Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751

    Well he finally said it...


  2. #2
    hud35500's Avatar
    hud35500 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    467
    While he can accomplish some things through executive action, banning "assault weapons", isn't one of them. I doubt he could touch "hi-cap" magazines either. These would require congressional approval. The antis can talk trash and demonize us gun owners, but they don't have enough support to push this kind of legislation through congress or even the senate. The fight is far from over, so we need to keep up the pressure on our elected officials if we want to win this. I also urge every gun owner to join the NRA and Gun Owner of America. With over 100 million gun owners in this country, we could stop the antis for good if we were unified.

  3. #3
    Harryball's Avatar
    Harryball is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    352
    [/sarcasm] Our king has spoken. Now get on your knees and kiss his ring. What he can do for us as president, is good for us. We need to accept this fact. His good heart and strong reading skills makes him the best king of king. He only wants commons sense laws put into place. [/sarcasm]

    Personally, I am tired of being told I am a bad person for wanting to be free, and I am even a worse person for owning firearms.....God, family, country....

  4. #4
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Well he finally said it...

    Quote Originally Posted by hud35500 View Post
    While he can accomplish some things through executive action, banning "assault weapons", isn't one of them. I doubt he could touch "hi-cap" magazines either. These would require congressional approval. The antis can talk trash and demonize us gun owners, but they don't have enough support to push this kind of legislation through congress or even the senate. The fight is far from over, so we need to keep up the pressure on our elected officials if we want to win this. I also urge every gun owner to join the NRA and Gun Owner of America. With over 100 million gun owners in this country, we could stop the antis for good if we were unified.
    Just what we were told in NY aboit Cuombergs Bill.

  5. #5
    usmcj's Avatar
    usmcj is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    403
    GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control

    Read more: GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control | The Daily Caller

  6. #6
    usmcj's Avatar
    usmcj is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by niadhf View Post
    Just what we were told in NY aboit Cuombergs Bill.
    ...and somehow, Cuomoberg got voted back into office....

    Senator Lugar from Indiana began turning on gun owners a few years ago. Gun owners led the movement to replace him, and got it done. No disrespect intended, but the NY elite didn't install themselves, they were voted in, and the solution that problem lies with the people of New York.

  7. #7
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Well he finally said it...

    Quote Originally Posted by usmcj View Post
    ...and somehow, Cuomoberg got voted back into office....

    Senator Lugar from Indiana began turning on gun owners a few years ago. Gun owners led the movement to replace him, and got it done. No disrespect intended, but the NY elite didn't install themselves, they were voted in, and the solution that problem lies with the people of New York.
    My point is, it wont stop in NY. Cuomberg got the NYC vote. Downstate controls the state due to population.
    Think it can't happen elsewhere?
    I have voted against the "NY Elite" for 16 years (i lived just across the border before that).
    How has that worked out?
    No offense, but this whole "it's yoir problwm, won't happen here" attitude (i have heard this on a number of other boards) is called divide and conquer.
    FyI, my state senator was on of the 18 opposers

  8. #8
    usmcj's Avatar
    usmcj is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by niadhf View Post
    No offense, but this whole "it's yoir problwm, won't happen here" attitude (i have heard this on a number of other boards) is called divide and conquer.
    FyI, my state senator was on of the 18 opposers
    It's not divide and conquer, it's "get active and work to get the rest of your state in line." Waiting for someone else to do something is what got us into this mess as it is. Notice I said "US"... not only you. You do the beast you can with what you've got. That includes deciding what to do when your back gets shoved up against the wall. The impetus to replace Lugar started in a little cafe.

    You call it what you will, but do about it what you can.

  9. #9
    usmcj's Avatar
    usmcj is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    403
    Sir... I really try not to pose a problem without at least trying to suggest a possible solution.

    Referencing the recent New York gun laws, I ran across this post from an attorney in western NY. I don't want to violate any forum rules, but I'm not sure how else to get the information over here.

    I'm going to post a link to another site, and the attorney's post is the first one.

    Governor Cuomo's Ban Is Unconstitutional

  10. #10
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,196

    Well he finally said it...

    I have been waiting for no one. I have contacted a lawyer about this.
    However, I also see this as happening elsewhere. And I see way to many "glad I am not there, it won't work here" posts

    Sorry. Divide and conquer.

  11. #11
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,196

    Well he finally said it...

    Usmjc,
    Already contacted said lawyer (4 hours ago. I just read this poat)And thank you for the post.

  12. #12
    niadhf's Avatar
    niadhf is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rural New York
    Posts
    1,196

    Well he finally said it...

    Oh, and don't call me sir, I work for a living! (Yes, this is meant as a joke)

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1