appoint someone to fill the seat BEFORE any vote comes up on health care. Obama will see that it gets done quickly.

  7. #7
    Member Kyle1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    270
    i still miss billy mays more than this douche....however i dont want to hate anybody so ill just say i disliked this man alot. now if pelosi, boxer and feinstein can follow suit. hopefully hes resting in piece and was shown the error of his ways God doesnt care how much pull or money u have.

  8. #8
    Senior Member James NM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,091
    Condolences........And good riddance.

  9. #9
    TOF
    TOF is offline
    Senior Member TOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    We even heard of the scumbag as far west as Arizona.

    I always thought it was far to cold in Massachusits for the worthless bastard. I expect he is finaly warming up. RIH

    I guess he did have a purpose. Without a bad person to compare with you wouldn't know what a good person was like.


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    34
    Has the canonization process started yet?

  11. #11
    js
    js is offline
    Administrator
    js's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    3,064
    I remember when he killed someone and got away with it... karma's a bitch.
    "bing bang boom! hair out...hamburger time" - William Murderface

  12. #12
    Senior Member tekhead1219's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt1811 View Post
    Has the canonization process started yet?
    Yep, now they're trying to pass "The Hallelujah Ted Kennedy Health Care For Everyone and Damn the Cost" bill.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    309
    Amfyoyo.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    He's dead and gone. Maybe we should just let it go. After all, it's just water under the bridge now!




    And yes, I ripped that off from some site I saw the other day.

  15. #15
    Member kg333's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    717
    It's bits like this one from Time that get on my nerves:
    Quote Originally Posted by Time
    Kennedy only fully embraced Catholicism later in life...
    The man openly defied several teachings considered central to the Catholic faith..."fully embraced" my a**. It's like saying Obama is a devout Muslim.

    KG

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Kinda like the saying "There are no Atheists in a fox hole". He knew he was on his way out and was trying to hedge his bets. He'll get what's coming to him.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    561
    +1 the thanks for the heart warming Ted tribute but it was "water under the bridge" that almost made me piddle.

    Karma or devine smack down, looks like Teddy finally ran into something his or other peoples influence couldnt get him out of. I'm over it.

    -T-

  18. #18
    Senior Member dondavis3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas / Fort Worth Texas Area
    Posts
    1,890
    I'm not gonna miss him.


  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    309
    dondavis3, nor will anyone else with half a brain!

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    This just in! They are renaming the Chappaquiddick Bridge to the Ted Kennedy Memorial Car Wash!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •