Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Greetings!

  1. #1
    DjSaneR's Avatar
    DjSaneR is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Windsor, CT.
    Posts
    291

    Greetings!

    Looking forward to learning from you guys
    I'm from South Windsor.

    Nice to meet you all,
    Matt

  2. #2
    Wandering Man's Avatar
    Wandering Man is offline GM HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Posts
    2,121
    Welcome aboard.

    WM
    Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

  3. #3
    Baldy's Avatar
    Baldy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Port St.John,FL.
    Posts
    6,741
    Well DJ welcome from down in the swamps. Jump in and enjoy.

  4. #4
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    Hiya doing?

  5. #5
    P97
    P97 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    663
    Welcome !!!

  6. #6
    DjSaneR's Avatar
    DjSaneR is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Windsor, CT.
    Posts
    291
    Glad to be aboard!

    Anyone know when and where the next gun show will be? I'm interested in browsing and gaining more knowledge. I've gone to Hoffman's on the Berlin Turnpike. Being new to this I found they had a pretty wide selection, although I could be wrong. I would have had a better experience if I had my license so I could actually handle the guns.

    Another question. My CCW Class is on the 28th at Wolf's Range in Bristol. Once I complete the test and fill out the necessary forms with the police, generally, how long does it take for the background check and forms processing take before they issue me the license? I'm hoping to be legal by spring.

    Thanks,
    Matt

  7. #7
    Dstiebs's Avatar
    Dstiebs is offline Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern, CT
    Posts
    34
    Hi DjsaneR: I grew up in So. Windsor. I have a feeling we talked before on Bersa talk. I lived on Willow street. I live in Chaplin now. I moved out of So. Windsor 30 years ago when I about 22. I am fairly new to this site and go back an forth between Bersa talk and here. Later.

  8. #8
    Mdnitedrftr's Avatar
    Mdnitedrftr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSaneR View Post
    Glad to be aboard!

    Anyone know when and where the next gun show will be? I'm interested in browsing and gaining more knowledge. I've gone to Hoffman's on the Berlin Turnpike. Being new to this I found they had a pretty wide selection, although I could be wrong. I would have had a better experience if I had my license so I could actually handle the guns.

    Another question. My CCW Class is on the 28th at Wolf's Range in Bristol. Once I complete the test and fill out the necessary forms with the police, generally, how long does it take for the background check and forms processing take before they issue me the license? I'm hoping to be legal by spring.

    Thanks,
    Matt
    Hey Matt, welcome to the site, sorry I didnt respond sooner.

    Hoffmans is one of the better gun shops Ive been to in CT. Most of the guys are nice over there and very helpful. Although I did run into one of the salesmen who was dead set on selling me a Glock even though I told him numerous times that I didnt want one. I actually walked out of the store because he was so persistant about it, but Ive been back since and havent had a problem.

    As for your permit, you "should" have it by late March early April, (6-8 weeks) according to the state. I got my permit in a hair under 7 weeks when I sent mine in.

    And if you're still looking for a gun show, theres one next weekend actually 17-18th in Windsor at the Marriott

    http://www.bigalsshows.com/showinfo.htm

  9. #9
    DjSaneR's Avatar
    DjSaneR is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Windsor, CT.
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdnitedrftr View Post
    And if you're still looking for a gun show, theres one next weekend actually 17-18th in Windsor at the Marriotthttp://www.bigalsshows.com/showinfo.htm
    I'm going to check this one out this weekend. Not sure what day I'm going yet. You going?

  10. #10
    Mdnitedrftr's Avatar
    Mdnitedrftr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    494
    Most likely not. Im supposed to be going up to Boston with some friends to enjoy St. Patty's day.

  11. #11
    DjSaneR's Avatar
    DjSaneR is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Windsor, CT.
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdnitedrftr View Post
    Most likely not. Im supposed to be going up to Boston with some friends to enjoy St. Patty's day.
    Sux... It got canceled.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ct pistol permit how long bristol

Click on a term to search for related topics.