McCain-Obama tie in AZ?

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 28
    1. #1
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081

      McCain-Obama tie in AZ?

      This is very bad news for John McCain, and seems to demonstrate the very soft support for McCain among conservatives: http://www.azcentral.com/news/electi...upoll1029.html.

      This is just one Arizona poll, of course, and other polls still show McCain with various leads here.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    2. #2
      Senior Member James NM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      1,091
      I just got the results back from a poll I conducted, and the results are (just as I had suspected) that Obama SUCKS!

      Now I admit my methodology was unscientific, but I am quite sure that my poll results are more accurate than the azcentral poll, know matter how much you hope Mike!

    3. #3
      Member AirForceShooter's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Sarasota Fla / Huntersville N.C.
      Posts
      522
      Have you noticed all the coverage shows polls that say Obama is wayyy ahead but...

      None of the talking heads will say Obama is winning or will win.

      After looking at the lines for early voting I'm wondering if those polls are garbage.

      AFS

    4. #4
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      I just got the results back from a poll I conducted, and the results are (just as I had suspected) that Obama SUCKS!
      I agree. I am certainly not an Obama supporter.

      Now I admit my methodology was unscientific, but I am quite sure that my poll results are more accurate than the azcentral poll, know matter how much you hope Mike!
      It's actually an ASU poll.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    5. #5
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      0
      I don't believe any of the polls because, and this is going to come as a shock, people lie! Some feel it's nobody's business when they are asked who they are voting for. Some who are voting for McCain say Obama because they don't want to seem racist. Others, who knows why they lie? Whatever the reason, I don't think we're ever going to have a clear picture until next Tuesday night.

      If the polls were truly accurate we would have had Presidents Dewey, Gore, and Kerry.

    6. #6
      Senior Member James NM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      1,091
      Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
      ...Some who are voting for McCain say Obama because they don't want to seem racist...
      Why is it that if a white person votes for McCain he's branded a racist, but 90% of blacks voting black is not racist?

    7. #7
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
      I don't believe any of the polls because, and this is going to come as a shock, people lie! Some feel it's nobody's business when they are asked who they are voting for. Some who are voting for McCain say Obama because they don't want to seem racist. Others, who knows why they lie? Whatever the reason, I don't think we're ever going to have a clear picture until next Tuesday night.

      If the polls were truly accurate we would have had Presidents Dewey, Gore, and Kerry.
      Agreed in principle. But for any poll to show McCain possibly losing Arizona is shocking. After all, the people of this state have put him in the Senate over and over, and he was previously quite popular here. If he can't carry his home state, he's done.

      Even Walter Mondale carried his home state!
      Last edited by Mike Barham; 10-29-2008 at 12:57 PM.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    8. #8
      Senior Member James NM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      1,091
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
      ...It's actually an ASU poll.
      It might be, but after the election McCain will have won AZ and Obama will still SUCK.

    9. #9
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      It might be, but after the election McCain will have won AZ and Obama will still SUCK.
      Yes, I agree that McCain will likely carry AZ and that Obama sucks. However, I also think Obama will be occupying the Oval Office while John McCain slinks back to the Senate and political obscurity.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    10. #10
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      303
      Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
      I don't believe any of the polls because, and this is going to come as a shock, people lie! Some feel it's nobody's business when they are asked who they are voting for. Some who are voting for McCain say Obama because they don't want to seem racist. Others, who knows why they lie? Whatever the reason, I don't think we're ever going to have a clear picture until next Tuesday night.

      If the polls were truly accurate we would have had Presidents Dewey, Gore, and Kerry.
      Historically polls are fairly accurate. You gave several examples of where they were off.....but none of those were showing a clear lead. Double digits is really when you can trust the polls darn near 100%......but when is the last time a candidate had a double digit lead......Clinton?, Reagan? Certainly Obama has never had a double digit lead (overall). He's +6 overall right now + or -5 is usually considered the margin of error......so he has a very slight lead, not a big one.

      That being said I'm not sure what record turnouts will do. Overall it looks like a record turnout would probably help Obama more than McCain. A LOT of new young voters are coming out this time.....we have not really seen anything like it since Kennedy.

    11. #11
      Senior Member zhurdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Wyoming
      Posts
      1,251
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      Why is it that if a white person votes for McCain he's branded a racist, but 90% of blacks voting black is not racist?
      For the exact same reason that hanging Sarah Palin by a noose in effigy is ok, but if you were to put BHO in effigy in a noose, you'd go to jail for a hate crime. I call it stupidity.

