Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    truman565 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    121
    Maybe I am out of the loop here but my AL concealed carry permit says right on the back of it " Your pistol license does not allow you to carry a pistol in any place that serves alcohol or while you are drinking or using any illegal drug." The permit is less than a year old so either they have changed that law or that map at the beginning of the thread is out of date. Which one is it? Thanks.

  2. Ads
  3. #27
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,495
    Move to a different County...

    from www.handgunlaw.us

    Note: Sheriffs in Alabama can and do put other restrictions on the permit holders they issue to. Do be
    aware of any of those restrictions that may be on your permit/license to carry. Carrying where alcohol is
    served or consuming alcohol while carrying is one I have seen on more than one Alabama Sheriffs web site
    that adds these restrictions. Government buildings are another restricted item they add. Most state City,
    County and State Government Buildings are off limits. Again do be aware of any restriction on your
    permit/license.These restrictions if noted on the permit/license would be in effect in any other county in
    Alabama you would visit. When going out of state and carrying on an Alabama permit/license that Alabama
    honors you must go by the laws of the state you are in.
    If it is on your permit not to then you can't, but there is no State Statute the prohibits it.
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  4. #28
    truman565 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce333 View Post
    Move to a different County...
    Thanks for the info Bruce. I live in Tuscaloosa county which is the home of The University of Alabama which I assume has something to do with the no carry in bars rule. We have been known as a drinking town with a football problem . ROLL TIDE!

  5. #29
    Armybrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by clanger View Post
    Help a clueless brother out .... what's the 51 rule?

    Here in Texas the "51 Rule" means no CHL carry in a restaurant/bar estabishment that derives 51% or more of it's revenue from alcoholic drinks. It does not include liquor stores.

  6. #30
    johnr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    piedemont triad area nc
    Posts
    140
    I just finished the required CC class so this is fresh on my memory.

    In NC you cannot CC anywhere alcohol is sold and consumed (critical part is the and).

    The next statute that is also critical is: you cannot CC AFTER consuming alcohol!

    the second part is absolute, get caught and you will loose your right to CC in NC.

    YMMV
    John

  7. #31
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr View Post
    I just finished the required CC class so this is fresh on my memory.

    In NC you cannot CC anywhere alcohol is sold and consumed (critical part is the and).
    actually the way it is written is a flat out ban on being in possession of any firearm where alcohol is sold and consumed...the Statute doesn't just prohibit concealed carry... it prohibits open carry as well.
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  8. #32
    Mdnitedrftr's Avatar
    Mdnitedrftr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    So far, I've only encountered one here and that was Buffalo Wild Wings. I think this is a pretty common place to have a sign from what I've heard. Needless to say, I don't go there anymore.
    I wonder if thats a rule put in place by indivdual owner/managers. The BWW near me doesnt have one of those signs.

  9. #33
    Ryan92631043's Avatar
    Ryan92631043 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    I about choaked when I read this in the paper. Thats all TN needs is a bunch of trigger happy drunks around. Like the violence isn't bad enough here.

  10. #34
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan92631043 View Post
    I about choaked when I read this in the paper. Thats all TN needs is a bunch of trigger happy drunks around. Like the violence isn't bad enough here.
    ??? and that's the kind of attitude that keeps me from being able to go eat in a nice restaurant without worrying about having to leave my gun in the car.

    you do understand this doesn't allow you to drink and carry a gun...

    I really don't know what TN laws are, but here in NC it is illegal to have any firearm in your possession if you have any alcohol in your system at all, regardless of where you are.
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  11. #35
    Ryan92631043's Avatar
    Ryan92631043 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    passing a silly law like that is going to resort to more violence. Peroid! There is absolutely no reason to have a gun in an area where alcohol is served. Its just asking for trouble.

  12. #36
    kg333's Avatar
    kg333 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan92631043 View Post
    there is absolutely no reason to have a gun in an area where alcohol is served.
    I beg to disagree. I look across the street at two bars, and see reasons on a regular basis. I've also had drunks try to pick a fight with friends, and ended up calling the cops. If one pulled a weapon, or was big enough to do me serious hurt and showed intent to do so, I would like to have the ability to defend myself.

    KG

  13. #37
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan92631043 View Post
    passing a silly law like that is going to resort to more violence. Peroid! There is absolutely no reason to have a gun in an area where alcohol is served. Its just asking for trouble.


    Why stop at guns then? No having cars where alcohol is served! Too many DUI's! And let's serve drinks in paper cups, becuase people could use the glasses and bottles as weapons. No utensils either since a fork and knife are deadly. In fact, no credit or debit cards as they can be used as weapons too, just cash.

    For the most part, the guys that went through the trouble to get their CCW permits are not the ones who are going to shooting up the place. It's the assholes that don't bother to get the permits that carry whether legal or not, that you have to worry about.

  14. #38
    SaltyDog's Avatar
    SaltyDog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Ohio now has a Bill in Committee to revise the CCW legislation - House Bill 203 - which will allow CC in restaurants that serve alcohol. I'm keeping a close eye on it but I'm sure it will get passed.

    See thread Conceal Carry in restaurants Write your Senators

    You guys in NC are getting to be about the only ones left without it. Better get busy writing.

  15. #39
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
    You guys in NC are getting to be about the only ones left without it. Better get busy writing.
    keeps getting shot down in committee...Deborah Ross (D-Wake) and Ronnie Sutton (D-Hoke and Robeson) are the 2 most directly responsible for killing 6 out of 8 pro gun bills this session. There is already a movement afoot to find candidates to run against them next election.
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  16. #40
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    Being I live in a dry county in Ky I have not had a whole lot of info to draw on . I always knew that bars and package liquor stores were no no fly zones. Recently one county over in Pulaski Co Ky (Also dry) some of the cities have been using option elections to sell by the drink in certain restaurants and hotel dining rooms. Burnside Ky just south of Somerset passed it. Ky allows carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol but you can get your tit in a wringer as ol' Dad used to say if you are intoxicated and carrying in that restaurant. Being they lowered the level for DUI from .10 to .08 this poses a problem I would imagine for some. I'm only guessing but to be legally intoxicated I would imagine that it's the same for driving as it would be for any other situation that you are being charged with intoxication. I have not heard of any people getting arrested for possession of a firearm while intoxicated in one of these establishments but I do wonder if more are getting in trouble in other areas of the state or in any other states that allow carry in restaurants that serve. I've seen people arrested for carry while intoxicated but most of those were OC people and they were not coming from a restaurant. They most the time are coming back from a beer run

    I will be doing some research and will post what I find. At least around here the issue has not come up and in an area that posts both the court docket as well as the outcomes of those hearings in the local papers It shouldn't be all that hard to find.

  17. #41
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post


    Why stop at guns then? No having cars where alcohol is served! Too many DUI's! And let's serve drinks in paper cups, becuase people could use the glasses and bottles as weapons. No utensils either since a fork and knife are deadly. In fact, no credit or debit cards as they can be used as weapons too, just cash.

    For the most part, the guys that went through the trouble to get their CCW permits are not the ones who are going to shooting up the place. It's the assholes that don't bother to get the permits that carry whether legal or not, that you have to worry about.
    When I lived in Cincinnati Oh and was much younger and had a habit of frequenting bars and the like both for hanging out and playing music I've seen about everything in a bar that can possibly be used as a weapon. Towel racks, glasses/mugs, pool cues and the balls - both thrown and held in the hand t make a more solid fist. Tables, chairs, bottles...you name it. Drunk people are going to fight. Now in a restaurant where one is not as inclined to be hammered while eating dinner and wanting to fight I really don't see the issue. Bars I can understand why they want to keep guns out...To a point...Not that the law helps all that much depending on the bar that is But even the I can't remember any CCW holders being involved. I'm sure there have been but like you say, people going though the trouble to do it the right way are not usually as inclined to whip it out in a place no matter what is being served.

    If there is somewhere that does allow CCW holders to carry in a bar I'd like to see the stats on how many legally carrying people were involved in a shooting in a bar. Even in that environment I would think it would have to be pretty low.

    Last edited by DevilsJohnson; 08-08-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Added info

  18. #42
    Ryan92631043's Avatar
    Ryan92631043 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Its funny that alot of restaurant owners in TN seem to think its a bad iea as well. Linkey

  19. #43
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan92631043 View Post
    Its funny that alot of restaurant owners in TN seem to think its a bad iea as well. Linkey
    It is funny, since putting up the sign will keep the most law abiding of their customers from dining there. While the people illegally carrying concealed (no permit) will go right on in.

    This is very typical of what happens when a law like this changes things. People react as you did, "it's a bad idea", "we've got to stop this." Who are you stopping? The most law abiding people in your State? I haven't even had a traffic ticket in I don't know how long (25 years?).

    What exactly do you think could happen?
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  20. #44
    Ryan92631043's Avatar
    Ryan92631043 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Everyone is going to have their own opinion on this topic. I know there are alot of law abiding citizens with ccw's that would do the right thing and not drink in a restaurant if they were carrying, but there are alot of dumb people out there that would as well. Not everyone that has a ccw is a "Law abiding citizen". The simple fact is that allowing to carry in a place that also serves alcohol makes it that much more prone to something violent happening.

  21. #45
    bruce333's Avatar
    bruce333 is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wilson's Mills, NC
    Posts
    2,495
    so...why is it that 42 States allow this? Certainly if there was a problem we'd see laws changing to restrict carry not allow it.
    Everyone is going to have their own opinion on this topic.
    yup
    I know there are a lot of law abiding citizens with ccw's that would do the right thing and not drink in a restaurant if they were carrying, but there are alot of dumb people out there that would as well. Not everyone that has a ccw is a "Law abiding citizen"
    Can't argue with any of that. Plenty of idiots out there. But if we were to ban every thing where an idiot might cause some injury, we wouldn't have much left to do.
    The simple fact is that allowing to carry in a place that also serves alcohol makes it that much more prone to something violent happening.
    What "facts" can you cite to back that up? or is this just your opinion again?
    Bruce, Life Member: NRA, NCRPA, GRNC, GOA

    Naval Air Museum Barbers Point

    "I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."--Jane Wagner
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    -Isaac Asimov

  22. #46
    js's Avatar
    js
    js is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan92631043 View Post
    that also serves alcohol makes it that much more prone to something violent happening.
    You mean like getting into a car after drinking and driving away after leaving a bar or restaurant ... only to kill an innocent victim or a whole family. This happens everyday.... let me repeat that for you... Happens every single day...

    Here are real numbers for you:

    http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-dr...tatistics.html

    I would say that about 99% of people who carry CCW and who have been through the whole process of obtaining their CCW are extremely more responsible than about 99.999999999999999999% of the "idiots" who drink... then get into a car a drive away.

    Now, I've lost 2 friends in the past due to drunk drivers... My friends were just minding their own business while driving...only to die violent deaths due to "idiots" who are allowed to go into a bar... drink...then drive home.

    So, from where I'm sitting... we should either ban cars... or close down places that serve alcohol. Because the two of them together are a deadly mix.

    Of course, this is just my opinion. I also have the opinion that if someone drinks and drives and causes harm to an innocent victim, they should be executed on the spot. Again, just my opinion.
    Last edited by js; 08-08-2009 at 10:04 PM.
    "bing bang boom! hair out...hamburger time" - William Murderface

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

alabama concealed carry restaurants

,
can ccw holders in nc go into restraunts that serve liquer
,
can i carry a concealed weapon in a restaurant that serves alcohol
,
can you carry concealed in restaurants that serve alcohol in ky
,
carry concelled in restant and bar in ky
,
ccw in retaurants where alcohol is served in alabama
,
ccw texas restaurants serve alcohol
,
concealed carry kentucky alcohol
,
florida cw in restaurants that serve alcohol
,

kentucky concealed carry restaurants

,
serving alcohol to people carrying fire arms in kentucky
,
www.northcarolinia ccw lawinresturants servingalchol.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.