Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Jiffy Lube Scam

  1. #1
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353

    Jiffy Lube Scam

    Jiffy Lube! Check out the link below. View the VIDEO. Send it to everyone you know who owns a car.

    Can't say I'm surprised. My last car had broken seals to prove Jiffy Lube isn't worth the money.

    http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx

  2. #2
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Sad. I had a work van done at a libe place and they cracked the oil pan and tried to deny it. I finally got them to admit it and they replaced it.

  3. #3
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,741
    These tire shops are just as bad and automatic transmissoin shops will skin you alive.

  4. #4
    madman4049's Avatar
    madman4049 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    33
    Yeah I have seen that video before. I now do all my fluids and filters myself along with most general maintenance.

  5. #5
    hawcer's Avatar
    hawcer is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    178
    Goofy-Lube strikes again!!! This really pisses me off,I worked at a new car dealer for 15yrs and now run a independant repair shop...Guy's like this give us all a bad name.

  6. #6
    PanaDP's Avatar
    PanaDP is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    406
    I recently got my oil changed at one of the places they tested. Good thing I watched them do all the work I asked for.

    I hate not having a place to change my own oil. My apartment has a parking space but it is not level enough to safely jack up and work on a car. Maybe the next place.

  7. #7
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by PanaDP View Post
    I recently got my oil changed at one of the places they tested. Good thing I watched them do all the work I asked for.

    I hate not having a place to change my own oil. My apartment has a parking space but it is not level enough to safely jack up and work on a car. Maybe the next place.
    What I hate is that the development we live in right now will actually fine you for doing it. Can you believe that crap? We're not renting, we own, but still cannot work on our cars in our own driveway.

  8. #8
    submoa is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckLead View Post
    What I hate is that the development we live in right now will actually fine you for doing it. Can you believe that crap? We're not renting, we own, but still cannot work on our cars in our own driveway.
    I hear what you are saying. I live in a gated community and the biggest complainer to issue HOA violations lives 2 doors down. Busy body.

    On the other hand, I'm protected from the villiany of unauthorized paint schemes on homes and the terror of unapproved landscaped plants. Meanwhile, one of the neighbourhood kids broke into 6 cars. Go figure.

  9. #9
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    These tire shops are just as bad and automatic transmissoin shops will skin you alive.
    YA, I'm distrustful of a local tire shop (with many shops in Montana). I have a friend here who is a Blackfeet Indian. He was severely harassed for being an Indian. I use to have my work done there but no more. His case was just in the federal court system. I hope he gets ‘em good.

    I sure wouldn’t mess with his. He’s about 6’4” and a solid 220lbs. He’s got a big heart though.

  10. #10
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by submoa View Post
    I hear what you are saying. I live in a gated community and the biggest complainer to issue HOA violations lives 2 doors down. Busy body.

    On the other hand, I'm protected from the villiany of unauthorized paint schemes on homes and the terror of unapproved landscaped plants. Meanwhile, one of the neighbourhood kids broke into 6 cars. Go figure.
    I hear that. I'm safe from funny flags, pink flamingos (which we have a flock of in the yard just to mock them), and landscaping. But almost every car in the neighborhood has been broken into.

  11. #11
    gmaske's Avatar
    gmaske is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    YA, I'm distrustful of a local tire shop (with many shops in Montana). I have a friend here who is a Blackfeet Indian. He was severely harassed for being an Indian. I use to have my work done there but no more. His case was just in the federal court system. I hope he gets ‘em good.

    I sure wouldn’t mess with his. He’s about 6’4” and a solid 220lbs. He’s got a big heart though.
    So what's up with that CRAP! You still got some knuckle draggin idiots in your neck of the woods? I never could tolerate that kind of thing. Judge a man by who he is and not what he is. Well I guess that's why we still need guns. I know....Bad Example......That's on my top ten list of "Pisses me Off"

    Ignorant Sons a Bit......................................

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1