      Zhur

    12. #12
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      Why is it that if a white person votes for McCain he's branded a racist, but 90% of blacks voting black is not racist?
      For the same BS reason that makes it OK for a black politician to attend a church for 20 years that preaches anti-white messages.

    13. #13
      Junior Member SemoShooter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Posts
      72
      If my memory serves me Clinton lost Arkansas but still won the election.

    14. #14
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Quote Originally Posted by SemoShooter View Post
      If my memory serves me Clinton lost Arkansas but still won the election.
      Alas, I think it took McCain way too long to realize "It's the economy, stupid!"
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    15. #15
      Senior Member James NM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      1,091
      For the same BS reason that makes it OK for a black politician to attend a church for 20 years that preaches anti-white messages.
      Now Todd, you know that liberals would not have a problem if John McCain's spiritual adviser was the Grand Poo-Paw of the KKK! You would not hear one peep out of the mainstream press. And if some left wing nut job questioned McCain about it, all McCain would have to do is say that the Grand Poo-Paw was no longer his spiritual adviser. After all, just because someone attended clan rallies for 20 years doesn't mean they agreed with or even knew what the KKK's message was.

      But if the vast far left wing conspiracy were to continue to character assassinate a candidate using "guilt by association" on something as flimsy as a 20 year association with the KKK, the mainstream media would step up and redefine the issues. After all, we all know the real issues are "Hope and Change".

    16. #16
      Senior Member James NM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      1,091
      Quote Originally Posted by SemoShooter View Post
      If my memory serves me Clinton lost Arkansas but still won the election.
      I don't remember that. I don't think that's true, is it? But I do remember that Algore wanted to be President, thought he was the President, but couldn't carry the two states that knew him and his politics the best: Tennessee and Arkansas.

      If a presidential candidate can't even carry his own home state, what in hell makes him think he should be President?

    17. #17
      Member falshman70's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      No VA & coastal SC
      Posts
      495
      I suspect ASU may be in the bag for the "annointed one." I voted yesterday and I have to say that many Obama voters were voting (don't ask me how I knew they were Obama voters!) and most were first time voters. The poll worker who was helping folks fill out the form certifying that you were going to be away or otherwise unable to vote Nov. 4 said, "vote early, vote often." I said, "you must be a democrat." He quickly said, "I was just kidding." I replied, "I wasn't."

      Not very gracious, I know, but I'm starting to get pissed off that we may have 4 years of Jughead as President. "Economic justice for all!" Not to mention gun bans.....

    18. #18
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Kentucky
      Posts
      3,373
      Quote Originally Posted by zhurdan View Post
      For the exact same reason that hanging Sarah Palin by a noose in effigy is ok, but if you were to put BHO in effigy in a noose, you'd go to jail for a hate crime. I call it stupidity.

      Zhur
      I heard on the radio just today that a hanging Obama was spotted on the University of Kentucky Campus. It was said that federal law might have been broken due to it being listed as a hate crime.

      I really don't like either of these people either being a conservative Republican but I do find it distasteful the double standard that has been played out this whole time.

    19. #19
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Kentucky
      Posts
      3,373
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      Now Todd, you know that liberals would not have a problem if John McCain's spiritual adviser was the Grand Poo-Paw of the KKK! You would not hear one peep out of the mainstream press. And if some left wing nut job questioned McCain about it, all McCain would have to do is say that the Grand Poo-Paw was no longer his spiritual adviser. After all, just because someone attended clan rallies for 20 years doesn't mean they agreed with or even knew what the KKK's message was.

      But if the vast far left wing conspiracy were to continue to character assassinate a candidate using "guilt by association" on something as flimsy as a 20 year association with the KKK, the mainstream media would step up and redefine the issues. After all, we all know the real issues are "Hope and Change".

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by James NM View Post
      Now Todd, you know that liberals would not have a problem if John McCain's spiritual adviser was the Grand Poo-Paw of the KKK! You would not hear one peep out of the mainstream press. And if some left wing nut job questioned McCain about it, all McCain would have to do is say that the Grand Poo-Paw was no longer his spiritual adviser. After all, just because someone attended clan rallies for 20 years doesn't mean they agreed with or even knew what the KKK's message was.

      But if the vast far left wing conspiracy were to continue to character assassinate a candidate using "guilt by association" on something as flimsy as a 20 year association with the KKK, the mainstream media would step up and redefine the issues. After all, we all know the real issues are "Hope and Change".


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •