Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    bps3040's Avatar
    bps3040 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    296

    Clerks fighting back

    Lol, this video gives me a warm fuzzy feeling....good for the GD's

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3a3M...eature=related

    love the lady in the last clip!

    PS: found an interview of the lady on the last clip. She said she "circumcised" the robber. Ouch!

  2. #2
    dallaswood43 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    38

    classic

    if people expected a fight like that when they went to rob they would definitely think about it twice. i guess some places are so bad that the clerks just get sick of it and figure what the heck i'm not going to take it anymore.

  3. #3
    cvillechopper's Avatar
    cvillechopper is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    65
    That gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. If more people would just fight back there'd be so much less crime in general.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,083
    Nothing better than watching some punk kid try to rob a gas station and get the sh*t kicked out of him by everyone in there. Nobody in those videos had any fight training. I feel sorry for the poor bastard that starts some BS fight with me, lets me get ahold of him, and gets his elbow broken completely backwards. If it's just some fist fight there's no reason to pull a gun unless he's got a knife or club...if he's armed with two limp wrists and no clue of what to do in a fight, I'll cause him a lot more pain with a nasty submission or some elbows to the bridge of his nose.

  5. #5
    Mike Barham's Avatar
    Mike Barham is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona, baby!
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by fivehourfrenzy View Post
    If it's just some fist fight there's no reason to pull a gun unless he's got a knife or club...if he's armed with two limp wrists and no clue of what to do in a fight, I'll cause him a lot more pain with a nasty submission or some elbows to the bridge of his nose.
    Well, unless during said fight he manages to get his hand on your holstered gun with one of his limp-wristed hands. Anyway, I remember Mas Ayoob once saying something like, "I've lost count of the number of times I've seen boxers and street brawlers knock the crap out of a fancy-pants karate jock." Overconfidence has hurt or killed many.

    Best thing is to avoid fistfights. If a guy wants to fistfight me, I'll just walk away. If he persists, he'll just get a face full of OC for his trouble, and I'll call the cops and press charges.
    Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

    Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

    All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

  6. #6
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    The guy with the baseball bat (about half way through the clip) looks like he'd been at batting practice with the pros!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
    Anyway, I remember Mas Ayoob once saying something like, "I've lost count of the number of times I've seen boxers and street brawlers knock the crap out of a fancy-pants karate jock."
    I'm much more of a street brawler than a karate jock. Muay Thai and BJJ fall into the brawler category, but add a bit of class. Especially since most fights involve grabbing one another (inside fighting where Muay Thai is king), and probably 90% of fights hit the ground, which is what BJJ trains you to excel at. I box and kickbox as well, so if the guy stays in my outside range, I'll have a few things to throw at him as well.

    What's an OC?

  8. #8
    jblaze725 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    85
    That was a feel good video if I ever saw one.

  9. #9
    Old Padawan's Avatar
    Old Padawan is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by fivehourfrenzy View Post
    What's an OC?
    OC = PEPPER SPRAY.

    I took Shito Ryu for 5 years, Wing Chun for 1 year, and Jeet Kun Do for a couple of years. I tossed in various other disiplines (weapons) along the way.

    "If a guy wants to fistfight me, I'll just walk away. If he persists, he'll just get a face full of OC for his trouble, and I'll call the cops and press
    charges" +1
    "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain

  10. #10
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
    Well, unless during said fight he manages to get his hand on your holstered gun with one of his limp-wristed hands. Anyway, I remember Mas Ayoob once saying something like, "I've lost count of the number of times I've seen boxers and street brawlers knock the crap out of a fancy-pants karate jock." Overconfidence has hurt or killed many.

    Best thing is to avoid fistfights. If a guy wants to fistfight me, I'll just walk away. If he persists, he'll just get a face full of OC for his trouble, and I'll call the cops and press charges.
    It takes more of a man to walk away than fight. That said, I would fight if needed to protect me and my own. Jukitsu guy here. I'm better on the ground than standing up. My legs are too short to kick effectively.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    It takes more of a man to walk away than fight. That said, I would fight if needed to protect me and my own. Jukitsu guy here. I'm better on the ground than standing up. My legs are too short to kick effectively.
    If someone attacks you for whatever reason, there's no walking away. You can run, or turn around and fight back. I choose the latter. If someone's running their mouth and trying to get you to initiate contact, that's a different story.

    I have long arms and long legs. Being that I played soccer for 14 years and kicked football for four, my leg-eye coordination is top notch, and I have the nastiest kicks you'll ever see.

  12. #12
    Mike Barham's Avatar
    Mike Barham is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona, baby!
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by fivehourfrenzy View Post
    I have the nastiest kicks you'll ever see.
    And a pretty high opinion of yourself. But there's always a guy who is a better/stronger/tougher/whatever, than you.

    I dunno. If we stay out of rough bars, don't run our mouths, and mind our business, the chances of getting in a fistfight as an adult are pretty minimal. Then again, I don't host drunken parties with strangers in my house.
    Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

    Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

    All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
    And a pretty high opinion of yourself. But there's always a guy who is a better/stronger/tougher/whatever, than you.

    I dunno. If we stay out of rough bars, don't run our mouths, and mind our business, the chances of getting in a fistfight as an adult are pretty minimal. Then again, I don't host drunken parties with strangers in my house.
    There's not always a guy who is crazier than me. Unlike most people, I enjoy pain...a lot.

    I've asked a few people their opinions of starting a fight. A guy I work with has a strong belief that starting a fight with the average, heterosexual male is quite easy. However, watch Fight Club. I realize it's just a movie, but I think the take on starting a fight is pretty realistic with the general population. Granted, I don't start fights. If someone swings first, then I'm just defending myself.

    I think, however, if someone knows you carry, they will be pretty reluctant to start any kind of bout with you. Even if I was a half-witted, street-tough raging badass that beat the crap out of anyone that looked at me the wrong way, I wouldn't go starting sh*t with anyone that had a gun on them. But all that's kind of irrelevant as "concealed carry" instills concealment.

  14. #14
    soldierboy029's Avatar
    soldierboy029 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prescott, Az
    Posts
    45
    The number one thing in self defense is being aware of your surroundings. You should be able to see threats before they happen, its not always possible in some cases but in most of my experiences I've seen the signs befire the event takes place. If you see the signs usually the best thing you can do is get away from the area and if other people are endangered call the police, (Now if other people are in immediate trouble its up to you if you want to get involved or not, you are legally entitled to, but not obligated to). Every punch or bullet that you send downrange has a possible lawsuit attached to it these days, why endanger yourself, physically or legally if you don't have to. Now in instances where you have no choice, I fully agree in defending yourself in anyway necessary until the threat is no more, but I highly discourage going out and looking for trouble. It all comes down to not making yourself a victim, if you know theres going to be trouble somewhere just don't go unless you accept the risks.

  15. #15
    john doe. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,850
    Like Mike said, I'm not in places in which a threat like that may happen. I'm not a bar guy et. ya, it could happen in public but it never has with me.

  16. #16
    Mike Barham's Avatar
    Mike Barham is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona, baby!
    Posts
    5,081
    I'm sure starting a fight is easy, but of course it's illegal and stupid in the extreme. We're the good guys here, not the criminals or the nut cases depicted in Fight Club.

    The First Rule of HandgunForum is: we don't talk about breaking the law.
    Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

    Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

    All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
    I'm sure starting a fight is easy, but of course it's illegal and stupid in the extreme. We're the good guys here, not the criminals or the nut cases depicted in Fight Club.

    The First Rule of HandgunForum is: we don't talk about breaking the law.
    I dunno if it's easy or not. I've never tried and I don't intend to. The first rule of martial arts is you don't train in a lethal art of fighting to go out, start fghts, and show off. You only use them in a last resort or in competition, and by the rules.

  18. #18
    Charlie's Avatar
    Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by tnoisaw View Post
    Like Mike said, I'm not in places in which a threat like that may happen. I'm not a bar guy et. ya, it could happen in public but it never has with me.
    Same for me. A good rule of thumb is never to start a fight, only finish them.

  19. #19
    dallaswood43 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    38
    dude fivehourfrenzy i guarantee you even the baddest mother on the planet can lose. in bare fisted fights a good undeflected shot to the jaw/temple will knock you out. there's no way in the gym to work out your brain-bouncing-off-the-skull so i won't go unconscious muscle. it's best to just avoid fights in an uncontrolled environment. here in salt lake city we have amateur mma fights that people can sign up for with medical staff on hand and referees so its legit and a lot safer. you should do something like that to try out your skills.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by dallaswood43 View Post
    dude fivehourfrenzy i guarantee you even the baddest mother on the planet can lose. in bare fisted fights a good undeflected shot to the jaw/temple will knock you out. there's no way in the gym to work out your brain-bouncing-off-the-skull so i won't go unconscious muscle. it's best to just avoid fights in an uncontrolled environment. here in salt lake city we have amateur mma fights that people can sign up for with medical staff on hand and referees so its legit and a lot safer. you should do something like that to try out your skills.
    I'm not saying I'm invincible. But I can hold my own in a fight. Professional MMA is something I've considered for awhile. We have one of the best training facilities on this side of the country right here in Lexington, and if I had the time, I'd be there five days a week. But for now I'm focusing on really pulling my GPA up, and I work all day Saturday and Sunday. I have plenty of friends I train with who do amatuer and pro/am that try to get me to go in on the fight cards, but it's just not something I have time for. Also, much of my training is lethal self-defense...something that's not allowed in the cage, and if someone punches me, I tend to lose my temper a bit. Yes, in a fight, anyone can win, and anyone can lose. Avoiding fights IS by far the best thing to do when there's nobody to stop it once it's gone too far, or to keep others from jumping in. But if someone starts the fight and has you cornered, you don't have much of a choice. In essence, a simple kick to the groin, strike to the larynx, stiff-leg to the side of the knee, etc. will end a fight pretty quickly, and a lot of my training involves self-defense when you have no other way to turn. Which I think is good, as it's self-defense training, not go start fights and beat people up training. There are plenty of more mature ways to settle things than fight, but if you're backed up and don't have anywhere else to turn, knowing how to incapacitate someone within a split second is a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •