Tank Officers Model

    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      49

      Tank Officers Model

      Does anyone know anything (production numbers value etc..) about a 1911 Tank Officers Model? I can't find any info on it.

    2. #2
      Senior Member Bob Wright's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Memphis TN
      Posts
      1,569
      Quote Originally Posted by Too Slow '90 View Post
      Does anyone know anything (production numbers value etc..) about a 1911 Tank Officers Model? I can't find any info on it.
      I never even heard of a Tank Officers Model. All the .45s I ever encountered in the Army were either M1911 or M1911A1. And the FM for Pistols And Revolvers does not mention the existance of one.

      From whom did you get such information?

      Bob Wright

    3. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
      I never even heard of a Tank Officers Model. All the .45s I ever encountered in the Army were either M1911 or M1911A1. And the FM for Pistols And Revolvers does not mention the existance of one.

      From whom did you get such information?

      Bob Wright

      Bob,

      I saw it recently and can't find anyone who knows anything about them. The side is stamped "Tank Officers Model" and the serial number starts with TC. I assume for tank commander???

    4. #4
      41M
      41M is offline
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      2

      Tank Officer Model

      The Tank Officer was a special run, that if I recall was done for Bangers. I believe it was a run of 350 done around late 1990 or early 1991. It's an officer slide on a Gov't frame with a few extra features, such as lanyard loop, commander style hammer, nicer grips. Colt can provide a documentation letter for a fee.

    5. #5
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      49
      Thanks for the info. I may have to contact them seeing as I bought it.

    6. #6
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Kentucky
      Posts
      3,373
      ....And your camera is broke? that sucks!! I am sure you meant to post some pics

    7. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by DevilsJohnson View Post
      ....And your camera is broke? that sucks!! I am sure you meant to post some pics
      I am not sure I can post pictures yet. I thought you had to have 50 posts.

    8. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      2

      Tank Officers

      There were only 350 made according to Colt. I bought one several years ago and could not find any info so I called Colt.

      I never shot it, but I sure want to.

    9. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by Joeval57 View Post
      There were only 350 made according to Colt. I bought one several years ago and could not find any info so I called Colt.

      I never shot it, but I sure want to.


      Yep that's it. This post is a little old so in the meanwhile I called Colt and they told me the same thing. Thanks.

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Search tags for this page

    1911 tank commander
    ,
    1911 tank officers
    ,
    colt 45 tank commander
    ,

    colt tank commander

    ,

    colt tank officer

    ,

    colt tank officers

    ,
    colt tank officers .45
    ,
    colt tank officers 45
    ,

    colt tank officers model

    ,
    colt tanker
    ,
    colt tankers model
    ,
    tank officers 1911
    Click on a term to search for related topics.