Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Election

  1. #1
    berettabone is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,366

    Election

    As most of you know, we have an election coming up real soon...no matter what your political affiliation is, or who your voting for, I would ask that you take some time to consider the possible ramifications, that could occur, with firearms, firearm owners, and manufacturers, in the future... It could be one of the most important Presidential elections in history, not only with firearms, but our future as a whole.

  2. #2
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,152
    Yes sir, you've got that right. I've been through a lot of national elections but I have to say that for once, the idiom of "this may be the most important election in your lifetime" is true in this one. And you're right that it's so much more than a single issue election (as in gun rights). The very fundamental core of our republic is at stake.

  3. #3
    denner's Avatar
    denner is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,927
    Yes indeed, a lame duck re-elected president has nothing to lose and will push a fringe agenda that he would not have even contemplated in his first term for political reasons. If the Obamanation is re-elected he will surely push for restricted gun rights.
    Last edited by denner; 10-18-2012 at 12:56 AM.

  4. #4
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751
    Both Obama and Romney are for stricter gun laws (the plan is to disarm American citizens if you didn't know). These days people are down right scared of guns and everyday the media trys to instill more fear in citizens about guns. Everyone in Iowa I know are very uncomfortable around guns and even on the subject.

    On Romney,
    Mass has some bogus gun laws, and Romney hasn't tried to make them any easier. He's flip flopped on the gun issue, proving to me he is a liar in line with same corrupt politicians we vote in every four years.

    And Obama can go get stuffed too. Excuse my language... Lot of passion in this!

    Stay in on election day, unless you want to vote for Gary Johnson (or isn't Ron Paul still on the ballot?). I like Gary and Ron, but the American people aren't smart enough to think for themselves yet. Still get their news from CNN and Fox news. Ron and Gary have no chance so its a waste of gas. Hoping for Jesse Ventura in 2016, boy that would be a treat!!!

    George Washington is kicking himself in his grave. He said it plain and clear "No Political Parties!" The only and last president to not be affiliated with any

  5. #5
    denner's Avatar
    denner is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,927
    Well you have a choice, ones a republican, the other a democrat. Ask yourself from which party the anti-gun activist support and from which party do most if not all anti-gun politicians reside? Romney's not that stupid if elected as a first term president. As I've stated a second term anti-gun president is the one to watch out for. Romney will be too busy trying to fix other more pressing matters, a re-elected obamanation not so much. If the obamanation gets re-elected come back to this post 4 years from now so i can say i told you so.

  6. #6
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeleinen1 View Post
    Both Obama and Romney are for stricter gun laws (the plan is to disarm American citizens if you didn't know). These days people are down right scared of guns and everyday the media trys to instill more fear in citizens about guns. Everyone in Iowa I know are very uncomfortable around guns and even on the subject.

    On Romney,
    Mass has some bogus gun laws, and Romney hasn't tried to make them any easier. He's flip flopped on the gun issue, proving to me he is a liar in line with same corrupt politicians we vote in every four years.

    And Obama can go get stuffed too. Excuse my language... Lot of passion in this!

    Stay in on election day, unless you want to vote for Gary Johnson (or isn't Ron Paul still on the ballot?). I like Gary and Ron, but the American people aren't smart enough to think for themselves yet. Still get their news from CNN and Fox news. Ron and Gary have no chance so its a waste of gas. Hoping for Jesse Ventura in 2016, boy that would be a treat!!!

    George Washington is kicking himself in his grave. He said it plain and clear "No Political Parties!" The only and last president to not be affiliated with any
    That may be true for your state, but I can tell you we just don't see that here in the South (I'm in Virginia). Guns are a very strong and long-standing part of Southern culture and we intend to keep it that way.

  7. #7
    berettabone is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,366
    Your correct, as far as Mass. gun laws, but Governors do not have total control in their state......apparently, the people of Mass. haven't been screaming loudly enough, to their politicians. It is too bad, that the American people only get two choices on election day. We don't have much control over what the liberal media has to say about firearms. But, when given the two choices available in this current election, would you rather have bad or worse?
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeleinen1 View Post
    Both Obama and Romney are for stricter gun laws (the plan is to disarm American citizens if you didn't know). These days people are down right scared of guns and everyday the media trys to instill more fear in citizens about guns. Everyone in Iowa I know are very uncomfortable around guns and even on the subject.

    On Romney,
    Mass has some bogus gun laws, and Romney hasn't tried to make them any easier. He's flip flopped on the gun issue, proving to me he is a liar in line with same corrupt politicians we vote in every four years.

    And Obama can go get stuffed too. Excuse my language... Lot of passion in this!

    Stay in on election day, unless you want to vote for Gary Johnson (or isn't Ron Paul still on the ballot?). I like Gary and Ron, but the American people aren't smart enough to think for themselves yet. Still get their news from CNN and Fox news. Ron and Gary have no chance so its a waste of gas. Hoping for Jesse Ventura in 2016, boy that would be a treat!!!

    George Washington is kicking himself in his grave. He said it plain and clear "No Political Parties!" The only and last president to not be affiliated with any

  8. #8
    goNYG's Avatar
    goNYG is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    175
    I've heard and read all of the moaning and groaning by the 2A and RKBA community about Romney's gun bona fides and his record may not be great in that respect, but I can tell you this, the likelihood that our gun laws will get worse with Romney in the WH are small and may in fact be zero. And that is the key question to ask yourself: "What is the probability of more gun control/infringement of 2A rights under Romney?" and "What is the probability of more gun control/infringement of 2A rights under Obama 2.0?"

    Then, which probability are you willing to live with given all else that you value or consider important?

    For me, the probability under Romney is 0-15%, under Obama 2.0 it's 50-70%. At least as far as RKBA is concerned, it's a no brainer.

    Oh, and if you agree with me, don't sit on your ass...VOTE!

  9. #9
    Harryball's Avatar
    Harryball is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    352
    Its the SCOTUS appointments that worry me.

  10. #10
    denner's Avatar
    denner is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,927
    Very, very good observations from the post's above. Remember, United we Stand, Divided we Fall. A quote as relevant today as it was over 200 years ago. And a 2nd amendment which is as relevant today as it was 200 years ago.

  11. #11
    rex
    rex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,265
    Wasn't Romney a Dem and switched?Either way it's a lesser of 2 P'sOS.

    From what I heard and haven't confirmed,OBummer said he'll go for another AW ban to follow in Clinton's footsteps.I'm not going to look it up because I know he will come unglued if re-elected knowing he can't run again and gets an income and medical off us.He will also have up to 4 Supreme Court justices to appoint,and guess where that's going to go.

    Romney is hard to say,but I think we'll pretty much havce the same as now-someone blowing smoke up our ass and doing nothing.I hope he doesn't do the damage the present Socialist puke has done.

    I'm not voting for Romney per se,but the only way I'd ever vote for OBummer is if it was for an office in a cartoon.

  12. #12
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    That may be true for your state, but I can tell you we just don't see that here in the South (I'm in Virginia). Guns are a very strong and long-standing part of Southern culture and we intend to keep it that way.
    That sounds lovely, I live in Iowa and honestly I hate it here, always have. I'm on my last year of school, I graduate in summer and am moving as far away as I can! I'd love to live in an area where people love guns and dont buy into this crap that only psychos and terrorists own them.

  13. #13
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Your correct, as far as Mass. gun laws, but Governors do not have total control in their state......apparently, the people of Mass. haven't been screaming loudly enough, to their politicians. It is too bad, that the American people only get two choices on election day. We don't have much control over what the liberal media has to say about firearms. But, when given the two choices available in this current election, would you rather have bad or worse?
    Look at a history of Romney's beliefs. He does not support the NRA, or rather he has a history of radical disagreement with them.

