Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,611
    deleted due to duplication

  2. #22
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas View Post
    Please don't mis-understand my stance on this, I agree with everyone here that we have the right to bear arms. But, think this through once. If someone honestly came knocking at your door, and stated they were here by instructions from the U.S. government to confiscate any of your weapons, do you really think you'll have an opportunity, or the balls to just open fire on them? Have you thought about what would happen next? Now, you would not only have lost any possible right to have a weapon, but you've also lost your right to live in society. I know, I know, who wants to live in a society where you can't protect yourself, right? But, you'd rather be in prison? If you think you've lost rights when they take away guns, wait until you're in prison. I know it's fun to say, "they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand", but at some point, you have to be realistic about whether you're going to shoot someone for knocking on your door and asking for your guns.
    People, we have no rights really. We do, until they decide to take them away from you. Then they're gone. It's a man made thing, these rights. And rights are never taken away all at once. They chip away at them. Make it harder and harder for you to exercise your rights, until some point you give up because it's just too expensive, too much of a hassle, or both.

    I"m not trying to sound like someone who's in favor of having the 2nd amendment taken away, but I have to stay realistic. If that day ever comes, I'm certainly not going to prison because I shot someone taking my gun away. I'd probably give up my gun, then buy another on a black market.
    Your points are well taken and I suspect you are pretty much correct in many of them. However, there would be people banning together, fully armed, to resist this unconstitutional intrusion. Imagine a few hundred well armed citizens drawing a line against twenty or thirty local and/or state police. Do you think the police are going to open fire on these people? And if they do, what do you think the people would do? Take a look at what happened in Athens, Georgia in 1946 for example.

    I contend that a heck of a lot of police will refuse to carry out any such orders and the same goes for military personnel (but they can't be used anyway - right??). There would be some who would carry out illegal orders such as this but once large pockets of resistance sprung up and shooting started, they may dissolve any sort of disarming ideas.

    Any way you look at it, it would be a messy affair and you can bet it would get bloody. I seriously doubt we are going to see confiscation starting up but nothing would surprise me. I think they know that trying something like this would be a bad mistake.

  3. #23
    Haas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    119
    Imagine a few hundred well armed citizens drawing a line against twenty or thirty local and/or state police. Do you think the police are going to open fire on these people? And if they do, what do you think the people would do? Take a look at what happened in Athens, Georgia in 1946 for example.
    I understand what you're saying. Now, let's go the next step. Or better yet, let's skip right to the endgame. Basically, you've got a well trained and well equipped military with planes, helicopters, bombs, and every weapon imaginable at their disposal, against civilians with some rifles and hand guns. I just wouldn't see it going well for the general public. Yes, it would be illegal for them to use the military, but who's to stop them? Remember, this would be a government that is already trying to eradicate the second amendment, so they don't care what's legal or not.

    I dunno, I'm not trying to argue, just talking it out, and thinking it through. Let's just hope it never reaches that point. I kinda doubt it ever would, at least in my lifetime. The type of guns we can own will probably get smaller and smaller, but not taken away completely.

  4. #24
    swany66675's Avatar
    swany66675 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    65

    Re: How to ban guns.

    They couldn't use the military, it would be at worst house to house fighting. Couldn't drop bombs first one that land on the militia members beside the daycare and the people that dislike gun would start to understand what they asked for.

  5. #25
    Haas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    119
    One way or another, they will get your gun.


    A good article, while we're on this subject....

    Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

  6. #26
    Smitty79's Avatar
    Smitty79 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    340
    Personally, I think it's a longer more insidious plan. When I was a kid, every dad on the street had served in the military and was familiar with firearms. Today, most people seem to be afraid of them and the liberal media seems to encourage that position. It is part of the "sissification" of each successive generation. We don't allow kids to compete anymore. It's all about feelings. People who are all about feelings, feel that guns are somehow evil and that they don't need them to defend themselves because "bad guys" just need to be understood.

    Eventually, we will all be such wimps that no one would want to use a gun to defend themselves and the anti-gun folks will get their confiscation. About 2 days later, the few remaining "wolves" in society will set themselves up as petty warlords because even our military and police will be to weak to fight back.

    Yup, kids get hurt playing football. But the society is better for our children learning to compete. Yup people are killed or hurt by people with guns. But as Lapierre said, the only way to stop bad people with guns is with good people with guns.

  7. #27
    Haas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty79 View Post
    Personally, I think it's a longer more insidious plan. When I was a kid, every dad on the street had served in the military and was familiar with firearms. Today, most people seem to be afraid of them and the liberal media seems to encourage that position. It is part of the "sissification" of each successive generation. We don't allow kids to compete anymore. It's all about feelings. People who are all about feelings, feel that guns are somehow evil and that they don't need them to defend themselves because "bad guys" just need to be understood.

    Eventually, we will all be such wimps that no one would want to use a gun to defend themselves and the anti-gun folks will get their confiscation. About 2 days later, the few remaining "wolves" in society will set themselves up as petty warlords because even our military and police will be to weak to fight back.

    Yup, kids get hurt playing football. But the society is better for our children learning to compete. Yup people are killed or hurt by people with guns. But as Lapierre said, the only way to stop bad people with guns is with good people with guns.
    I hear ya on the point about the kids. I have a nephew who cannot understand why ANYONE in the general public needs to have a gun. For Pete's sake, don't they teach history in school anymore?

  8. #28
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas View Post
    One way or another, they will get your gun.


    A good article, while we're on this subject....

    Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters
    If something like what is described in the article you posted came to pass, I suspect the supreme court would convene in an emergency session and rule that actions like this would be unconstitutional and that they must cease immediately. How and where it goes from there is anybody's guess.

  9. #29
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas View Post
    I understand what you're saying. Now, let's go the next step. Or better yet, let's skip right to the endgame. Basically, you've got a well trained and well equipped military with planes, helicopters, bombs, and every weapon imaginable at their disposal, against civilians with some rifles and hand guns. I just wouldn't see it going well for the general public. Yes, it would be illegal for them to use the military, but who's to stop them? Remember, this would be a government that is already trying to eradicate the second amendment, so they don't care what's legal or not.

    I dunno, I'm not trying to argue, just talking it out, and thinking it through. Let's just hope it never reaches that point. I kinda doubt it ever would, at least in my lifetime. The type of guns we can own will probably get smaller and smaller, but not taken away completely.
    The problem with the military using helicopters, maybe tanks, and planes is this. Those devices are manned by personnel. I'm quite sure some or maybe a lot of them are going to stop and think that if this is happening where they are, what is going on in their home towns to their families, neighbors, and friends? There will be a lot of military people, officers and the rank and file, refusing to carry out these orders. Some will for sure, but I would bet more wouldn't.

    The thing is we ARE playing guessing games with all of this and as such, we really don't know what would take place if orders were given to commence confiscation. I just hope like hell we never see it happen.

  10. #30
    Haas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    119
    Yeah, it's just a "what if" scenario. I wasn't trying to say they would actuall use tanks, bombs, planes, etc. just pointing out that they have been in the business of war, and self defense for a long time, and are experts at it. Even a well armed militia wouldn't stand much of a chance if the U.S. military came into play.

  11. #31
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas View Post
    Knowing our government, they'd call that "creating jobs".
    Exactly not to mention have you seen what your local PD does these days, don't get me wrong they do solve and prevent crime, but I'd day most of their day goes towards writing tickets anyways. Gun confiscation seems more lucrative then that...

  12. #32
    celt is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chillicothe Illinois
    Posts
    46
    Sounds like your just trying to plant the seed if doubt to me. When you talk to people like you are now weather you know it or not you are swaying their beliefs. I will not give them up. I will not cower the corner. That will just be the beginning of a long dark time for us. This country was bought and paid for in blood. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. I am not a pessimist, just a realist. United we stand divided we fall....it its no longer"we the people". Over 90 new laws have been passed since the election. Can anyone (without google) tell me what they are or what they pertain to?

  13. #33
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,611
    The really interesting thing in what we are seeing and what may or may not take place is this. The spark which ignited the American Revolution was.... gun control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

does the government take your guns with a gun ban??
,
guns care what's legal
,

how to ban guns

,
military process confiscate guns
,
people using guns to stop bad guys
,
what guns are the government really going to ban
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1