Every gun owner should do some of the following, but the more the better:
1) Write your state and federal representatives, stating that you are a gun owner that lives and votes in their jurisdiction and you support 2A rights
2) When anti-2A legislation is proposed and/or being voted on...call those same people
3) Join multiple pro-2A groups (NRA, GOA, NSSF, SAF, state orgs, locals orgs, etc)
4) Attend pro-2A rallies (Nutnfancy is rallying for state capitol marches on Jan 19th)
The rest requires more effort and is a long term strategy, but it is the difference between winning battles versus winning the war.
- Be sufficiently educated about the 2A that you are able to defend it as an individual right, instituted for protection against tyranny, in a debate with an anti-2Aer or someone on the fence (this should include reading the actual Heller decision)
- Ditto with crime statistics and studies that analyze crime statistics in the context of gun laws throughout the world, i.e. John Lott's work but there's lots more
- Support educating kids about guns starting with safety and responsible ownership. This is the #1 thing any of us can do for the survival of the 2A long term. As they say, the children are our future...
- Try to convert a fence sitter, i.e. take a gun virgin/fence-sitter to the range. Teach them how fun it is, that it need not be intimidating, and show them how seriously we take safety.
Get to work everybody and Thanks to all!