    Mitt Romney on Gun Control

  14. #14
    Reddog1's Avatar
    Reddog1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia USA
    Posts
    48
    On gun control, it is a choice of the lesser of two evils in this election. Obama is the anti-christ when it comes to guns. Romney will be a "live and let live" guy on guns I think. He won't go after the 2nd Ammendment like Obama will. He's a moderate and moderates don't push the issue.

  15. #15
    SouthernBoy's Avatar
    SouthernBoy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Va
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeleinen1 View Post
    That sounds lovely, I live in Iowa and honestly I hate it here, always have. I'm on my last year of school, I graduate in summer and am moving as far away as I can! I'd love to live in an area where people love guns and dont buy into this crap that only psychos and terrorists own them.
    I'm sorry to hear of your predicament in Iowa. About 2+ years ago, I ran across an elderly couple from Iowa in a local grocery store. I was open carrying and the man stopped and asked me some questions. He did make a comment or two about "carrying a firearm like that", but he wasn't nasty. He seemed to be uneasy and didn't know we could do this.

    You will find a number of places across the nation where firearms are an honored tradition and I hope you locate a place where you will be happy. Don't give up. And hey, why not Virginia. As long as you are willing to adopt our culture and traditions, you're welcome aboard.

  16. #16
    jakeleinen1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your predicament in Iowa. About 2+ years ago, I ran across an elderly couple from Iowa in a local grocery store. I was open carrying and the man stopped and asked me some questions. He did make a comment or two about "carrying a firearm like that", but he wasn't nasty. He seemed to be uneasy and didn't know we could do this.

    You will find a number of places across the nation where firearms are an honored tradition and I hope you locate a place where you will be happy. Don't give up. And hey, why not Virginia. As long as you are willing to adopt our culture and traditions, you're welcome aboard.
    Haha, Thank you! on my trip to Washington DC acouple years ago we left early to go to Virginia, we ended up at Virginia beach and some other nice places. Beautiful state you have there. Sounds legit to me lol, I was planning on Texas but I went down there and just so so for me.

  17. #17
    chessail77's Avatar
    chessail77 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    White Mtns. in AZ
    Posts
    1,349
    Simply put, like it or not ...stay at home, or a vote for any other candidate than Romney is a vote for Obama and he will be an even worse disaster for this country if he gets a second term.....JJ

  18. #18
    redtail is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire foothills
    Posts
    10
    Ok, first of all, please don't take this wrong, don't attack me. I am the messenger.

    Obama has suggested that there ought to be more gun laws, in so many words, on many occasions. But as our President, he has signed 2 gun laws: 1 allowing guns in our national parks, and another allowing guns on trains.
    Romney, as the Governor of Massachusetts, signed the State assault weapons ban in to permanent law.

    So, if you're voting for Romney because you have some sort of idea that he is more likely to support our 2A rights, you need to rethink that stance. I don't care what Romney says, he says a lot of things that aren't true. The fact is, relative of to 2A rights, we don't have a good choice in this election. The Republican party used to be our friend, but not any longer. Bush2 publicly stated he would sign a renewal on the assault weapons ban if it reached his desk. It never happened, so we don't know if he was bluffing or not, but I don't think he was.
    I am a life NRA member, their endorsement of Romney is more than a little pathetic. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if all these PACs started endorsing "none of the above".

    A little fodder:

    http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-...theater-2012-7

  19. #19
    Tip
    Tip is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    76

    Election

    Look @ laws in Illinois and tell me you really trust a Chicago politician when it comes to gun laws.
    I'd advise against basing a position on only a couple of isolated instances.

    Neither choice is good but the platform messages from one party are clearly much more tolerable than the other.

  20. #20
    redtail is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire foothills
    Posts
    10
    Tip

    Nowhere in my post does it say I trust Obama. All I did was present facts. I don't understand why you would draw that sort of conclusion.

    Clearly much more tolerable, well thats debatable. In increasing numbers, republicans are selling us out. It's been going on for about 20 years now. Nothing about Republicans preserving our rights is "clear" any longer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •